You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Re: Which do you feel is most likley

Olorin wrote:

I'm thinking most of the CD sessions will be scrapped now. They are supposed to be more electronic and experimental than the first album was,and I just cant see that direction anymore from a GNR/Axl that is falling back to the cliche skulls n tits type band merchendising and who dust off 2 ancient AC/DC songs to pad out their live sets.
I think they will keep whatever traditional rockers they have in the vault and add new ones with this line up. Fuck knows when though, everyone is showing a strong interest in getting back into the studio and Axls determined to keep them out touring.

Intercourse
 Rep: 212 

Intercourse wrote:

GNR/Axl that is falling back to the cliche skulls n tits type band

Fucking Hilarous!

smoke
 Rep: 77 

smoke wrote:

divney's right- I hadn't considered that the well may be dry. For now, I stubbornly refuse to believe it, but as time goes on, it gets harder. I voted new album after this year but if we get out of 2012 with nothing new in sight, I think I'll be mostly resigned to GNR going forward as a nostalgia act, albeit a great one to watch.

Also, I think the first official sign we'll get that no new album is on the horizon will be band members leaving, mostly likely Tommy or DJ first.

Ali
 Rep: 41 

Ali wrote:

The band will work on new material this year, in between and after tour legs.  An album will be released in 2013.  The only question I have is whether the next record will be only older material, not yet released, or new material written with DJ, or a combination of the two.

Ali

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
johndivney wrote:

we talk a lot about axl wasting time etc.

we spend a little less time discussing the possibility the may be done creatively.

I can't speak for anyone else but I've thought this for YEARS. You're right though it's never really discussed. I think most don't wanna admit the possibility but to be honest no new material on the horizon and when we do hear about it it's all talk about decade old material. Axl may be tapped out.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I think the reason there's no discussion on it is because of the vault we're not at that place.

As i've said before, to me a good Axl song is timeless, NR was written long before it hit UYI, I gather TIL was 10 years old or so. I have no problem with an album of "old"-new songs.

So even if Axl never touched a keyboard again - from multiple sources we have knowledge that there's around 2-3 albums worth of  done or mostly done songs (especially when you consider that a lot of you prefer the leaks of CD to the release, many of the unfinished songs may be at finished quality by objective standards).

So i guess to me creatively I hear what you're saying but it's irrelevant at the moment.

We're musically starving, but there's a stockpile of food waiting to be heated up, the fact that global harming has killed our crops won't even effect us for 10 years wink

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Also on another front - I'm not sure I agree with the concept of people being creatively done. I think some artists get burnt out by the system. But does someone creative really just loose all that ability?

I think for some people it's a struggle. I know with my own crappy songs I can only write them certain days and there's no controlling it. So I can get that Axl may not be able to write an Estranged on demand...but the idea that he'd record 12 songs and then that's it for life or something also seems odd to me.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:
Intercourse wrote:

With Beta at the helm of GNR there is no way she will want all of those 'equals' like Slash, Duff and Izzy at the table. She runs Axl and Axl runs GNR, that model has taken her 15 years to create, there is no way she'll be stepping off that gravy train.

I cannot imagine seasoned and experienced music businessmen like Slash and Duff wanting to enter into shit-eating deals with that set up no matter what's on offer. We harp on here about people making friends etc but I cannot help but notice how Slash and Duff now just seem plain confused with how the myth of the reunion has burned on.

I have no desire to hang with the girl that broke up with me 20 years ago yet she was my first love and meant everything at one time. In fact I still see her on Facebook and just shudder. I bet these guys all feel the same about the old lineup back together....too weird..

Im actually best friends with my first love *we dated off n on for 7 years* and She is getting married and I am actually gonna be in her wedding. LOL!

So i guess I am as spineless as I said Duff was! hahahahahaha

johndivney wrote:
Bono wrote:
johndivney wrote:

we spend a little less time discussing the possibility the may be done creatively.

I can't speak for anyone else but I've thought this for YEARS.

in fairness, yourself & a few others have broached the subject before.

Bono wrote:

no new material on the horizon and when we do hear about it it's all talk about decade old material.

for precisely that reason

monkeychow wrote:

I think the reason there's no discussion on it is because of the vault we're not at that place.

there are at least two issues w/this i think. 1: because we've been exposed to leaks before is no guarantee there exists other fit material [for eventual release]. & there are many conflicting reports about the readiness/completeness of this material, in whatever form it exists.
2: more crucially, harking back to Bono's point, IF the material exists we have to assume it's thematically similar to what was on CD. happenings ten years time ago was interesting reading the first time around but how much relevance or interest will the same infatuations & stories have now?? CD was plagued by self-reference in it's plotline's & it's fairly safe to assume the other material from that time deals with the same subject matter, so the ultimate question is what's the point of going over old ground? then, does axl's gnr have anything interesting to offer on the telling of the story? as far as crucial condundrums go it's not a very fascinating or ambitious question. a better idea would be to finally work quickly & start releasing things & fucking the consequences - which btw should be a vital foundation stone in the GnR world (but is an excuse far too easily discarded...)

Ali
 Rep: 41 

Ali wrote:
Bono wrote:
johndivney wrote:

I can't speak for anyone else but I've thought this for YEARS. You're right though it's never really discussed. I think most don't wanna admit the possibility but to be honest no new material on the horizon and when we do hear about it it's all talk about decade old material. Axl may be tapped out.

What is there really to admit?  None of us have any clue how often a melody pops into Axl's head when he's tinkering around on the piano, how often he actually works a melody and chord progression into something more like a fully formed song.

None of us even know if it is even Axl's plan to release CD-era material for the next record.

Ali

Board footer