You are not logged in. Please register or login.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

Re: Why Axl Rose and Guns N' Roses Kick Ass in 2012

RussTCB wrote:

removed

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Got to agree.

He's a bad ass vocalist and musician but the X factor with him is the shit ton of charisma he's got going on.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

True! Like I said, despite the lack of talk about new music and what's going to go down in terms with either the Rock Hall or the current lineup, Axl is on fire in terms of singing and stage activity. So are the rest of the band.  He's giving the fans their money's worth. Hoping Bumble feels better soon. That tour looked like it wore him out. It's hard for the mind & body to recover from the experiences he's been through. Sounds like he's not going to leave the band which is great. He's awesome with the fans and he's written music to some of my favorite shows.

Lomax wrote:

Yeah he's in a league of his own

Intercourse
 Rep: 212 

Intercourse wrote:

Slash & Duff and even Matt exude that super cool famous, rich rocker vibe.
Now put all of them on stage together with Mr Izzy in the middle...:mosh:

johndivney wrote:

all this praise merely masks for an evening the stark reasons why axl & GnR do NOT kick ass in 2012.

just saying that while there is positives for sure, things are not great by any stretch of the imagination.

Intercourse
 Rep: 212 

Intercourse wrote:

The new band was given many chances by the diehards, but the level of output and the less than professional way that that output has been delivered really shows that Axl had no huge artistic vision, he just wanted to own GNR, plain and simple. There is nothing on CD that was beyond the old band to play. The end of GNR I was about power, control and money not art.

GNR III will soon be wilting just like GNR II because the boss ain't interested in letting his highly trained and eager musicians do their thing. Believe me, playing somebody else songs for a living is the bottom rung for any pro-musician.

When it comes to GNR Axl values seem to be stacked as follows:
1. Power & Control
2. Money
3. Art

With Power & Control and Number 1, the reunion can't go ahead no matter what money is on the table and a new album is not coming soon because there is currently more money to be made and less hassle to endure touring the current back catalogue.

Lomax wrote:
Intercourse wrote:

The new band was given many chances by the diehards, but the level of output and the less than professional way that that output has been delivered really shows that Axl had no huge artistic vision, he just wanted to own GNR, plain and simple. There is nothing on CD that was beyond the old band to play. The end of GNR I was about power, control and money not art.

GNR III will soon be wilting just like GNR II because the boss ain't interested in letting his highly trained and eager musicians do their thing. Believe me, playing somebody else songs for a living is the bottom rung for any pro-musician.

1. Power & Control
2. Money
3. Art

With Power & Control and Number 1, the reunion can't go ahead no matter what money is on the table and a new album is not coming soon because there is currently more money to be made and less hassle to endure touring the current back catalogue.

Good thing I got you around to supply me with an opinion.

Gibbo
 Rep: 191 

Gibbo wrote:
Intercourse wrote:

1. Power & Control
2. Money
3. Art

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
Riad wrote:
Intercourse wrote:

1. Power & Control
2. Money
3. Art

Good thing I got you around to supply me with an opinion.

Yeah, some of these posts I stop reading after the first sentence.

Board footer