You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Re: All Original GUNS Members Will Be At ROCK AND ROLL HALL OF FAME

Bono wrote:
misterID wrote:

Bono, there's a whole other world outside North America (talk about living in a bubble), and they have a big fanbase of people who still see it as GN'R. If you don't, fine. Not everyone thinks like Bono.

If the majority of the people feel that strongly, too bad. I wouldn't care.

It's his band.  Get over it.

btw, there was a poll on MTV once where thousands of people voted if he should drop the name, and people voted for Axl to keep the GN'R name. big_smile

Fuck me! You are hilarious. I dont' give a shit about the name anymore cause it is what it is. Its' beyond the point of making any difference. Do I still think it's dumb? Yes I do and there was a time when I had no porblem with him keeping the name wheher you belive that or not.  Your refusal to acknowldeg that the vast majority of people in this world think it's dumb he kept the name though is hilarious beyond words.

It's like you do this shit just to save some sort of face. To admit the majority of the world thinks him using the name Gn'R is stupid,  would dimish you as a fan or something. WTF?

I'm over it. The fact you can't acknowldege it shows you are not. You need to fight for somthing and present it as truth when it's not. What's that about?

If a Rolling Stone poll is your proof that the majority of the world shares your view on this you're more dellusional than I thought. never mid the fact the link to that poll was probably posted on nutswinging sites like HTGTH where the morons voted hundreds of times a day. 

It's not about anything else other than acknowldeging what for the most part is  pretty cut and dry. The general public whether it's outside North America or not think Axl is a twat for keeping the name. How do you not see this?

What's funny is this isn't even a discussion on the merrits for or against him keeping the name. THAT discussion has been beaten to death. This has taken a new turn though where someone is actually denying that the general public's overwhelming opinion is that it's  stupid he kept the name. Honestly where have you been the last 12 years?

Intercourse
 Rep: 212 

Intercourse wrote:

People go to see GNR to see Axl these days.
People call the band GNR but they are in on the joke.
If they were not the whole world would not be as excited about this RRHOF reunion as they are.

The old GNR are music legends.
This GNR have joined the ranks of the rest of the nostalgia acts touring with key members missing, just on a much bigger scale.

Big difference and no semantic BS from the defenders above will disguise that.

johndivney wrote:
Intercourse wrote:

If they were not the whole world would not be as excited about this RRHOF reunion as they are.

The old GNR are music legends.
This GNR have joined the ranks of the rest of the nostalgia acts touring with key members missing, just on a much bigger scale.

Big difference and no semantic BS from the defenders above will disguise that.

this ^
tho, sorry for the semantics, it's probably closer to reality to say 'slightly bigger scale' than 'much bigger scale'. that is all.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Bono, if the name doesn't matter to you, then why are you arguing, dude? You cannot tell me the world's opinion when everyone outside north America look at GN'R very differently than we do. Sorry, man. If you (generally speaking) don't think it's GN'R that's your personal opinion. I have not seen that shared throughout the world. And why does it matter?

And you brought up the poll. The MTV site had MUCH MORE people on it than the GN'R boards and Slash fans were trying to draw up votes all over the net, but they were still valid opinions, no matter which way they voted. Even when you're proved wrong, there's always a reason why the result is invalid when it doesn't match your opinion.

This seems to be more about YOU than anyone.

-D- wrote:
misterID wrote:

Bono, there's a whole other world outside North America (talk about living in a bubble), and they have a big fanbase of people who still see it as GN'R. If you don't, fine. Not everyone thinks like Bono.

If the majority of the people feel that strongly, too bad. I wouldn't care.

It's his band.  Get over it.

btw, there was a poll on MTV once where thousands of people voted if he should drop the name, and people voted for Axl to keep the GN'R name. big_smile

i dont get u though ID

when u were on HTGTH u seemed anti new band.. anti Axl keeping name

So u get banned there and then kinda now buy into their rhetoric which is ironic to me and out there..

what caused  the change?

