You are not logged in. Please register or login.

TheSundanceKid
 Rep: 30 

Re: Why Axl Rose and Guns N' Roses Kick Ass in 2012

I actually digged some of CD: such as Better, Chinese Democracy, Madagascar, Sorry, IRS, Prostitute and Shackler's Revenge.

This I Love was cringe worthy and too Meat Loaf.

I personally wanted Axl to succeed.

I dig that Robin guested recently, hopefully that = a third coming. 

As I firmly believe DJ Ashba is a step backwards and too contrived and the top hat, hey Slash called he wants it back.

Buckethead and Robin Finck will forever be light years ahead of their replacements.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
Bro-mero wrote:

That being said, people who disliked CD probably aren't going to like anything new as well because were in the "new GnR era". Sorry guys, this isn't 1987

What got me angry is Bono's false sense of Almightyness towards other forum-goers. He comments on ID's post making him sound like a complete jackass when in actuality, ID's comment was very logical.

Saying you don't get how those who didn't like CD would be excited for new music is dumb. It does lack common sense flat out.  Also nobody is saying they want  an AFD redux. That's only the "chiper, uber positive crowd"  because they think that anyone who didn't like CD simply lives in the past.  It's sucha  righteous attitude as though only people who like CD have the ability to evolve when it comes ot their musical tastes. Anyoen who didn't liek CD is a fucking moron who wanst  to rehash AFD over and over again. The fact sme on thsi board actually have that vie won thinsg is hilarious. To not understand that people can like or dislike the album and yet still be interested n hearing something new is unreal. I'm not looking for an AFD redux but if that bullshit justification helps you understand or makes you feel better how some people don't like CD, then by all means live in your dellusional world.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

smoke
 Rep: 77 

smoke wrote:

10-4 on that. But I'd take anything he's willing to put out, obviously.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:
Bono wrote:
Bro-mero wrote:

That being said, people who disliked CD probably aren't going to like anything new as well because were in the "new GnR era". Sorry guys, this isn't 1987

What got me angry is Bono's false sense of Almightyness towards other forum-goers. He comments on ID's post making him sound like a complete jackass when in actuality, ID's comment was very logical.

Saying you don't get how those who didn't like CD would be excited for new music is dumb. It does lack common sense flat out.

not dumb at all. and is loaded in common sense.

common sense = if we are to get more music it'll be from the vault and probably more similar to cd than anything else you'll ever see.

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:

Regardless of anything I wanna hear what's in the vault. Didn't hang around waiting and  speculating for 10 years or so for a measly 13 tracks.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
war wrote:
Bono wrote:
Bro-mero wrote:

Saying you don't get how those who didn't like CD would be excited for new music is dumb. It does lack common sense flat out.

not dumb at all. and is loaded in common sense.

common sense = if we are to get more music it'll be from the vault and probably more similar to cd than anything else you'll ever see.

NO it's fucking stupid to suggest that just because people didn't like CD that they can't be excited to hear what else there is. It's an absolute bullshit statement and it's simply used by negative "positive" people who need to justify in their own minds how anyone could not like CD. In your minds you make it about style of music and not about quality of songs. You make it about evolving musical tastes and anyone who didn't like CD is a  dinosaur who only wants AFD rehash. Junk opinion that lacks any merritt whatsoever.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Wow, that made no sense.

I don't think anyone really cares if someone doesn't like CD. I know I don't. I just find it unusual that people who can be so critical of the new music, to the extent of writing out many, many posts and explanations about why they hate it and why it sucks, and there's something wrong with you (usually called a nut swinger) if you like it, would be interested in more, when Axl has said if you didn't like CD you wouldn't like the next album. You say you are, I can't say you're not. No big deal.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
russtcb wrote:

For my part, I'd rather hear whatever is left in the CD vaults than anything they've written since.

My reasoning on that is this; I love Chinese Democracy and I dislike both Sixx:AM albums.

DJ Ashba is only 1/3 of SixxAM, so I don't think you can use that as an accurate example of what a GNR album with him would sound like.

Though, unlike you, I liked their last album.  Still though, I wouldn't expect the two to sound anywhere near the same.

Board footer