You are not logged in. Please register or login.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

Re: Katy Perry

faldor wrote:

I'm glad I'm not alone here on the Katy Perry bandwagon anymore.  Always liked here WAY more that Lady Gaga.  Some of her songs I liked, but even some of her hits I just didn't dig.  I do agree that she's best behind the piano.  If she did more of that, I'd be more of a fan.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:

Yeah man I've been sold on Katy Perry as a really good pop star when she followed up I Kissed a Girl with an even better pop song Hot n'Cold. And her most recent album with Firework, teenage Dream and The one that got a way I think will be lasting pop songs.They have that quality to them.  I'm not sold on Gaga yet at all. her songs actually already sound incredibly dated and I've seen her behind the piano but it comes off dime a dozen if you ask me.

faldor

faldor wrote:

When I first heard "I Kissed a Girl", I thought it was catchy but a bit tacky.  I thought for sure she'd be a one hit wonder and I wanted to hate her.  Then she went on Stern, gave a great interview.  That does wonders for my outlook on people.  If you can go on and do an interview and play along with Howard Stern, who I respect greatly, then you go up many points in my book.  I also never really "looked" at Katy Perry before and realized she wasn't half bad in that department if I do say so.  Then she kept spitting out the hits.  I even added this gem to my repertoire on the jukebox at the bar the other night.  Usually I exclusively play 80's, classic rock, GNR.  But Katy worked her way in there.

[youtube]t5Sd5c4o9UM&ob=av2e[/youtube]

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:

Oddly enough that's the one hit of her's I never cared for. That and I Kissed a Girl. I recognized it's pop appeal but like you I thought it was kinda tacky and cheesy.

My favorites are Firework and The One That Got away. I dig the melodies in them lots

faldor

faldor wrote:

Yeah, I'm surprised I like "ET" because I am no Kanye West fan, but I dig her voice on that tune.  I like the beat too.  Another hip hop type song she's featured in that I really like is "If We Ever Meet Again" by Timbaland.  Also liked "Thinking of You" from her last album.  Nice little ballad.  The only song I didn't really get into of hers that was a semi-hit was "Waking Up In Vegas".  Though I only think I've heard it a few times.  I'm not sure on her latest single that she debuted at the Grammy's.  But again, I only heard it once.  She's not a miracle worker that can make me love a song instantaneously.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

Both, hence the analogy on my part.

Problem with your comparison is Adele already has three hugely popular songs, not just one. And I would argue at least two of those songs are great.

faldor

faldor wrote:

As for Adele, and the 5 year break.  She's disputing that now.

http://www.noise11.com/news/adele-says- … dium=email

Adele Says Retirement Story Is Rubbish

by Music-News.com on February 16, 2012

Adele has come out and acknowledged the cover story in Vogue saying she is quitting the music business as complete rubbish.

Vogue has a story this week claiming Adele is quitting the biz for a five-year career break to work on her relationship and start a family.

The singer has revealed that she is going straight back into the studio following her success at last Sunday’s Grammy Awards.

The Rolling in the Deep star was rumoured to be intending to take an extended break from her stellar music career to focus on her personal life.

But Adele herself joked that her holiday was more likely to be just a few days long.

‘I’ve a few days off now, and then it’s the Brit Awards here at home and then I’m straight into the studio. BOYYAHH! 5 years? More like 5 days!’ she wrote on her official website.

The speculation stemmed from an interview with Vogue magazine that quoted the star as saying she was considering taking a sabbatical.

‘I am f**king off for four or five years. If I am constantly working, my relationships fail. So at least now I can have enough time to write a happy record. And be in love and be happy,’ Adele told the fashion publication.

However, judging by her reaction to her incredible success at the Grammy Awards, Adele doesn’t appear ready to take a break just yet.

The soul sensation described the amazing night she had at the awards ceremony and is over the moon with her success.

‘Oh goodness!! I’m absolutely flabbergasted! In between laughing my head off, welling up, needing to sit down and trying to maintain an open fire (which is pretty much impossible huh!?) I keep having flashbacks to Sunday night. The most incredible night of my life,’ she wrote. ‘Thank you to you all, I am so overwhelmed, it’s the strangest feeling. I have constant butterflies and goosebumps, it’s wearing me out but I LOVE it! I’ve been sleeping a lot but the minute I wake up I burst out laughing and it starts all over again.’

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:
faldor wrote:

As for Adele, and the 5 year break.  She's disputing that now.

Shocker.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

If Adele were smart.. she'd pull a Lauryn Hill and never release another album. No way u top this.

Katy Perry sucks

Thanks

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:
faldor wrote:

When I first heard "I Kissed a Girl", I thought it was catchy but a bit tacky.  I thought for sure she'd be a one hit wonder and I wanted to hate her.  Then she went on Stern, gave a great interview.  That does wonders for my outlook on people.  If you can go on and do an interview and play along with Howard Stern, who I respect greatly, then you go up many points in my book.  I also never really "looked" at Katy Perry before and realized she wasn't half bad in that department if I do say so.  Then she kept spitting out the hits.  I even added this gem to my repertoire on the jukebox at the bar the other night.  Usually I exclusively play 80's, classic rock, GNR.  But Katy worked her way in there.

[youtube]t5Sd5c4o9UM&ob=av2e[/youtube]

All this does is confirm my hate of Kanye. What a fuckin douche.

Why he is so popular just confuses me 18

Board footer