You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Re: All Original GUNS Members Will Be At ROCK AND ROLL HALL OF FAME

Bono wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

I don't think many want him to quit gnr for good.

I think you're wrong. There is a reason people continue trashing him for his actions over the years. If he had just started his own solo career when GN'R died in the mid-90's, I think most people would be a bit less critical of him...especially the media.

I now I would be less critical. I love GUNS N" ROSES and when the whole thing fell apart it wasn't Gn'R anymore and for Axl to carry it on with a band that isn't and parade around as though they are every bit as legit as the original or even the Illusion era is ridiuclous in my mind. I was willing to accept it though if he had just moved forward and relased some music. Axl Rose's musical output post Illusions is fucking pathetic. It really is. For a "musical genius" to release one album in 16 years that in my opinion is average at best is just sad.

Had he just went on as Axl Rose expectations would've been way lower, more people including hardcore fans and critics would have more respect for it for numerous reasons.

For all the peope who claim Axl is a genius and a really smart guy he sure is clueless. It's almost like he chooses the hardest path everytime just because it gives him a  built in excuse.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

johndivney wrote:

As w/p much anything to do w/GnR Axl has brought the mess on himself & it's impossible to have sympathy for him..

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:
faldor wrote:
-D- wrote:

yeah but cmon.. Axl has to know these guys aren't the old band.

I think Axl realizes that.  But again, in HIS mind, he feels he was left abandoned to carry on with GNR alone.  When everyone else "quit" he replaced them and soldiered on.  Obviously others don't see it that way, and that frustrates him even more.

The fundamental issue is Axl's lack of respect for the contributions of the Appetite guys. When Bonham died, the remaining members of Zeppelin felt it wouldn't be Led Zeppelin without him. And they're fucking right. Most of the world feels the same way about Guns N' Roses, although there is a distorted view where it's all about Slash and Axl. I happen to think the other three also deserve a lot of credit.

That's your opinion though. I don't see the world trashing him for using the name, only some people on some forums. Many people have accepted the band as GN'R, and a minority of old fans shouldn't dicatate his life.

And Zeppelin stopped because Plant wanted a solo career. That gets lost in the nobility of the break up.

Since that Traci Gunns interview on TMS, I'd have to say that Izzy definitely doesn't get the credit for AFD that he deserves (that nearly all the music was already written by Izzy before Slash, save a few songs and some riffs, which were great, btw), when it's mostly been given to Slash. neutral

Again, they don't have to perform together at the HOF. Burying the hatchet would be HUGE. And it would definitely open the door to them performing together in a way Axl would feel comfortable. It doesn't HAVE to be tied to one specific date. To get them together for the first time in 20 years would be amazing.

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

johndivney wrote:

he made it, didn't ask for it. he wanted it this way, well that's what he gets.

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

for everyone saying that axl is in a lose-lose situation:

regardless of what goes down at the rrhof......

if he were to release a solid album shortly afterwards people would respect him and his current band.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
war wrote:

for everyone saying that axl is in a lose-lose situation:

regardless of what goes down at the rrhof......

if he were to release a solid album shortly afterwards people would respect him and his current band.

Not really. Solid doesn't cut it when you're talking about Guns N' Roses. The 4 releases that involved Axl, Duff, Izzy, and Slash are considered classic material, not just "solid."

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

the best album ever wouldn't be acknowledged as so. another album that gets favorable reviews (like chinese) would go a long way in saying to the current and potential fan base, "this is why im not reuniting."

read the threads on this board regardless of the title. even reunionites are saying over and over again "ill give these guys the benefit of the doubt if they release music"

the biggest problem anyone could have with gnr right now is the
NEW BAND/OLD MATERIAL concept it is embodying. that is contributing to the rrhof reluctancy/ "lose-lose situation".

new material would help solve this issue.

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Board footer