You are not logged in. Please register or login.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

Re: All Original GUNS Members Will Be At ROCK AND ROLL HALL OF FAME

-D- wrote:

True on WTTJ and all the old stuff..

Heard NR on the radio the other day and still amazes me how anyone can think anything on CD comes even close to that solo.

its like people forget or don't remember or something.. no idea. i know music is subjective.. but damn.. i don't get it when i listen to CD tracks next to old band stuff live even.

Even a song like Civil War has so many guitar hooks in it.. CD has very few Guitar hooks in the songs.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
-D- wrote:

Heard NR on the radio the other day and still amazes me how anyone can think anything on CD comes even close to that solo.

I love November Rain but Bucket's TWAT solo is fucking great too. That's the only moment on CD that I would argue is in the same league as AFD, Lies, or UYI.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

See, I go back and listen.. and I find it to be extremely overrated by GNR fans.

Its the Cheerleader or group effect:

Take a girl that is a 7, put her around a bunch of 1's.. she is gonna look like a 10.

Same here.. TWAT is good but is surrounded by so much mediocrity on CD.. it makes it seem legendary when if u listen to it mixed with other great stuff.. its still good but it misses that big moment... has that one nice run and some tapping stuff.. but for me.. just kinda leaves me wanting more.

NR, Slash has not 1, not 2 but 3 solos that take u over the top.

tejastech08

tejastech08 wrote:
-D- wrote:

See, I go back and listen.. and I find it to be extremely overrated by GNR fans.

Its the Cheerleader or group effect:

Take a girl that is a 7, put her around a bunch of 1's.. she is gonna look like a 10.

Same here.. TWAT is good but is surrounded by so much mediocrity on CD.. it makes it seem legendary when if u listen to it mixed with other great stuff.. its still good but it misses that big moment... has that one nice run and some tapping stuff.. but for me.. just kinda leaves me wanting more.

NR, Slash has not 1, not 2 but 3 solos that take u over the top.

He does have 3 great solos in the song. That doesn't mean Bucket's solo is any weaker. It is an amazing solo, regardless of anything else on Chinese Democracy. If it was average, I would call it average. Plain and simple. I've been a pretty big critic of Axl and that album on here. In fact I don't even have it listed as Guns N' Roses in my iTunes library. It's under Axl Rose, since I consider it a solo project.

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

I love slash and all but apparently I'm the only one that thinks the november rain solos are average. the outro is good but the main two I could take or leave yet everyone else seems to think they are the holy grail of guitar work.

tejastech08

tejastech08 wrote:
war wrote:

I love slash and all but apparently I'm the only one that thinks the november rain solos are average. the outro is good but the main two I could take or leave yet everyone else seems to think they are the holy grail of guitar work.

Heh. To each his own. I think they're wonderful. But not wonderful enough to make me think Bucket's TWAT solo is somehow "average."

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I personally think There Was A Time and This I Love are the only songs that really can be held up to 'the best' of the old band. They're basically the sibilings to Estranged & November Rain. I find Madagascar to be there too, but somedays I wonder if that's just a personal opinion.

The rest are good, but I think are on the same level as comparing VR/Slash/Izzy-solo tracks to the old GN'R catalog.

Intercourse
 Rep: 212 

Intercourse wrote:

We should avoid going down the path of debating whose solo is better; its each to their own, always was always will be.

Regardless of the men and their personalities, I still listen to Slash and Axl's work and miss the 'other guy'.

Even if the old line up get a tune or two done together at RRHOF I hope they fucking smash it. Seeing 2012's Axl and Slash up there rocking with a fit and focused Duff and fucking IZZY is going to blow my tiny mind!:mosh:

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:
Axlin12 wrote:

I personally think There Was A Time and This I Love are the only songs that really can be held up to 'the best' of the old band. They're basically the sibilings to Estranged & November Rain. I find Madagascar to be there too, but somedays I wonder if that's just a personal opinion.

The rest are good, but I think are on the same level as comparing VR/Slash/Izzy-solo tracks to the old GN'R catalog.

Madagascar was my favourite when the album was released, I listened to the album the other day for the first time in ages and I feel the same, epic song.
Revisiting it after a long time I think Maddy, TWAT and TIL are the highlights of the album.

rose22
 Rep: 12 

rose22 wrote:

for the sake of moving foward with this thread, lets assume that all original members are there and accept the honor together. i would love to read everyones opinion on 2 things.........1) who will induct them in? AND 2) again, assuming they play together, what will they play? really want to read what u all think..........thanx

Board footer