You are not logged in. Please register or login.

killingvector
 Rep: 21 

Re: Hall of Fame Videos

Axl's original statement had all of Slash's supposed comments aout his VR band members, this statement was quickly revoked and a revised statement put out with this final section removed.

My view of that was more of an act of sanity on someone's behalf. A lot of that material was extremely personal and catty. I think that section turned the statement against Axl instead of calling Slash out on his baloney.

Intercourse
 Rep: 212 

Intercourse wrote:

My view of that was more of an act of sanity on someone's behalf. A lot of that material was extremely personal and catty. I think that section turned the statement against Axl instead of calling Slash out on his baloney.

Totally correct and this is why I don't belive Axl has a reason to hate Slash more than any of the others who were in the band. He is a catty and personal enemy. He would have put it all out there long ago. He would do anything to bring Slash's public persona down. God knows his own has suffered when the public get to pick who they prefer.

Go back over his journey with Izzy. Izzy let him have it after he left GNR saying Axl was a dictator and was not that smart. That got fixed.

Duff said the same stuff as Slash and sued Axl with Slash..all fixed.

Matt dug into him after he left GNR...all fixed over a drink in New York a few years ago.

Stephen shared a $3000 bottle of Tequila and dinner with Axl a couple of years back..as fixed as it can be,:laugh:

Only Slash is left. Yet..what is there to fix that is so much worse than anything the others have said or done?

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
Intercourse wrote:

Totally correct and this is why I don't belive Axl has a reason to hate Slash more than any of the others who were in the band. He is a catty and personal enemy. He would have put it all out there long ago. He would do anything to bring Slash's public persona down. God knows his own has suffered when the public get to pick who they prefer.

Go back over his journey with Izzy. Izzy let him have it after he left GNR saying Axl was a dictator and was not that smart. That got fixed.

Matt dug into him after he left GNR...all fixed over a drink in New York a few years ago.

Stephen shared a $3000 bottle of Tequila and dinner with Axl a couple of years back..as fixed as it can be,:laugh:

Only Slash is left. Yet..what is there to fix that is so much worse than anything the others have said or done?

They probably all apologized on some level.   neutral

Maybe not.  Izzy probably did.

I'd also argue that "fixed" might be oversimplifying it.  I don't think the other rifts meant much to him.  It's not like he was going to invite Steven or Matt to play with him.

I think none of them were viewed as threats to Axl, especially 20 years ago.  He was a threat then, and now he's surpassed him in some ways from a success standpoint.  Add to that the general public sees Slash as this loveable character (while he's not quite that loveable behind the scenes) and blames Axl for everything, and I get why it would bother Axl.  Not to this extent, but I can see it bothering anybody to some extent. 

See Lennon/McCartney for an example...only difference is that they managed to remain somewhat civil (SNL offer night for example).

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

otto
 Rep: 83 

otto wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

I think none of them were viewed as threats to Axl, especially 20 years ago.  He was a threat then, and now he's surpassed him in some ways from a success standpoint.  Add to that the general public sees Slash as this loveable character (while he's not quite that loveable behind the scenes) and blames Axl for everything, and I get why it would bother Axl.

This deserves an array of positive karma.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

otto
 Rep: 83 

otto wrote:

I liked the way he even picked on Axl saying how looking at the past was a way to move forward, and that day was this.

Thought it was classy. And correct.

Gibbo
 Rep: 191 

Gibbo wrote:

[youtube]5GJLOJ1dUUQ&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
Axlin12 wrote:

As for the HOF show, I also want to give major props to someone who is being overlooked here -- Gilby Clarke. VERY cool of Gilby to just kinda drop in, keep a low-profile and fill-in for Izzy, the way it should be.

Gilby's appearence was almost a 'wink' to the diehard old Gunner, and a very nice touch. I know it was "just another version", but I can tell you this...

I will listen to Myles, Slash, Gilby, Duff & Steven AN-Y-TIME. They sounded amazing together. A VERY good combo of guys. And very much the spirit of Guns N' Roses.

Kudos to them all. They did a great job.

Really good point on Gilby.  Myles is getting praise for saving the day, and deservedly so.  But Gilby could've scoffed at the idea of performing while NOT being inducted.  Maybe he should get an honorary induction just for showing up and performing.  In the end, it couldn't have gone any better sans Axl and Izzy.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
Intercourse wrote:

They probably all apologized on some level.   neutral

Maybe not.  Izzy probably did.

I'd also argue that "fixed" might be oversimplifying it.  I don't think the other rifts meant much to him.  It's not like he was going to invite Steven or Matt to play with him.

I think none of them were viewed as threats to Axl, especially 20 years ago.  He was a threat then, and now he's surpassed him in some ways from a success standpoint.  Add to that the general public sees Slash as this loveable character (while he's not quite that loveable behind the scenes) and blames Axl for everything, and I get why it would bother Axl.  Not to this extent, but I can see it bothering anybody to some extent. 

See Lennon/McCartney for an example...only difference is that they managed to remain somewhat civil (SNL offer night for example).

Well said Buzz.  That's how I read it too.  Everyone loves Slash, and everyone hates Axl in a nutshell.  That could be hard to get over for Axl, especially when he doesn't share the views that people have of Slash.  And most importantly Slash has become a Guitar God that is respected worldwide.  As great a guy and a musician as Duff is, he's nowhere near the level of a Slash or an Axl in the public eye, so he's not seen as much of a "threat".

Board footer