You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: All Original GUNS Members Will Be At ROCK AND ROLL HALL OF FAME

misterID wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:
misterID wrote:

10. Better
11. Paradise City (yeah, I put it under Better)

Cocaine is a hell of a drug!

dave-chappelle-as-rick-james1.jpg?w=720

tongue

That's right, Charlie Murphie. Kapow!

I struggled with Jungle and Estranged at number 1. I think Estranged deserves to be #1. It's a better song. One of the best of all time, imo... But Jungle is not only perfect, but it means a lot to how it burst on the scene. It has historic significance.

I like Patience, but I didn't really start appreciating it until the recent live versions. Especially because of Richard's intro.

johndivney wrote:
misterID wrote:

I hate lists, but here's my top 15. But take into account it would probably change every day.

1. Jungle
2. Estranged
3. Sweet Child O'Mine
4. November Rain
5. TWAT
6. Locomotive
7. It's So Easy
8. Prostitute
9. Coma
10. Better
12. Rocket Queen
13. Mr. Brownstone
14. Civil War
15. Yesterdays/ 14 Years

i LOVE lists. gonna get started on mine tonight!

might get a bit of research & ideas down before the footy.. (c'mon napoli!)

good top 10. 11-14 is Better tho.
no Nightrain is unforgivable really. shameful shit.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
misterID wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:
misterID wrote:

10. Better

Cocaine is a hell of a drug!

http://d0inw0rk.files.wordpress.com/201 … .jpg?w=720

tongue

I struggled with Jungle and Estranged at number 1. I think Estranged deserves to be #1. It's a better song. One of the best of all time, imo... But Jungle is not only perfect, but it means a lot to how it burst on the scene. It has historic significance.

I like Patience, but I didn't really start appreciating it until the recent live versions. Especially because of Richard's intro.

Burst on the scene? Jungle didn't become a top 10 hit until they re-released it after SCOM's success. It was previously successful as a video request on MTV though. I think its real historic significance is how much life it has had in the 25 years after it was first released. It has become the #1 sports anthem and will continue getting played at every sporting event until Judgment Day.

misterID

misterID wrote:

If the album version of Nightrain was like the live version it'd be in the top 10. No doubt.

misterID

misterID wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:
misterID wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:

Burst on the scene? Jungle didn't become a top 10 hit until they re-released it after SCOM's success. It was previously successful as a video request on MTV though. I think its real historic significance is how much life it has had in the 25 years after it was first released. It has become the #1 sports anthem and will continue getting played at every sporting event until Judgment Day.

No, no, no, being a hit is not what I mean. It was GN'R's first single that came out. It was the first representation of the band and AFD. It embodied who and what the band was. The fact it was buried and controversial (the video) adds to its importance.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
madagas wrote:

Estranged is my fav...after that there is no particular order...

SCOM
One In A Million
Locomotive
The Garden
November Rain
Coma
Civil War
Breakdown
Patience

that would be my top ten

Great list. My list is a bit different, but most of your favourites are on that, or just a little under.

(In no order)

One In A Million
Jungle
Paradise City
Rocket Queen
You're Crazy (acoustic)
Double Talkin' Jive
Coma
Civil War
Locomotive
Estranged

tejastech08

tejastech08 wrote:
misterID wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:
misterID wrote:

No, no, no, being a hit is not what I mean. It was GN'R's first single that came out. It was the first representation of the band and AFD. It embodied who and what the band was. The fact it was buried and controversial (the video) adds to its importance.

Pretty sure It's So Easy was the first single. And THAT video really takes the cake when it comes to controversy. Hell, it was so controversial they didn't release it at the time. Thank God for YouTube! 16

tejastech08

tejastech08 wrote:

As far as creating a top 10 list, it's hard for me to do because I love the following GN'R songs pretty much equally (chronological order):

Welcome To The Jungle
It's So Easy
Nightrain
Out Ta Get Me
Mr. Brownstone
Paradise City
My Michelle
Think About You
Sweet Child O' Mine
Rocket Queen
Knockin' On Heaven's Door (Live at the Ritz)
Mama Kin
Patience
Used To Love Her
You're Crazy (Acoustic)
One In A Million
Down On The Farm (Live at Farm Aid)
Right Next Door To Hell
Dust N' Bones
Live and Let Die
Don't Cry (Original)
Perfect Crime
You Ain't The First
Bad Obsession
Back Off Bitch
Double Talkin' Jive
November Rain
The Garden
Don't Damn Me
Dead Horse
Coma
Civil War
14 Years
Yesterdays
Breakdown
Pretty Tied Up
Locomotive
Estranged
You Could Be Mine
Don't Cry (Alternate)

Too hard for me to cut 30 of them, so screw it! 14

misterID

misterID wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:
misterID wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:

Pretty sure It's So Easy was the first single. And THAT video really takes the cake when it comes to controversy. Hell, it was so controversial they didn't release it at the time. Thank God for YouTube! 16

Jungle was the world's introduction to GN'R.

tejastech08

tejastech08 wrote:
misterID wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:
misterID wrote:

Jungle was the world's introduction to GN'R.

It wasn't the first single. And it wasn't even the world's introduction to them. Sweet Child is when they blew up. Before that song, most of the world still didn't know who they were. After that song, EVERYONE knew who they were.

Board footer