You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: All Original GUNS Members Will Be At ROCK AND ROLL HALL OF FAME

misterID wrote:

I thought you guys hate Axl's voice now...???

Anyway, they don't HAVE to perform at the HOF. And even if they don't doesn't mean they won't at some point. If they settled things, then you'd see Slash performing with the new line up... Then probably with Izzy and Duff at the same time. Then again, they could still perform together at the HOF.

TBH, no matter how many complain that it's the original five or nothing, that's how I see any kind of reunion. And I'd be satisfied with it. Sorry Steven.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

^ 2006 Axl voice is fucking awesome, the screams destroy stuff, with modern slash's playing as well it would nuke the atmosphere.

Sadly yet to see that sort of form from Axl in 2011/12 - no disrespect intended, just calling it as I hear it, it still sounds great - but 2006 he had a lot more power in the rasp going on.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Well, you're gonna have to get a time machine for that performance. wink

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

^ 2006 Axl voice is fucking awesome, the screams destroy stuff, with modern slash's playing as well it would nuke the atmosphere.

Sadly yet to see that sort of form from Axl in 2011/12 - no disrespect intended, just calling it as I hear it, it still sounds great - but 2006 he had a lot more power in the rasp going on.

I thought 2010 was better than 2006 from a vocal standpoint. Something happened in 2011 though. '02 helium voice came back.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
-D- wrote:

i really just can't understand how someone that is a GNR fan WOULDN"T wanna see the guys who wrote and lived this shit perform it one more time.

mind boggling

Don't agree with the latter part of your argument, but I agree with this.  I honestly don't see the "harm" in playing a couple of songs ONE night to commemorate such an honor.  I mean, it IS an honor, isn't it?  And the reason they're getting inducted is mainly based off of their success from the early days, right?  It's clear that a reunion isn't truly in the cards.  A one off performance isn't going to cause GNR to cancel their European tour and Slash to shelve his solo album.  Both are moving forward at their own pace.  Some people won't see it that way, but those same people would never see it that way in the first place.

Lomax wrote:

What GNR fan wouldn't want to see a reunion of any of the many lineups? I'd love too see a 2001 reunion live but I'd like to see this more.

Don't see how it could possibly be damaging to any of them, quite the opposite in fact!

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
Riad wrote:

Don't see how it could possibly be damaging to any of them, quite the opposite in fact!

I'm still not sure it helps Axl. Like I said in another thread I think he's damned if he does and damned if he doesn't.  And it's the bed he made so...

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

I think it helps if he does. shows he isn't the "Asshole" everyone makes him out to be. wins over the skeptical fanbase, continues what he is doing.

If he doesn't.. he will get fucking anally raped in the press. will prove every perception correct.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
-D- wrote:

I think it helps if he does. shows he isn't the "Asshole" everyone makes him out to be. wins over the skeptical fanbase, continues what he is doing.

If he doesn't.. he will get fucking anally raped in the press. will prove every perception correct.

I tend to agree with Bono's assessment that he can't win either way. 

Maybe he would get LESS heat by sucking it up and performing with the originals, but he'd still get slammed.  You yourself said he'd get slammed for not looking or sounding good compared to the others.  He can't win, whatever he does.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

well.. maybe i was wrong about that.

i think for a few songs, he could really break out the vocal power.

Board footer