You are not logged in. Please register or login.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

Re: Axl, about that RRHOF...

monkeychow wrote:

Like most others I'm more interested in recordings than shows.

Since my father died young like 8 years ago I've been acutely aware that like we're really lucky to have the key players alive. Also stuff like bumble's accident. Sorry to be morbid...but sometimes you sort of realise how fragile life is and how there's not always another day to do what you postpone.

I view the music as a type of art that will be kept for years and years just as people now still enjoy mozart etc, so most important to me is what is composed.

Unfortunately, with any line up, it's likely to be least priority. The money in the industry these days is in merch and live, so any GNR line up is likely to be focused around touring just because that's how all bands stay afloat these days, likewise, in the event of any reunion with Slash...it's no secret that he's not the biggest fan of the studio and pretty much lives to tour and play live.

So i guess for me, I'd take CD2 over an albumless tour-only reunion (as cool as that would be anyway), but I guess on an album by album basis I'd probably prefer a reunited album to a new band album - no disrespect to the new band - just the old line up is what I grew up with - and I think Axl n Slash have a once in a generation type chemistry that it's a shame to waste.

But I'd like to put in the disclaimer that it's only worth doing if the heart is in it. Like if they can communicate enough to want to work together and can creatively inspire each other. No one wants a by the numbers GNR album...we want the kind of stuff that only GNR could have done...there isn't another band that would have made coma or estranged like they were...if we could return to that kind of magic...but who knows if we can.

That said, I loved CD, and like all Axl's music, so I'd be more than excited to support any album he releases, just as I pick up every slash album with glee too.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

bobo
 Rep: -7 

bobo wrote:

okay, russtcb. then bring on the reunion that'll never happen at the rock n roll hall of fame. okay? bring on slash. duff. izzy. steven. matt sorum. bring on your buddies. your idols. bring back the past. bring back appetite for destruction. bring back 80's gunners for the rock n roll hall of fame. oh yeah!

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

At least just bury the hatchet. maybe Slash can play here n there like Duff did etc.

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

I want to select both option 1 & 3.

I also agree with pretty much everything Monkeychow said.  The biggest tragedy of this whole thing is the volume of work (or lack of) that currently exists from Axl.  He is a very unique and talented singer yet we have only a very small quantity of officially released material from him.  He has a great gift which I wish he would share more liberally. 

As a result I will take new music above almost anything else.  Whether that be new music from the current lineup or the original.

I also agree with Monkey on the uniqueness of the Axl/Slash duo.  That is a once in a generation type of chemistry those guys have.  It's disappointing to think how much quality music has been left on the table due to their falling out.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

well thing with Axl and Slash... its like their tones perfectly intertwine.

CD has great guitar solos but the guitarists tones just don't intertwine or accent his vocal stone well.

same with singers Slash has used.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Personally I choose Babystep and pose with Slash. Let's see this celebration go out with a high note with smiles. If it comes to Axl & Slash getting in a room together and speaking then that would be great. They could maybe become better people and "friends" out of this scenario. Who knows? I highly doubt a performance is going to come out of this; but just have most of them talking again would be just fine. Last minute spur of the moment jam could be a rare possibility.  Separate speeches or rants may go on during the induction ceremony. xD As for new music, I do hope Axl releases the stuff in the vaults one day in next few years and then moves forward with either the current band or a reunion lineup. I would love to see an album with Bumble and DJ's riffs and ideas with the rest of the guys. Only a few weeks to go till the induction.

otto
 Rep: 83 

otto wrote:

Every passing day I'm more confident something that will make us all jump ship is going to happen and GNR brand will be dead, so Axl can move on peacefully.

I'm thinking something like Blondie but on acid,ike Adler begging, Axl ignoring, Slash trying to shut Adler up, then Izzy takes Adler side, like "leave him be man!" and obscenities flying...

I think we'll all be ashameful of what's going to go down...

And, unfortunately, I mean it.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Reunite

CD II

or Fuck off

In other words, Axl needs to man up and own the GN'R brand name and make it his own with the new band YESTERDAY.

Or the complete opposite

No pictures with Slash and shake hands... fuck that. Completely bury the hatchet with Slash in Cleveland, leave that new band shit in the rearview and move forward with the reunion.

Board footer