You are not logged in. Please register or login.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

Re: RRHoF Discussion (Izzy/Slash/Axl Press Statements)

monkeychow wrote:

I think Axlin is onto something about the "Axl as Heel" idea though.

The general public thinks Axl is a dick, but one thing the public loves is consistency

I recon had they reunited and the headline picture was Axl and Slash hugging you'd still get the posts on Facebook going "who cares? - they had one good album and Axl is an asshole".

I know when I told my non GNR friends a couple of them asked "ohh what happened" and they were pleased to discover Axl was still an asshole and fucked up his own admission....

It's sort of like how it's cool when darth vader or jason kills someone at this point...he's like an anti hero.

I think there's real anger from people that he wont play with Slash, but if he did, and was still a dick, people would kinda enjoy the spirt of it anyway.

killingvector
 Rep: 21 

Naltav wrote:
russtcb wrote:
Bono wrote:

I back my argument with common sense. Something you clearly lack. The fact you'll sit on this site and do your best to spin this as though Axl's letter was met with huge positivity is hilarious.  For an example of lack of objectivuty, see your belief that Dizzy refused to attend due to the cost per plate.

I brought up the Dizzy complaint about pricing because Dizzy himself did. I don't know why Dizzy didn't didn't go to the Rock Hall ceremony, nor do I care because I wasn't all that interested in it.

Like I said before. My bet is that within a short while, this whole RRHOF-thingy is gonna be forgotten (as far as the avarage Joe is conserned). I mean, fuck, if the RHCP came to my town, I'd buy a ticket in a heartbeat! And I wouldn't know jack shit that they were just inducted into this RRHOF.

THAT'S the reality of the situation!

Sure some of you die-hard-reunion fans are gonna be still pissed about the "Velvet Revolver feat. Adler/Myles"-performance on this private club going on in Ohio(!). But in a few weeks, GNR is starting a summer tour of Europe with sold out gigs! The RRHOF is NOT the Oscars of the music business! It just isn't! Just because a private company labels something the THE HALL OF FAME, doesn't really mean anything! The RRHOF wanted a specific thing to happen this weekend, they didn't get it! And I'm sure they're gonna suffer financially, because they are not gonna get the licence to air GNR-songs on TV (which is prolly why they played LIVE-clips from MTV during the show. At least that's what I heard) Boo-hoo! NEXT!

Mostly, I've stayed away from this discussion, because it doesen't mean anything to me.

Sure, label me as a nutswinger or whatever "original" thought passes through your brain. The pages here on this topic in the last couple of weeks has been a "last chance" for certain fans to see their wish come true. It didn't! And now you're angry! Or sad. I get that! But for some of you, maybe the time has finally come to either get on the bus, or.... Well you know. It's not a happy ending. But this is what you got.
And if the next album or tour DO suffer as a result of an "insult to the fans" and the band goes downhill from here on and we never hear from Axl again, then THAT'S what happens.

My life still goes on, and so does a lot of people's lives......

Well said, sir.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

WOW

That letter showed just how of touch he is.

Having said that.. water under the bridge. fuck it... let's move on

johndivney wrote:
faldor wrote:

I thought he brought up some pretty good questions and thoughts about what the Hall exactly is and what goes into it.

I do agree though, this is another case of Axl saying a lot without saying much at all.

do you also not have to question his motives for these two letters, specifically the timing of them?

like, why didn't he raise his objections & explain his non-attendance earlier? why wait til 3 days before & now after the fact?
i know it's mere speculation, but his timing, to me, was peculiar.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

For max effect in the press and to ensure the other guys can't make any definite plans until the eve of it. If we are to believe Slash, Myles was an 11th hour addition.

Alternatively, that's how long it took for the negotiations with the HOF to finally break down.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

I think Axlin is onto something about the "Axl as Heel" idea though.

The general public thinks Axl is a dick, but one thing the public loves is consistency

I recon had they reunited and the headline picture was Axl and Slash hugging you'd still get the posts on Facebook going "who cares? - they had one good album and Axl is an asshole".

I know when I told my non GNR friends a couple of them asked "ohh what happened" and they were pleased to discover Axl was still an asshole and fucked up his own admission....

It's sort of like how it's cool when darth vader or jason kills someone at this point...he's like an anti hero.

I think there's real anger from people that he wont play with Slash, but if he did, and was still a dick, people would kinda enjoy the spirt of it anyway.

Totally agree.

Axl's just playing up his heel persona.

This is a CONSCIOUS ACT.

Axl is being smart ass, and twisting the "overwhelming NEGATIVE" (this much is just plain as day), but twisting it around and making it about him, being passive aggressive, into "overwhelmingly Positive".

Axl might as well be Vince McMahon holding the WWF Title, talking about how he kicked Austin's ass for the title and beat him 1, 2, 3, fair and square, all smiles, while the audience boos and throws shit at him.

The strange thing of it all... Axl is playing his own hardcore fans against themselves.

Honestly?

I think it's fucking brilliance. The man actually found a way to make HIM work. Now all the sudden i'm back into this, popcorn popping.

If Axl was really cool, he'd demand everyone at HTGTH start referring to him as "Mr. Rose"

That'd be awesome. Axl's little snarky media comments, but with levity also shows he's playing their game against them.

New GN'R is the equivalent of The Corporation. Axl is now officially an anti-hero with this incident.

Gibbo
 Rep: 191 

Gibbo wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:
war wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

What the hell is he talking about? He's being ripped by the fans.

well, in general a negative person will complain in the easiest way possible.
someone with an attempt to reach out to axl in this situation may pick up the phone or send an email or message via website, etc. you wouldn't hear about those. the supporters may also go unnoticed because everyone is a hard ass online. having said that, i am sure the overwhelming majority stance is the obvious one.

Jarmo cleared HTGTH then Beta let Axl take a look at the 'fans' comments'.

lol He must`nt look on facebook or You tube is this letter for real 14

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

I dunno, I think Axl's genuinely trying to explain himself. He doesn't quite get what the Hall of Fame is, or why it's important. I'm inclined to agree with him; the whole thing is a PR exercise for the self-aggrandizing guys behind it.

Though ultimately I suspect the whole thing was doomed the moment Izzy decided not to show up. Once he backed out, it ceased to be about the AFD crew alone. Gilby was the "obvious" fill-in guy, and once he stepped on board you have Sorum and Dizzy being entitled to turn up. And once THAT happens, Axl starts wondering why the cut-off point is The Spaghetti Incident? and why the current incarnation of GN'R isn't entitled to be a part of the show.

I think Axl was probably up for showing up if the hall was inducting the AFD guys only, because that wouldn't reflect badly on his current project. But once you start talking about different lineups, you have a problem.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

johndivney wrote:

my point is, why didn't he voice his concerns earlier in the process??

i can't believe what he says because of the way he has said it.

Board footer