You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Re: All Original GUNS Members Will Be At ROCK AND ROLL HALL OF FAME

Bono wrote:
misterID wrote:

Bono, if the name doesn't matter to you, then why are you arguing, dude? You cannot tell me the world's opinion when everyone outside north America look at GN'R very differently than we do. Sorry, man. If you (generally speaking) don't think it's GN'R that's your personal opinion. I have not seen that shared throughout the world. And why does it matter?

And you brought up the poll. The MTV site had MUCH MORE people on it than the GN'R boards and Slash fans were trying to draw up votes all over the net, but they were still valid opinions, no matter which way they voted. Even when you're proved wrong, there's always a reason why the result is invalid when it doesn't match your opinion.

This seems to be more about YOU than anyone.

haha unbeliveable. I could prove this poll wrong in a  second. All I'd have to do is post the question on my facebook and the results would he so lopsided it's not even funny.  I couid wlak the streets and conduct my own poll and the results would be lopsided but you'd never acknowledge those results. I know this because I live in the real world and I acknowldege things that are real.

It's not about me dude. It's about you thinking that what I'm saying is an opinion shared by only a  few when the reality is it's shared by most. Maybe not on these sites but walk the streets of the world(YES THE WORLD) and ask people if they think he should've dropped the name. The overwhelming response will be yes. Whatever deny it all you want. it obvioulsy allows you some weird piece of mind to ignore reality. the fact you say you've seen nothing to suggest the outside world feels this way speaks volumes.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Go take your walk down the street and take your poll. (despite the MTV poll was open internationally, not aimed at your friendslist, or theirs, or your street)

It's a stupid argument.

You have your opinion and I have mine. It really doesn't matter.

It's GN'R.

End of story. 5

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
russtcb wrote:
Me_Wise_Magic 91 wrote:

I thought this kind of discussion would of ended back in 06. In my personal opinion this current version of the band has redeemed the GNR name from obscurity and giving the stuff that fans want to hear. This is just my personal opinion. I've seen solo bands before and these guys play like a rock n' roll band even though everything won't be the same as the classic or UYI lineup. That's life.   Axl said that if he did go solo and not use the name, it would be completely different from this and he probably wouldn't do some of these songs if it wasn't for some of the band members encouraging him. (I still love that joke he did that if he didn't continue performing, he would make a Guns N' Roses themed restaurant) Even though that plan would suck; it would look pretty bad ass in a dream of munching on a burger listening to It's so Easy playing on the GNR jukebox. lol xD  Of course I'm like all of you that want new music or something else to happen to fill the void; but I would like this version of the band to carry on. A reunion right now just would seem desperate. I think Axl is singing great and kicking ass for his age. 50 years...! Most singers can't pull that shit off anymore at that age. I would like for all the drama between the different alumni camps to end and for world peace to be throughout the world; but that's just not an option for the time being. I'm sure one of these days Tommy, DJ, or Ron will finally tell him it's time to make a album and release some of the cuts. xD I'm hoping to catch a show when they come back to do arenas. The problem is putting the blame on Axl and everybody involved isn't going to make anything happen sooner. If you don't want to see the shows with the new band, then don't. There are plenty of other options to fill your appetite for destruction. I might catch a Slash show if Guns isn't in town on a day where I need to go somewhere with friends and rock out. 19 21

All of this.

But I guess it's more fun to completely ignore all of the positive going on with Guns N' Roses and claim the sky is falling over and over and over.

There actually has to be a sky, for it to fall.

There's nothing to fall, because they are doing literally nothing but touring and playing other people's stuff over and over and over. It's only positive to you because you don't mind watching the same exact show over and over that they'd been playing since 2009. Others don't feel that way.

I get that some people like yourself, just want to see Axl. Period. Nothing more.

But to play the "negativity card", which a certain number of people on here do is short-sighted and slightly disrespectful. It's odd and weird to make others look like and feel misinformed and hateful, when they are simply telling everyone the sky is blue.

Right now I see alot of people in here arguing "the sky is not blue", not "the sky is not falling".

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Same here!

johndivney wrote:
Axlin12 wrote:

There actually has to be a sky, for it to fall.

Ladies & Gentlemen We Are Floating In Space

Sky Dog wrote:

this will make John happy...from the velvet rope (music industry board)...

"Frusciante is not coming, so RHCP will be the current version. RRHOF Musical director Paul Shaffer made a comment that there won't be a GNR performance of any kind. Adam Yauch of the Beastie Boys hasn't been photographed in nearly 2 years because of his ongoing bout with cancer. Half of the Small Faces are dead.

What's to see? "

sad

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

I wanna see fistycuffs, Axl promised fistycuffs sad

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

Fuck all by the sound of it.

Fucking lame, way to disrespect the fans that helped get you there in the first place. Spoilt little bitches whoever shits on this parade. They can go to hell pathetic cunts, karmas a bitch, can't wait to see it.

Sky Dog wrote:

Steven may go postal.....

Board footer