I've never been anti new band or against him using the name. My thing was always that he needed to release the album to fully establish the new line up as a band and GN'R. He did that.

A lot of people agreed with that, but when he did release the album they moved the goal post and it suddenly wasn't good enough. hmm

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

when i listen to the new Chili Pepper album, I get the exact same vibe as when i listen to CD.... Still love vocals and certain elements but u can just feel that big empty space that isn't there songs are still good but u know what is missing that makes it sound like a different band.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

russtcb wrote:
Me_Wise_Magic 91 wrote:

I thought this kind of discussion would of ended back in 06. In my personal opinion this current version of the band has redeemed the GNR name from obscurity and giving the stuff that fans want to hear. This is just my personal opinion. I've seen solo bands before and these guys play like a rock n' roll band even though everything won't be the same as the classic or UYI lineup. That's life.   Axl said that if he did go solo and not use the name, it would be completely different from this and he probably wouldn't do some of these songs if it wasn't for some of the band members encouraging him. (I still love that joke he did that if he didn't continue performing, he would make a Guns N' Roses themed restaurant) Even though that plan would suck; it would look pretty bad ass in a dream of munching on a burger listening to It's so Easy playing on the GNR jukebox. lol xD  Of course I'm like all of you that want new music or something else to happen to fill the void; but I would like this version of the band to carry on. A reunion right now just would seem desperate. I think Axl is singing great and kicking ass for his age. 50 years...! Most singers can't pull that shit off anymore at that age. I would like for all the drama between the different alumni camps to end and for world peace to be throughout the world; but that's just not an option for the time being. I'm sure one of these days Tommy, DJ, or Ron will finally tell him it's time to make a album and release some of the cuts. xD I'm hoping to catch a show when they come back to do arenas. The problem is putting the blame on Axl and everybody involved isn't going to make anything happen sooner. If you don't want to see the shows with the new band, then don't. There are plenty of other options to fill your appetite for destruction. I might catch a Slash show if Guns isn't in town on a day where I need to go somewhere with friends and rock out. 19 21

All of this.

But I guess it's more fun to completely ignore all of the positive going on with Guns N' Roses and claim the sky is falling over and over and over.

Yeah..:laugh:  Like it's been said, It's only Rock N' Roll.  People just need to sit back and enjoy the music whether they want to celebrate the current lineup, the original versions of the band, etc. I know alot of people are wishing for them to drop a few of the cover songs; but I think something big is going to happen soon. Another thing is GNR isn't the only band that has kept the name after the original band has left. Megadeth, Lynrd, and others have done the same exact thing and doing quite well. Not trying to start an argument just trying to keep the peace!

misterID

misterID wrote:
-D- wrote:

when i listen to the new Chili Pepper album, I get the exact same vibe as when i listen to CD.... Still love vocals and certain elements but u can just feel that big empty space that isn't there songs are still good but u know what is missing that makes it sound like a different band.

I see it a little differently. John's contributions to BSSM were EPIC. The best album of the 90's. There's no telling what they could have done together. When they brought him back the band was totally different, the sound was different. It was softer, more laid back, the entire vibe was different. It's not that big of a deal they have a new guy and the sound changed, they got that when John came back.

And a lot of original fans were disappointed at the work they did with John when he came back. It definitely not like the VH reunion.

I loved it when Dave Navarro was in RHCP, because of the different vibe he brought to the Peppers. I'd love to see what they would sound liek with Dave back. It'd be a much harder band... Maybe, you're never sure how these reunions pan out 16

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

I too loved Dave Navarro in RHCP. I thought I was the only one!

misterID

misterID wrote:

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:
Intercourse wrote:

This.

Axl is playing the game when attending RRHOF, but.

There's no buzz for a new album without at least one track from 21

If there'd be one, the world would accept a new GNR album in a heartbeat.

Board footer