You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Von
 Rep: 77 

Re: All Original GUNS Members Will Be At ROCK AND ROLL HALL OF FAME

Von wrote:

GUNS N' ROSES keyboardist Dizzy Reed has told Billboard.com that the band's entire original lineup — including guitarist Slash and vocalist Axl Rose — will attend the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame induction ceremony on April 14 in Cleveland. "I know that all the original band is going to be there," Reed said. "I don't know exactly what's going to go down. It's one of those things I'm sure will all come together and be really cool. I'm just going to go in with a good attitude and a clear head and a grateful heart."

When asked if there is a possibility that the musicians — Rose, guitarists Slash, Izzy Stradlin and Gilby Clarke, bassist Duff McKagan and drummers Steven Adler and Matt Sorum — will put aside well-publicized differences at the ceremony and pick up their instruments together, Reed told Billboard.com, "Honestly, we haven't spoken about it. I don't know when or why or how to bring it up. It's not an every day sort of thing. So we haven't really talked about it — but I'm sure we'll have to at some point."

During a 2009 interview with longtime friend and former road manager Del James, first published on Spinner, Rose called former GUNS N' ROSES axeman Slash a "cancer."

"There's zero possibility of me having anything to do with Slash other than by ambush, and that wouldn't be pretty," Rose told James. "There is the distinct possibility that having his intentions in regard to me so deeply ingrained and his personal, though guarded, distaste for much of 'Appetite [For Destruction'] the band's diamond-certified debut album] other than his or Duff's playing, Slash either should not have been in GUNS to begin with or should have left after 'Lies'. In a nutshell, personally I consider him a cancer and better removed, avoided — and the less anyone heard of him or his supporters, the better."

A year later, Slash responded to Axl's comments, saying in an interview, "For one, I've never said anything derogatory about anyone's performance on 'Appetite'. So right from the start it's just off."

Furthermore the guitarist, who lost his mother to lung cancer, revealed that though he agreed with the sentiment behind some of Rose's comments, the singer's choice of wording was tough to take.

"The cancer thing, I'll go with him on that, that fits into his description of things. I wouldn't use the word 'cancer' but I haven't gone anywhere and I don't seem to be going anywhere so that's justified," Slash said. "Actually, I lost my mom to cancer so that was a little bit of hard rhetoric at that particular time, but it's typical Axl stuff... I know how he comes off and how he really is, so I give him credit where hopefully it's due."

BLABBERMOUTH.NET

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

If true: FUCK YES.

Sky Dog wrote:

I trust Dizzy on the RRHOF issue about as much as I trust him on the new music issue!

killingvector
 Rep: 21 

Even his statement on the new music issue is pretty dour.

Sky Dog wrote:

He has no clue what Axl's intentions are in regards to anything...

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Believe it when I see it on the internet or TV in April! Hope all goes well!

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
Dizzy wrote:

"Honestly, we haven't spoken about it. I don't know when or why or how to bring it up. It's not an every day sort of thing. So we haven't really talked about it — but I'm sure we'll have to at some point."

16 That is such fucking bullshit. It's not an everyday thing? You've never spoke to Axl about it? You don't know how to bring it up?  Whtaa  joke. If this is true it really shows how this band, even a guy that's been with Axl for this long, walks around on egg shells when it comes to Axl.  I can't for the life of me thik this topic has never been discussed. Whata  load of bullshit.

Having said that if true,  it's good to hear all the original members will be attending. But I mean c'mon, in one sentence he says they've never talked about it and in another he confirms they will all be there. WAIT AND SEE.

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:

"Rumors that Valentine's Day cards have been exchanged remained unconfirmed by press time. "

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

What's this "we" stuff?   Haha, I thought it was all 5 original members?!

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

Axl has to show up. he is smart enough to know, that if he wants any future with the new band, he has to appease the old fan and the press by doing this. The backlash and further damage he'd get from no showing this... would be career ending.

Basically it would confirm every negative word ever spoken about him whether true or not. the perception would be proved true in many people's eyes, fair or not.

Board footer