You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: All Original GUNS Members Will Be At ROCK AND ROLL HALL OF FAME

johndivney wrote:

Bullshit

Progress??
What are you waiting for?!
A miracle?!

Distraction?!! Who even cares r is paying attn?! The fuckin cleaning lady is the fucking manager ffs!!

Where is ur faith n fear coming from?

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

Progress 14

Mabye in 2015 the internet hordes will convince Axls latest guitarist to  ask permission to add 14 Years and Breakdown to the set, cant wait to hear it played better than the old band ever did!! 9

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I wouldn't call it progress...but at the same time..i've had the impression Axl wants to be lest in peace to do his own thing, be that tours or chinese democracy, free from demands that the old guys return and free from public ridicule in the media.

It might not be what we want him to do, or what he should do or anything else, but perhaps how things are is what he wants to do. If that is the case then whatever words Ali chooses aside...his point makes a lot of sense...that it would manifestly increase pressure for collaborations with slash from all parties, the labels, the fans, the promoters, the media etc.

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:

Pilferk's case would stand court, if

this lineup would be actively preparing a new album or touring behind one released less than three and a half years ago.

Instead, Axl will have reporters going on about "this faux pas GNR, while Axl denied us the pleasure of Slash & co @ RRHOF".

I admit, he can't win. But that's because of the GNR name, and his insistence to remain stuck with CD.

Just adding new, original B-sides or whatever to the setilist would be fine. He's done it before with IRS and Riad 16

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

Yeah I tend to agree with most of the others.  A brief performance with the original lineup will not halt the current versions progress.  Besides, you can't stop something from progressing if it is not moving in the first place?

I agree the current lineup is very tight and by most accounts putting on some kick ass shows.  But they certainly don't appear to be progressing anywhere with new material.  CD came out a few years ago now and whilst the new guys have been saying in interviews how keen they are to get together and record new material, this doesn't appear to be happening.

So all those other arguments in there about promotors wanting a classic lineup reunion etc etc if they play - so what, that occurs now.  Axl has spoken directly about this and how Azoff was trying to force a reunion etc etc. So how is it going to be any different. 

But of course if Axl plays a couple of songs with the original writers of those songs everything will become monumentally difficult.  The label will be a pain in the ass, they'll cut his funding off, they will force him to release artwork that isn't done, he will have litigation from everywhere, motor cycles and mobile phones will go missing, email and twitter accounts will be hacked...... oh wait isn't that apparently already occuring??  So what is going to change if he performs - nothing!

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

What Pilferk and others don't realize is... That shit has been happening since 2002. why do u think Universal sabotaged CD?

WHOA we landed on the moon!

Tell me something I haven't known for 10 years.

Read my GNR compared to MOtley posts over the last half decade.

Its never gonna get easier on Axl.

point is this Ali

SOOOO many people.. not everybody, but sooooo many only post the way they do cause they think Axl is reading and that pisses me off.

They think they are gonna get to go backstage or hang with the band if they kiss enough ass an put down the old band/support new band enough.

I see through that fake shit a mile away.

I met Jarmo.. He came and found me in the crowd and we talked for prob 20 mins.. Never once did i hint or mention *Hey u should take me for a backstage tour*

Why? cause i don't want to.

Sky Dog wrote:

I am gonna start calling you "Stud Boy"....man, you really are a badass.

Ali
 Rep: 41 

Ali wrote:
-D- wrote:

What Pilferk and others don't realize is... That shit has been happening since 2002. why do u think Universal sabotaged CD?

WHOA we landed on the moon!

Tell me something I haven't known for 10 years.

Read my GNR compared to MOtley posts over the last half decade.

Its never gonna get easier on Axl.

point is this Ali

SOOOO many people.. not everybody, but sooooo many only post the way they do cause they think Axl is reading and that pisses me off.

They think they are gonna get to go backstage or hang with the band if they kiss enough ass an put down the old band/support new band enough.

I see through that fake shit a mile away.

I met Jarmo.. He came and found me in the crowd and we talked for prob 20 mins.. Never once did i hint or mention *Hey u should take me for a backstage tour*

Why? cause i don't want to.

Yeah, but you lose leverage when you actually reunite, even for one night.  Like I said over at HTGH, you give an inch and someone will take a mile.

Good for you that you don't want to go backstage.  You're super cool for that.  That doesn't diminish the logic behind the stance posters like Pilferk and myself are taking.

Ali

johndivney wrote:

ur logic is fundamentally flawed son

Ali
 Rep: 41 

Ali wrote:
johndivney wrote:

ur logic is fundamentally flawed son

I'm not your "son".  And, no, the logic is not flawed.  Simply put, the way to prove that a reunion tour will never happen is to not reunite and play with the old band ever.

Ali

Board footer