You are not logged in. Please register or login.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

Re: Nfl Draft - Free Agency

PaSnow wrote:

Wow, ALOT of FA WR's this year.

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

Wow, ALOT of FA WR's this year.

The best one on the list (imo) Dwayne Bowe will probably be franchised tagged or signed to a long term deal.

CB is also a strength of this FA class.  Finnegan, Grimes, Rogers (doesn't sound like he'll be tagged), Routt, Porter, and Carr (good chance he'll get the FA tag). 

Add to that the strong CB draft class and there is no excuse for not getting a CB if you need one.

Rumor is that Dwight Freeney could get cut in Indy.  He is going to be making 19 million this year.  I don't really see it though.  I can't see them losing both DE in one offseason.   The draft isn't exactly strong at the DE position.  More likely Indy will end up playing a hybrid D instead of going to a 3-4 this year.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Bears need a killer WR & while Cutler isnt bad, they need an elite QB before the SB window is sealed completely shut. Thats the only thing that prevented them from being a dynasty. The early-mid 00s Bears the best team since the 90s Bills to not win a SB.

James

James wrote:

Unlikely but the Bears should go after Manning. They were insane fir not grabbing Favre before he went to the Vikings & will probably do the same this time. The Ravens are fucking idiots if they dont attempt to acquire him.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

At the very least, the Bears need a decent back up. Maybe Brady Quinn.

James

James wrote:

Now that Moss has decided to come back, time for the Bears to make a move.

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

I'd pass on Moss. It's a gamble to sign him and you can't put him on special teams if it doesn't work out. Today's era has so many great WRs deep in the draft, I wouldn't overpay for the history on a 35-year old guy who did nothing in Minnesota and Tennessee.

The Bills absolutely have to retain Stevie Johnson to sell tickets next year. After the 5-2 start and 1-8 finish, they don't get a top 5 draft pick and they look like a fraud. But the line is finally improving, and Scott Chandler has become the Bill's first legitimate receiving tight end in a decade. Fitzpatrick isn't elite or even great, but with the right weapons this offense can be playoff level. Stevie is the ONLY weapon on the roster at WR. I love Fred Jackson but I'm not sure the Bills should pay him. CJ Spiller looked really good down the stretch and Jackson's on the wrong side of 30. If Jackson holds out that'll be a difficult decision. Then the Bills should spend their entire draft on defense. They're switching back to a 4-3 base with Wannstedt taking over, but aren't ready for either set right now. They never acquired the outside pass rushers to run a 3-4 (Spencer Johnson and Chris Kelsay playing outside is a joke) but made the switch when the run D was so porous. And I don't think that's changed. Kyle Williams and Marcell Dareus form a good interior D-line and Byrd and Wilson are solid at safety, but the team needs major talent injections at linebacker, corner, and defensive ends.

misterID

misterID wrote:

What do you guys think about Whitney Mercilus? Think he could be a top 10 pick? He can play both 3-4 OLB and 4-3 DE.

misterID

misterID wrote:

Peyton Manning will be a free agent tomorrow. The Colts are cutting him.

25ui0df.png

Nuff said tongue

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

Just saw that too:

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutd … 35941.html

I predict Washington or Dallas.  They both have the funding & large fanbase to support it, plus are desperate for a lock at QB. If Dan Snyder ever makes one good FA signing, I think this might be it.  The amount of interest generated alone would be worth it. And it's an attempt to make up for all his past f-ups.  Although, not sure Shanahan would want Peyton in his stupid system.

Hard to believe he's being cut, I guess no team wanted the $28 million price tag. Myb they wanted a clause that if he's injured they won't have to pay him, and it's not in there. I think in the NFL you can't cut a player due to injury (hence the Injured Reserve).

Board footer