You are not logged in. Please register or login.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

Re: All Original GUNS Members Will Be At ROCK AND ROLL HALL OF FAME

tejastech08 wrote:
Aussie wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:
-D- wrote:

what if it kicked ass though?

It wouldn't. It'll never be what they were.

But could the collective be better than what they have individually now become - maybe!

I honestly don't care at this point. I'm fine with the 5 years of music we got out of them.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:
Aussie wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:

It wouldn't. It'll never be what they were.

But could the collective be better than what they have individually now become - maybe!

I honestly don't care at this point. I'm fine with the 5 years of music we got out of them.

I wasn't expecting nor hoping for "what it once was". But for them to fully honor the fans and give the people what they want. One song. One night. Move on.

metallex78

metallex78 wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:
BLS-Pride wrote:

Really? They can't perform one fucking song? What a bunch of pussies. Seriously. Pussies. Are they even gonna accept the award together or is that too close to each other too.

It's either Axl or Slash that fucked what could have been a insane moment in rock and roll history. Both have played with the former members. Time to play pick the bitch.

I'm kind of relieved though. Better that the Hall of Fame ceremony can focus on what GN'R was instead of on a bunch of old has beens. GN'R were a product of youth culture, just like many other great rock bands. It's better to remember them for what they were instead of seeing them give a lame old fart performance.

Slash, Duff, Matt and even Izzy are better players now that they ever were in GN'R's heyday. Even with a semi-drugged up Steven, and a hit & miss Axl vocal on top, there is no way that these guys getting together and busting into an old Guns tune would be bad. At all.

What a wasted opportunity.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

U know.. more i think about it..

If it was like the half assed VR one off.... prob best not to.

so im back to at least accepting award together.

metallex78

metallex78 wrote:
-D- wrote:

what if it kicked ass though?

I have no doubts that it would kick ass, regardless. The original GN'R back catalogue is way too good, that even a dull performance would sound great.

I argue this against the recent VR reunion (which was pretty boring), because VR's songs are a bit hit and miss, especially crap like She Builds Quick Machines.

tejastech08

tejastech08 wrote:
-D- wrote:

U know.. more i think about it..

If it was like the half assed VR one off.... prob best not to.

so im back to at least accepting award together.

Exactly. They won't have the chemistry they did 25 years ago. They're different people now. Just the way it goes.

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:

They won't have the chemistry they did 25 years ago. They're different people now. Just the way it goes.

I don't think anyone expects them to have the same chemistry if it happened.  But it would be better than hearing VR play old guns tracks etc. 

With that line of thinking then Axl shouldn't play the old tracks with new Guns either coz he won't be able to play them with the same chemistry.

Nobody expects them to play like it was 1987 yesterday, but it doesn't mean that a group performance couldn't still be really cool for the few minutes it occurs.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:
Aussie wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:

They won't have the chemistry they did 25 years ago. They're different people now. Just the way it goes.

I don't think anyone expects them to have the same chemistry if it happened.  But it would be better than hearing VR play old guns tracks etc. 

With that line of thinking then Axl shouldn't play the old tracks with new Guns either coz he won't be able to play them with the same chemistry.

Nobody expects them to play like it was 1987 yesterday, but it doesn't mean that a group performance couldn't still be really cool for the few minutes it occurs.

This.

tejastech08

tejastech08 wrote:
Aussie wrote:

I'd be in favor of banning his tribute band.

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:
Aussie wrote:

I'd be in favor of banning his tribute band.

Touche!  16

Board footer