You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: All Original GUNS Members Will Be At ROCK AND ROLL HALL OF FAME

Axlin16 wrote:

Man what a life it must be to be a rockstar.

Even when you're washed up, you can get the hottest 26-year old pussy at a moment's notice "just cause".

Axl just may well be "the last rock star to roam the earth".

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

D i think you under estimate the media shit storm in would make if they play together.

Articles would be all about it and it doesn't matter how many times they said it was a one off it would renew the fires for further collaboration.

Keep in mind Axl freaks out about things people say about him in the news.

If it's a great show it means people will piss on his new band, if it's a shit show they'll piss on him for refusing to reunite until after they got too old.

There's no happy ending doing it for axl.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

As an example:

In 1993 I saw GNR...back when they were the biggest thing around.

Axl comes out and goes "Great City. Now I know it's not your fault, but you need to tell your newspapers I was born with the name rose"

Cos some write up about the upcoming show had said "Axl Rose (real name Bill Bailey").

He's right of course, but while fronting the biggest act in the world, fronting a show for 70K people on a sold out international tour.....why does he even give a fuck what an insignificant local paper over here says about him right or wrong? Cos he's Axl.

I think the media circus that would follow a reunion would stress him out.

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:

I really couldn't care less, and I'm sure Axl feels the exact same way. Hell, he's the KING of namecalling.

You think the world really needs an heir to the throne, there?

Sky Dog wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

As an example:

In 1993 I saw GNR...back when they were the biggest thing around.

Axl comes out and goes "Great City. Now I know it's not your fault, but you need to tell your newspapers I was born with the name rose"

Cos some write up about the upcoming show had said "Axl Rose (real name Bill Bailey").

He's right of course, but while fronting the biggest act in the world, fronting a show for 70K people on a sold out international tour.....why does he even give a fuck what an insignificant local paper over here says about him right or wrong? Cos he's Axl.

I think the media circus that would follow a reunion would stress him out.

YEP...always loved the review of UYI II from Rolling Stone because of this part...

" The clunkers on II are "Shotgun Blues," a sonic assault with surprisingly little impact, and "Get in the Ring," which challenges the band's detractors by name but basically hits below the belt. On Appetite it was "Feel my serpentine"; on Illusion II it's "Suck my fuckin' dick" - meant in a different spirit, yes, but it's beneath them just the same.

Axl Rose has stopped teasing his hair, taken a few of the chains off his cowboy boots, left the pink lipstick to Skid Row's Sebastian Bach and gotten a bit of perspective. So he shouldn't be bothered by his critics, because even with years of practice, no one has come close to that snaky dance of his, that dance that whips victimization, menace and struggle into one fluid, triumphant motion."

johndivney wrote:
misterID wrote:

So, I can start calling you guys whiney little cunts? 16

touche motherfucker, touche.

fwiw i've been called much worse

what's the deal w/LMP?? do u americans think she's something, or something? what's the deal? did she have any of wacko's kids? is there some kinda sex appeal in that? i suppose it'd be nice to ask her to compare your dick w/MJ's actually. that'd be fascinating info. beyond that i don't see much use in her tbh..

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Ali
 Rep: 41 

Ali wrote:
-D- wrote:

I took the gloves off and am spitting some fire over on HTGTH to those Jim Jones sounding fucks

sad part is.. these people are so afraid Axl reads forum they don't want to potentially make him mad.

I could give a fuck if he hates my guts. At least I am honest.

Yeah, you're such an internet tough guy, D. 

Your comments about why people don't want to see a reunion, or have no interest in it, are about as close-minded and asinine as saying that if one were to take their blinders off (or whatever it was to that effect you said) that Chinese Democracy only has 5 good songs roll

Just because someone does not share the same opinion as you, that does not mean they have "blinders" on or are "Jim Jones sounding fucks".

Ali

Sky Dog wrote:
johndivney wrote:
misterID wrote:

So, I can start calling you guys whiney little cunts? 16

touche motherfucker, touche.

fwiw i've been called much worse

what's the deal w/LMP?? do u americans think she's something, or something? what's the deal? did she have any of wacko's kids? is there some kinda sex appeal in that? i suppose it'd be nice to ask her to compare your dick w/MJ's actually. that'd be fascinating info. beyond that i don't see much use in her tbh..

The fascination with her is that she is The King's daughter. The same fascination that has Bobbi Kristina Brown in the news now or Frances Bean Cobain.....:/

interesting article on LMP about the King's estate...
http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,1008740,00.html

Ali
 Rep: 41 

Ali wrote:

Pilferk at HTGH summarized perfectly why I think a HOF reunion by the original lineup will be an obstacle or distraction to the new band and their progress:

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/boar … msg1325256

Because now every question out of every reporters mouth, and every paragraph written about the band's performance will reflect back the HOF reunion, and opine for a return to that (even more than we already see it). 

Because every promoter is going to cajole, prompt, and prod Axl, in every negotiation about a tour with the current lineup, about the possibility of a reunion.

Because every A&R exec is going to hem and haw, and wax poetic about how wonderful an album by the classic lineup would be.

Because EVERY high level record exec is going to weigh the gobs of cash they know would be made by selling a "Classic Line up" album over what they'll make on future releases by the current line up...and decide to invest their resources accordingly.

This kind of thing has ramifications.  Ask the members of Van Halen re: DLR (who they have since kissed and made up with).  Dealing with this kind of shit is not fun.  And the more you give an indication that any sort of reunion could happen (even if it's not direct indications), the more of a shit storm you have to deal with.  And the fan outcry is only one small part.

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/boar … msg1325257

But appearing with the original lineup makes the slope significantly steeper and more slippery.

Which is why you don't give them any more ammunition than they already have.

Ali

Board footer