You are not logged in. Please register or login.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

Re: RRHoF Discussion (Izzy/Slash/Axl Press Statements)

polluxlm wrote:
Ali wrote:

One thing to note is that the letter is preface with "everyone who's shown support for my decision regarding the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame".

Having said that, I don't think Axl is saying that the general response has been positive given that he's addressing this to those that have shown support specifically.  I think it's more likely that he's saying that there has been a surprisingly strong positive response from those that have been supportive.  At least, that's my interpretation given the "To" line.

Ali

Yeah, but to the majority reading it (general public) he just comes off as if he's lost it.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
russtcb wrote:
Bono wrote:
russtcb wrote:

Pretty much everyone I know outside of these boards has been positive about Axl's letter. For proof of that, one only need ask several of the members here who are on my fb page where they can see "real people" comments lol

Hilarious considering I don't know a single person outside these boards who has anything positive to say about Axl or his letter. he's looked at as a total douche by the general public and his decision and letter did NOT go over well with the majority of people. Don't even begin to deny that, it makes you look naive.

Once more; those from this board that are on my facebook can confirm.

Confirmed.  Having said that, it's logical that many people he's friends with know how he feels and laid off commenting (like me tongue ).

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Ali
 Rep: 41 

Ali wrote:
war wrote:
Ali wrote:

One thing to note is that the letter is preface with "everyone who's shown support for my decision regarding the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame".

Having said that, I don't think Axl is saying that the general response has been positive given that he's addressing this to those that have shown support specifically.  I think it's more likely that he's saying that there has been a surprisingly strong positive response from those that have been supportive.  At least, that's my interpretation given the "To" line.

Ali

maybe ali, but either way, he's not saying the sum of all responses have been predominately positive. he's saying he was expecting less positivity than he received.

Yeah, I think that's good way of putting it.  Well said.  A very sensible interpretation 22

Ali

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

russ message me your facebook info - if that's alright with you, ofcourse.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

I seriously didn't plan on or expect the overwhelmingly positive response and public support for my decision regarding the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame. With such a generous outpouring of solidarity from fans, media outlets, writers and other artists, I'm truly humbled, blown away and unbelievably relieved!

What the hell is he talking about? He's being ripped by the fans.

He's talking about me, dude! 16

WARose
 Rep: 26 

WARose wrote:
Bono wrote:

Like Madagas said it's INSANE!!!!!

exactly what i was thinking, when i saw this on facebook. i couldn`t believe my eyes! the fact that axl truly believes his letter was met with a "overwhelmingly positive response" shows how out of touch with reality he really is.

Naltav
 Rep: 70 

Naltav wrote:
russtcb wrote:
Bono wrote:
russtcb wrote:

Nope, not on Guns payroll, I can just see things from a different perspective than. For more than a little bit of objectivity, see all of my thoughts on current GN'R guitarist DJ Ashba.

Also, I never said "Overwhelming response" has been positive, not did I only use fb as an example. I went ahead and backed my argument up with several sources which is something you never seem to understand.

I back my argument with common sense. Something you clearly lack. The fact you'll sit on this site and do your best to spin this as though Axl's letter was met with huge positivity is hilarious.  For an example of lack of objectivuty, see your belief that Dizzy refused to attend due to the cost per plate.

I brought up the Dizzy complaint about pricing because Dizzy himself did. I don't know why Dizzy didn't didn't go to the Rock Hall ceremony, nor do I care because I wasn't all that interested in it.

Like I said before. My bet is that within a short while, this whole RRHOF-thingy is gonna be forgotten (as far as the avarage Joe is conserned). I mean, fuck, if the RHCP came to my town, I'd buy a ticket in a heartbeat! And I wouldn't know jack shit that they were just inducted into this RRHOF.

THAT'S the reality of the situation!

Sure some of you die-hard-reunion fans are gonna be still pissed about the "Velvet Revolver feat. Adler/Myles"-performance on this private club going on in Ohio(!). But in a few weeks, GNR is starting a summer tour of Europe with sold out gigs! The RRHOF is NOT the Oscars of the music business! It just isn't! Just because a private company labels something the THE HALL OF FAME, doesn't really mean anything! The RRHOF wanted a specific thing to happen this weekend, they didn't get it! And I'm sure they're gonna suffer financially, because they are not gonna get the licence to air GNR-songs on TV (which is prolly why they played LIVE-clips from MTV during the show. At least that's what I heard) Boo-hoo! NEXT!

Mostly, I've stayed away from this discussion, because it doesen't mean anything to me.

Sure, label me as a nutswinger or whatever "original" thought passes through your brain. The pages here on this topic in the last couple of weeks has been a "last chance" for certain fans to see their wish come true. It didn't! And now you're angry! Or sad. I get that! But for some of you, maybe the time has finally come to either get on the bus, or.... Well you know. It's not a happy ending. But this is what you got.
And if the next album or tour DO suffer as a result of an "insult to the fans" and the band goes downhill from here on and we never hear from Axl again, then THAT'S what happens.

My life still goes on, and so does a lot of people's lives......

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

I thought he brought up some pretty good questions and thoughts about what the Hall exactly is and what goes into it. 

And honestly, I too was surprised at the support he was given out of the gate from the likes of Eddie Trunk, MTV.com, etc.  I didn't really expect anyone to have his back, but there were those that did.  Now I'm not about to deny that the Dee Snider's didn't agree with him one bit and that there were and are many who think he's an even bigger dick than they originally did.  Maybe Axl has tuned those people out and is only focusing on the positives.  Hell, if he listened to those who have been ripping him for the past 14 years I'm sure he would've done things a little differently.  Fact is, he doesn't care.  He's going to do what he wants to do.  Deal with that as you may.

I do agree though, this is another case of Axl saying a lot without saying much at all.  And I still wish he would have extended his congratulations to his ex-bandmates.  I don't think that's too much to ask.

Board footer