You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Re: RRHoF Discussion (Izzy/Slash/Axl Press Statements)

Bono wrote:
Saudade wrote:

Essentially, this is Axl being a troll. Maybe I'm wrong, but it seems like it.

Nothing could be more true.  Still taking shots at fans, still writing letters that say absolutely nothing. Still making excuses, still "the world is out to get me", still acting as though he's doing something relevent with his new band, still projecting an condescending tone of he's the one with integrity while all others lack it. Here he is trying to make us believe he just doesn't know enough about the RRHOF to make an informed decision. Either he's the world's biggest idiot or he thinks we are. Being uneducated about the RRHOF has NOTHING to do with why he didn't show up and given the lengths he's gone to to understand what the RRHOF means and he still doesn't understand it..... not all that bright is he.

Also he's thanking everyone for the overwhelming positive repsonse and support to his decision? yeah that wasn't coming from the online community who reads his "letters" It had to be from people behind the scenes so why is he addressing the fans online as though the overwhelming reponse has been positive when it clearly hasn't been.

"it gets old being  being the outlaw" Boo fucking hoo. Do something about it then. My god this guy is a clown. All he had to do was show up accept the induction,  thank the fans and go home. Instead he acts like a 6 year old child and then does his best to paint a "poor me I hope everyone forgives me" picture.  Like Madagas said it's INSANE!!!!!

Untill this guy actually tells his side of the story and stops blowing smoke up everyone's ass he's gonna get shit on and rightfully so. When you sit back and cry how hard done by you've been and yet never say specifically how you've been wronged you come off like a  complete bitch and THAT is why people are sick of and hate Axl Rose. When it's everybody elses fault yet no fault is ever cited then you're gonna get shit on. Axl needs to shut the fuck up or tell hsi story without all the bullshit.

Bono

Bono wrote:
russtcb wrote:

Pretty much everyone I know outside of these boards has been positive about Axl's letter. For proof of that, one only need ask several of the members here who are on my fb page where they can see "real people" comments lol

Hilarious considering I don't know a single person outside these boards who has anything positive to say about Axl or his letter. he's looked at as a total douche by the general public and his decision and letter did NOT go over well with the majority of people. Don't even begin to deny that, it makes you look naive.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

I would say less than 20% of "fans" (people bothering to comment on matters GNR) had a positive reaction to him attending. Probably less. But I've seen certain sites, smaller ones,  where it's a positive majority.

No idea what he tries to play at. Hope he's not cracking.

Bono

Bono wrote:
russtcb wrote:
Bono wrote:
russtcb wrote:

Pretty much everyone I know outside of these boards has been positive about Axl's letter. For proof of that, one only need ask several of the members here who are on my fb page where they can see "real people" comments lol

Hilarious considering I don't know a single person outside these boards who has anything positive to say about Axl or his letter. he's looked at as a total douche by the general public and his decision and letter did NOT go over well with the majority of people. Don't even begin to deny that, it makes you look naive.

Once more; those from this board that are on my facebook can confirm.

. How many times have my "real life" examples been said to be invalid yet your example of your facebook friends confirm the public's overwhelming response to Axl's letter was positive?  Seriously dude are you on Guns payroll now or what? You sound more and more like Jarmo every passing day. If you're gonna sit here and say with a  straight face that the general response to Axl and his letter has been positive you've clearly lost your mind and have no ounce of objectivity left in you. NONE!

Ali
 Rep: 41 

Ali wrote:

One thing to note is that the letter is preface with "everyone who's shown support for my decision regarding the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame".

Having said that, I don't think Axl is saying that the general response has been positive given that he's addressing this to those that have shown support specifically.  I think it's more likely that he's saying that there has been a surprisingly strong positive response from those that have been supportive.  At least, that's my interpretation given the "To" line.

Ali

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

what he's saying, bono, is one facebook your true identity is known making your comments more honest.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:
Ali wrote:

One thing to note is that the letter is preface with "everyone who's shown support for my decision regarding the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame".

Having said that, I don't think Axl is saying that the general response has been positive given that he's addressing this to those that have shown support specifically.  I think it's more likely that he's saying that there has been a surprisingly strong positive response from those that have been supportive.  At least, that's my interpretation given the "To" line.

Ali

maybe ali, but either way, he's not saying the sum of all responses have been predominately positive. he's saying he was expecting less positivity than he received.

Bono

Bono wrote:
russtcb wrote:

Nope, not on Guns payroll, I can just see things from a different perspective than. For more than a little bit of objectivity, see all of my thoughts on current GN'R guitarist DJ Ashba.

Also, I never said "Overwhelming response" has been positive, not did I only use fb as an example. I went ahead and backed my argument up with several sources which is something you never seem to understand.

I back my argument with common sense. Something you clearly lack. The fact you'll sit on this site and do your best to spin this as though Axl's letter was met with huge positivity is hilarious.  For an example of lack of objectivuty, see your belief that Dizzy refused to attend due to the cost per plate.

Board footer