You are not logged in. Please register or login.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

Re: All Original GUNS Members Will Be At ROCK AND ROLL HALL OF FAME

monkeychow wrote:
TheSundanceKid wrote:

Bullshit on the whole not performing.

You can show up in the same room as your peers, but not perform one song? That is bullshit.

Here's why I think it won't go down.

Axl is protecting his work in creating new GNR. Now say what you want about the legitimacy of making a new GNR or if it's been a success or not or even if it's possible. But it's obvious to me that 1993 onwards was a struggle and a fight for him to do as much as he has done - even if it's not what the fans wanted or what the fans might do. Even if he could have done better or worse, he clearly struggled for it.
Success or failure - I can't see him pissing all that away for a one-off reunion for someone else. It would undermine his "this is GNR" cause for decades.

Meanwhile Slash and the others won't play together without Axl to protect the idea of a reunion. People accuse them of making attacks on Axl, and sometimes they make refrences or wise cracks, but in general, everything they've ever done or said, especially in the last 5 or 6 years has been very measured, very calculated, very crafted not to offend, to keep alive the chance of some kind of reunion one day. They state their side of things, but they don't get into "fuck axl" even when prompted by media to do so.

If I were Slash and Adler - this is their shot to set up for a reunion. They can't get access to Axl at any other time - even showing up at his house big_smile But here is a situation where they will be there - and where there's maybe a chance to repair the friendship or at least end the animosity. If that happened then the door is open for a reunion show one other year. But that won't happen if they make him look like a villian by playing as a full group with a guest singer.

So my prediction is that Axl doesn't want to reunite because he's mentally moved on and the others will use this as a chance to test the waters - if he tells them to go get fucked on the night then there's a fair bet the gloves will come off in future interviews and that Slash will start agreeing to play with Izzy and Duff and things like Steve's birthday parties in the future.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Axl isn't that smart. It's hate and animosity that will keep him from playing with the other gunners.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

disagree monkey

if u look at numbers from 2002 to 2011 i think audiences are bout the same size.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
-D- wrote:

disagree monkey

if u look at numbers from 2002 to 2011 i think audiences are bout the same size.

What I mean is. I think GNR from 1992 or so onward seems to have been a huge struggle for Axl. He's battled a broken heart, the pressures of an insane tour schedule, the self destruction of his band mates, his own daemons of anger, I would guess a reasonable amount of anxiety, the pressure of the public opinion being at odds with his own, the general nature of superstardom including the paparazzi, media, and the general expectation in the 1990s that he'd kill himself or someone else. Then he fought on after the loss of his band mates, the loss of his replacements, what i'd guess are issues with his voice,  and who knows what other personal health or metal struggles that may exist.

Now I'm not saying he's a victim, and I know a lot of people think most of those things are his own creation, but either way, they exist, and in spite of all that - he has persisted in a slashless GNR for nearly 2 decades, and he managed to get out an album in the end all be it 15 years after when it was expecred or whatever.

I guess what I mean is to some people this is all the failures of GNR compared to what it could have been or what it was. Yet compared to a 1994 universe where Axl kills himself and CD is never written it's a success. It's all perspective. But my issue is that despite if he's won or lost the battle - it's clear to me it hasn't been easy for him. There's obviously been a lot of angst and issues at every fucking stage from the mixing to the song writing to the tours.

To be honest if i were Axl i'd be glad to still be alive. Cobain isn't. The whole 27 club or whatever it is isn't. Lots of people with half the issues he was born with (his personalty, his past etc) would not be. All that was a fight...and while obviously I can't speak for Axl...I can imagine how if I were him I might consider going back to the old guys after all that to sort of invalidate the monumental efforts he made to overcome the world and himself to recreate GNR and stay alive.

-D-

-D- wrote:

But u aren't going "BACK" to the old guys..

u are just for one night celebrating what u accomplished together.

I'd def support that and not expect a full blown tour/reunion.

but one off?  if that fucks ur head up.. u should already be in a padded cell.

It isn't like Slash murdered his family and raped his kids.

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

If I were Slash and Adler - this is their shot to set up for a reunion. They can't get access to Axl at any other time - even showing up at his house big_smile But here is a situation where they will be there - and where there's maybe a chance to repair the friendship or at least end the animosity.

See that's something I find interesting too.  Not sure how the seating works, whether it's just band members or if it's their partners as well at the table?  But this could be the one chance for Slash to talk to Axl - man to man.  No fucken lawyers, intermdiaries, hangars on, nobody whispering in his ear, miscommunicating, miselading etc etc.  God there are some many more important things in this world than two dudes having a 20 year grudge match, time to put it behind them.

Although if it's partners as well then it may make it more difficult if Axl takes his mummy along or his boyfriend Fernando.  I say to Axl just bring some smokin hot chick along, hit the piss and enjoy yourself.

-D-

-D- wrote:

Problem is.. Im not so sure Slash wants a reunion.

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

I bet Perla does, she wants the money and any associated limelight she can try and stand in. 

If Perla wants it then Slash will be forced to want it too.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
-D- wrote:

But u aren't going "BACK" to the old guys..

u are just for one night celebrating what u accomplished together.

I'd def support that and not expect a full blown tour/reunion.

but one off?  if that fucks ur head up.. u should already be in a padded cell.

It isn't like Slash murdered his family and raped his kids.

Ummmm...Axl's batshit crazy, so maybe in his mind Slash DID murder his family and rape his kids. Just saying. tongue

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
Aussie wrote:

I bet Perla does, she wants the money and any associated limelight she can try and stand in. 

If Perla wants it then Slash will be forced to want it too.

Didn't Perla originally want to hook up with Axl back in the day, but "settled" for Slash? I bet she's pretty happy with how it turned out considering Axl is now a fat fuck with a pedophile mustache.

Board footer