You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Bro-mero
 Rep: 23 

Re: Why Axl Rose and Guns N' Roses Kick Ass in 2012

Bro-mero wrote:
Bono wrote:
misterID wrote:

The thing that gets me is that their are people complaining about the fact there's no new music who didn't even like the new music they just got from the band.

That's a fucking stupid thing to say.  Would be like if U2 released an album I didn't like and then just decided I'll never want to hear new music from them again. I havent' liked The Cure's last two albums and I am always excited for something new from them. Hilarious that you can't comprehend that people who weren't a fan of CD would be excited about the possiblility of new Gn'R music. Like I said it's a stupid comment.

Bono your retarded. People that hated CD but complain about no new music from Gn'R don't deserve new music. Their are some very well done songs on CD and the people that hated on if are ignorant. ID's comment wasn't dumb at all

Bro-mero

Bro-mero wrote:

BTW, you call yourself an "ambassador for forum peace"? Hypocrite

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:
Bono wrote:
misterID wrote:

The thing that gets me is that their are people complaining about the fact there's no new music who didn't even like the new music they just got from the band.

That's a fucking stupid thing to say.  Would be like if U2 released an album I didn't like and then just decided I'll never want to hear new music from them again. I havent' liked The Cure's last two albums and I am always excited for something new from them. Hilarious that you can't comprehend that people who weren't a fan of CD would be excited about the possiblility of new Gn'R music. Like I said it's a stupid comment.

Agreed. For example, I've stuck by Metallica even though they've had bad albums (hello St Anger & Lulu!), and I still look forward to new music by them.

Interesting though, I quite liked CD when it first came out, and just recently I could barely get past half way when I busted it out for a listen the other day.

Lomax wrote:

Yeah,

If he insinuates the tone of the conversation can be kept at a certain level of dignity, it should apply.

Yeah... Like your passive aggression above.... That's dignity for you is it? Passive aggression dressed up as dignity?

metallex78 wrote:

Agreed. For example, I've stuck by Metallica even though they've had bad albums (hello St Anger & Lulu!), and I still look forward to new music by them.

Am I the only person who likes St Anger?  Love it.
Theres a song or two on lulu that's good too. Brandenburg gate !!!

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Sky Dog wrote:

agree Russ.....plus, it is starting to get off topic.

Bro-mero

Bro-mero wrote:
russtcb wrote:

Trust me when I say that I realize how hard it can be to prove your point in these heated discussions without resorting to direct insults, but let's please make the effort.

Calling each other dumb, retarded, etc has never been the way we operate here and that's often helped elevate the level of conversation.

Don't talk down to me like that. The only reason I acted like I did was because Bono thinks he's all high and mighty. If he's going to treat someone else's comment like crap then I have the right to return the favor

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
Bono wrote:
misterID wrote:

We're talking about people who say that he should hang it up, also. Stop using the name. He's lost his voice. Axl has said if you don't like CD you won't like the next album, etc...

Stupid is as stupid does.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

It's actually quite an interesting idea to me you guys have raised...low how many 'faulty' or 'bad' products does something have to have before you move away from a brand and then to what extent does the "bad stuff" ruin your appreciation of the good?

Metalalex's example of metallica is interesting. I know Metallica fans that loved Puppets and Justice and that sound and those people found the black album too rockish, then really disliked load and reload, saw no value in S+M, didn't like St Anger and LuLu is unspeakable. Death Magnetic helped a little, but I think there's a lot of those folks at the end of the rope.

Star wars is an example for me maybe. The original trilogy was fundamental to my child hood, something I considered a work of genius and one of the greatest movie trilogies of all time. Then they made the 3 new ones - which I won't derail the thread with a length exposition of why I don't like them - but lets just say I tried with all my heart to get into the spirit of it and love them - and other than a few fun moments - 95% of the films I disliked. I think it's worse than music too - as they've altered the whole universe and context the story took place in - so even when they don't directly effect the original they sort of do - whereas at least in music - AFD will stand uneffected by a CD3 or a Snakepit5 or whatever. But I must say the starwars stuff really got to a point where my interest in anything else new they make is minimal - and while I love the old films still - it's sort of bittersweet in my mind as they feel sort of defiled by what happened later on to them.

For me this doesn't apply to GNR as I love CD, but I can see for some people it could start to become an issue a few albums in. Although it's probably also relevant I guess that it's fundamentally a different band (aside from Axl) even though it has the same name while the U2 example given is the original line up.

It does interest me overall, how many times of feeling fan-raped by your product makes you quit. I have friends that follow WWE but have hated it for like 5 or 6 years in a row now but hang in there because they've watched for 25 years overall. But sooner or later it's going to need to "improve" (adjust to their liking) or eventually their credit gets too low.

Actually I think that's what it comes down to huh. How much existing credit does a band have.

Board footer