You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Re: Which do you feel is most likley

Bono wrote:

Slightly similar to the other poll we got going on but with a few more options. Keep in mind by "Current band" I mean any type of new era band post 1994. By "original band" I mean anything that involves Axl, Slash and Duff I guess.

If you vote for the 2nd option(current band releases album after 2012 & tours) be specific and say how long you think it'll be before an album.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

HAHAHA my poll feels like the movie "Saw"that has spawned a ton of sequels LOL

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

otto
 Rep: 83 

otto wrote:
russtcb wrote:

For no reason whatsoever I voted "Tours and releases an album in 2012"

Same here. I really think that the record company will ride the wave of the RRHOF and release something, throw a bone and see if it sticks.. If not, poor Axl, he'll have to bend to the bad company men.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Gazing into my crystal ball I see as follows:

1. Nothing indicates a reunion will ever happen. However
If a reunion did occur I see the following:

a. Album and Tour (best option for fans but hardest to control and thus very unlikely)
b. Just a tour (kinda likely if event of reunion but would have limited dates before meltdown)
c. One off benefit gig of some kind (maybe rorhof but more likely when something fucked happens like steven dies. This is the most likely form of reunion we'll ever get)

2. Current Band....

I believe they will put out an album and I'm looking forward to it. But I'm expecting it mid 2014.

My logic is at the moment Axl is touring and has RORHOF to deal with. That keeps him busy till mid year. Then add in another 6 months to tinker with finishing songs, working up some DJ changes and there's 2012 gone. Then add in a year for management to hammer out a deal with business side - labels and what not - this includes drafting release plans that are ok to Axl (he'd want the label to invest cash in marketing) and to the label (they're going to want to be sure the CD release vanish doesn't rehappen). This will likely result in some drama and stalemates so you can expect 2013 to be dedicated to that - especially if the band plays some euro shows mid way through to keep finances and momentum/moralle up.

Final album delivered early 2014 - label then takes 3-6 months to launch it as is their way - ETA May to October 2014 smile

So my predictions:

1. No reunion other than maybe some kind of gimmic all star jam at RRHOF but even that unlikely to be in a form of happy making reunion.

2. This year and next year sees the band as it did from 2009-2011 - touring regionally and generally being active but without a release.

3. New album comes out in 2014.

That's how I'd guess it will go...but hey...it's GNR...anything could happen!

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:

I voted for #3. Axl is the ultimate cashgrab joke at this point.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I went with #3 also Tejas. A couple weeks ago, maybe a month... I would've said 'current band tours and releases album in 2012'.

The whole momentum SEEMED to be heading that way. I don't know if it's just me being on the fence, and going with the other option this time, but it just doesn't FEEL in my gut right now that an album is on the horizon at all.

Axl seems to be in cashgrab mode again, and is gonna continue to milk the U.S. for the rest of the spring, and probably head back to Europe for Chinese tour III for them.

Unless Axl has the album already done, they're gonna use "we're on the road" as another excuse to delay music even further, short of a whipped up single or EP to tide over starved fans.

Neither of those "original band" options are happening. Maybe some guest appearences here in there, but no full-fledged reunion is on the horizon short of the HOF and like I said, maybe some guest appearences. Bringing out Slash, Izzy, Duff & Steven to close out the Ritz 2012 show with Paradise City would set that place a blaze.

monkeychow wrote:

Final album delivered early 2014 - label then takes 3-6 months to launch it as is their way - ETA May to October 2014

Fuck that with a 10-inch dick. FUCK that.

If that's the time table for the next GN'R album, then i'm retiring in the near future from the boards and being a fan.

I don't follow ANY artist, GN'R included for continuous hits shows. It's move towards new music or fuck off. Otherwise what's the point? If I were GN'R i'd operate the same.

The next album needs to be on the front burner. That rice was ready 20 minutes ago. It's time to fuckin' eat.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

GNR in some form must capitalize on this HOF pub. if they don't will be the dumbest thing They've ever done and that would be saying a shitload.

This is Beta's Trial by fire as a manager. if she can't capitalize on this, GNR are DONE IMO.

Bro-mero
 Rep: 23 

Bro-mero wrote:
Axlin12 wrote:

The next album needs to be on the front burner. That rice was ready 20 minutes ago. It's time to fuckin' eat.

You can wait until ol' uncle Axl is done in the bathroom washing his hands. Meanwhile, everyone else is at the dinner table waiting to eat. The rice will be served when uncle Axl comes to the table

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
-D- wrote:

GNR in some form must capitalize on this HOF pub. if they don't will be the dumbest thing They've ever done and that would be saying a shitload.

This is Beta's Trial by fire as a manager. if she can't capitalize on this, GNR are DONE IMO.

I agree. The HOF is GNR's "last moment" as a band. Let's be honest.

They don't even have to reunite to ride the wave. But they aren't gonna get that much momentum EVER AGAIN (trust me in a couple years when it dawns on you).

I don't see why the old band and the new band couldn't co-exist. A full-fledged reunion ain't happening (I personally don't think anybody even wants it outside of Steven).

But I don't see why IF they could be all happy and patch things up, and come full circle as bandmates and brothers again, why you couldn't have recurring special guest appearences by the old band at select shows, in addition to pushing the new band. I don't see why the writing forces couldn't be combined in-studio either to put together collective ideas. Izzy hasn't changed from 1991 all these years, Duff's doing his thing, Slash is basically a session musician writer/performer already.

GN'R could be a collective force under Axl Rose. It's Axl's baby anyways, and has been for years. They could truely use all this and become Axl's NIN.

And yet everybody gets to keep their day job. Axl does his thing, Slash does his, Izzy does his, Duff does his, and DJ, Ron, Richard, Tommy, Frank, Dizzy & Chris still have GN'R and tour the world as such AND contribute to the band as well, AS WELL as the vault material from Robin/Bucket/Paul.

It works on all sides, as long as the artistic interest is there.

I don't see why you couldn't see this as writing credits on the next album...

Rose/Finck/Carroll/Mantia/Costanzo

Rose/Tobias

Rose/Stinson/Reed

Rose/Pitman

Rose/Stradlin

Rose/McKagan/Reed

Rose/Ashba/Thal/Fortus

Rose/Fortus

Rose/Fortus/Stinson/Pitman

Rose/Slash

Rose/Slash/Stradlin

Rose/Stradlin/McKagan

Rose/Caroll/Mantia

Let's just see what happens. I don't see at all why it wouldn't work short of just old fashioned ego's. Like I said -- this is Axl's band and has been for a long while. No reason to not just throw every ingredient into the pot and make delicious GN'R gumbo. This concept of the 2009-11 band as "this is a band"... bullshit. I heard all that shit in 2006-07 too, and also in 2001-02. GN'R hasn't been a band since 1991. Since it's been Axl's ship and whoever he wants on board.

Board footer