You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Intercourse
 Rep: 212 

Re: All Original GUNS Members Will Be At ROCK AND ROLL HALL OF FAME

Intercourse wrote:

These guys could get up a WRECK the Hall of Fame without breaking a sweat.
All the main men are sober and all have been on the road alot lately.

Good band chemistry never dies. Its why is magical and unique and so hard to replicate. If any of you have seen the original line up and then twenty years later seen VR you will know that that this group of musicians continue to be a force of nature.

Put an in-form, buzzed Axl on top of that and it will be fucking nuclear..

Gibbo
 Rep: 191 

Gibbo wrote:

Yep if they got up there and played welcome to the jungle it would kick arse one song axl can still sing well

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:

Knowing Axl's infamous insecurity and hostility towards Slash, this show was very doubtful from the beginning. A one-off reunion would be great, but if they don't wanna do it, then they'd better don't it. I'd accept an Axlless performance though.
Anything less than the five of them onstage together accepting the award is a fuck-up, just to clear my position before the RNRHOF.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

It was never promised they'd perform, that was always wishful thinking.

But I think it's still VERY interesting if Axl and Slash interact. Big deal to me, anyway.

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:

Remember the 'tour canceled' tweet and the ensuing hack explanation?

Might be someone's wallowing over the prospect of a performance and going from one option to another.

Mrs Lebeis & co, get his shit together.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
misterID wrote:

It was never promised they'd perform, that was always wishful thinking.

But I think it's still VERY interesting if Axl and Slash interact. Big deal to me, anyway.

It'd be cool, but you know everyone the next day will be saying "it'd been better if they would've performed".

It's a tricky situation. If Axl & Slash get cool, it MIGHT open the door FOR the actual reunion. Which would be the ultimate end game.

But if this thing turns into a Van Halen situation, with GN'R already on shaky ground, i'll be gone. It'll sour any good memory that might be in store, and won't restore itself, until an actual "A Different Kind of Truth" situation happens for Guns N' Roses many years from now.

Axl's current band doesn't have a "5150" situation. They don't. If they did it was called Chinese Democracy, and Axl fubar'ed it years ago. People blame the label, but if he would've delivered the album when he agreed to it, they would've rolled out the red carpet.

In the immortal words of Mr. Vincent Kennedy McMahon...

"Axl Rose screwed Axl Rose"

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

Even if they don't play I sure hope they get in a room together before hand, just to exorcise some of that animosity before they get up on stage to accept the award. I don't think anyone wants to see it turn into a really awkward moment.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Watching Jarmo discuss this on htgth is comical...  Everyone wants to see this, for Axl's sake, he needs to do a couple songs.. Would be a huge PR hit is he is the lone gunman not wanting to jam....  Unless there is a second gunman in the grassy knoll (Izzy).

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

I want to hear "mother" intro into paradise city.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I don't think Izzy is holding this up. Izzy has actually remained quite positive about a reunion over the years. So is Duff & Steven.

I think it comes down the Queen & King in the deck... Axl & Slash.

And honestly?

I wouldn't be shocked at all if Axl gave it the green light, and Slash said "no", because he's with Myles right now and wants to focus on all this positive energy, blah blah blah. Slash looked like he didn't want to do the VR thing on stage after he agreed to it, and Slash can be just as much of a diva.

It could be either of them. But if I have to bet? I'd lay everything I have, my left nut, and the pussy of every woman in my genetic bloodline on it being... Axl.

Board footer