You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Re: All Original GUNS Members Will Be At ROCK AND ROLL HALL OF FAME

Smoking Guns wrote:

Yes, then close with an instrumental of Rocket Queen. Like at the end of the Ritz88 Rocket Queen version. Show the raw power of the band.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:
TheSundanceKid wrote:

If Axl is a no go for a performance, just have Izzy take over on lead.

It is a three song set tops right? So man up and stop being a cunt.

This. I know that Slash probably didn't want to play the Axlless reunion card at Steven's show with Izzy and Duff, but it's time to put the past and the even the future hopes to bed. Axl Rose will not change. Never. He'll remain the bitter hater as years go by, or it'll only get worse. Even Duff gave up recently. There will be no reunion. Not for a last album, not for a glorified farewell tour, not for one single show. Not for 3 damned tunes at your own RRHOF induction.
So the sane four should go and play a few songs with Izzy and Duff on vocals. It's So Easy, Brownstone, Patience, Used to Love Her, third of UYI would work. Just do it and it'll be fine.

Problem is, Izzy showing up is a huge question mark in its own right.  It's not ALL on Axl.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
faldor wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:
TheSundanceKid wrote:

If Axl is a no go for a performance, just have Izzy take over on lead.

It is a three song set tops right? So man up and stop being a cunt.

This. I know that Slash probably didn't want to play the Axlless reunion card at Steven's show with Izzy and Duff, but it's time to put the past and the even the future hopes to bed. Axl Rose will not change. Never. He'll remain the bitter hater as years go by, or it'll only get worse. Even Duff gave up recently. There will be no reunion. Not for a last album, not for a glorified farewell tour, not for one single show. Not for 3 damned tunes at your own RRHOF induction.
So the sane four should go and play a few songs with Izzy and Duff on vocals. It's So Easy, Brownstone, Patience, Used to Love Her, third of UYI would work. Just do it and it'll be fine.

Problem is, Izzy showing up is a huge question mark in its own right.  It's not ALL on Axl.

I agree, with Izzy, you can never know. I think he'll show up if all the others do, but an Axlless induction would be doubtful. He can be there and could be the force of playing a set without Axl, but he can say 'f*** it I stay home'.

faldor

faldor wrote:

I think Axl will be there for sure.  It doesn't appear that a performance is in the cards, probably due to Axl, but we can't know for sure.  I still wouldn't be sure if Izzy would show up.  If he's not there, maybe Axl (or someone else) has a built in excuse for not performing.

Lomax wrote:

This really is a question of  "Will Axl be there for Us". We're the fans after all. If he's not there, then I don't consider myself a fan anymore. More a young man with an unhealthy obsession, that's one step away from fan and towards Epic GNR troll.

They really should play and they should do it for me and you and al the other fans and grow the fuck up

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
faldor wrote:

I think Axl will be there for sure.  It doesn't appear that a performance is in the cards, probably due to Axl, but we can't know for sure.  I still wouldn't be sure if Izzy would show up.  If he's not there, maybe Axl (or someone else) has a built in excuse for not performing.

Well, if they are all there, then I cannot see Izzy forcing the other 3 to play something without Axl. But I don't think either that there would be any chance for a show, if they didn't talk about it before and the players didn't rehearse.

Anyway, five of them on the same stage accepting the award would be good enough for me. Any performance by the originals would be a pleasent surpirse.

faldor

faldor wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:
faldor wrote:

Well, if they are all there, then I cannot see Izzy forcing the other 3 to play something without Axl. But I don't think either that there would be any chance for a show, if they didn't talk about it before and the players didn't rehearse.

Anyway, five of them on the same stage accepting the award would be good enough for me. Any performance by the originals would be a pleasent surpirse.

Agreed, though I think Izzy is the biggest question mark for showing up.  According to Matt Sorum, they will all be sitting together but there are no plans to perform.  He, and all (most) of us, hope that changes though.

https://twitter.com/#!/zbooo/status/180821115516624896

Matt Sorum says Guns N Roses will sit together at @rock_hall induction. No plans to play but he's hoping. -@GraffonMusic #Music #Baktan

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

Seated from Left to Right

Axl,Dizzy,Izzy,Duff,Matt,Adler,Slash

LOL

Lomax wrote:
faldor wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:
faldor wrote:

Agreed, though I think Izzy is the biggest question mark for showing up.  According to Matt Sorum, they will all be sitting together but there are no plans to perform.  He, and all (most) of us, hope that changes though.

https://twitter.com/#!/zbooo/status/180821115516624896

Matt Sorum says Guns N Roses will sit together at @rock_hall induction. No plans to play but he's hoping. -@GraffonMusic #Music #Baktan

I kind of want this to NOT be 100% before hand. I don't want Axl and Slash to have to talk through lawyers or managers. I think this. Is perfect!

No bullshit.
No hangers on.

All the band around a table there to celebrate what they created together. This is what I've wanted for years.
This is really perfect.

I want them all to turn up. None of them with any agenda. All of hem to take their seats at that table and then at some point. A glance is exchanged our laughter is flowing and Axl Slash Duff Izzy and the Easter Bunny make their way to the stage.

johndivney wrote:
Riad wrote:

No bullshit.
No hangers on.

All the band around a table there to celebrate what they created together.

not in a billion years is this ever gonna happen.

i agree it would be nice. i agree w/mrID that just them being together & being OK & not performing would be nice.
but it's never gonna happen.
they're a bunch of dicks.
w/a huge knobhead @ the top.

Board footer