You are not logged in. Please register or login.

ninic
 Rep: -4 

Re: Hall of Fame Videos

ninic wrote:
Intercourse wrote:

Guys..there is no huge scandal behind the Slash Axl rift. Please let that one go.

Beta or Fernando would have blabbed that all over the media by now. They couldn't keep that kind of shit to themselves and would jump on any opportunity to rubbish Slash. If Slash really did something that bad, why would all the old guys still be his friend?

Some dude was quoted recently here that  Axl was telling a gathering of musicians that he hates Slash because he tried to take over GNR and messed with his creativity. The word 'obsessed' was mentioned.

No mention of fucking anyone's girlfriend was made or even alluded to.

What Axl won't acknowledge is that his obsession with Slash has blocked his own creativity. Once again he's trying to blame others for his own failings.

Slash called Axl out on being a dick for taking GNR.
The only way Axl could bury that accusation was to release an album of music so good that the world would look to Axl and say "you were right to take the band from the old guys, this music is SOOOOO much better".

Problem was, this level of pressure he put on himself created such a huge fear of failure that it took him 15 years to have the balls to take on the GNR legacy with CD and even then the album was ripped from his hands and forced to market.

He blames Slash for the near impossible task he ended up with - bettering AFD and the UYIs... the fact is that this was his own doing. He realised that his ego was writing checks his talent couldn't cash.

Please remember that Slash did go to Axl's house to try to sort things out only to be rebuffed and subsequently shit upon in a public message from Axl that was revoked and changed but designed to inflict the most damage on the guy.
That is not an honorable way to live your life.

Slash is not some evil genius, he's just a nice bloke/dodgy junkie who wrote blues guitar.
Axl is not some hugely wronged and tragic individual by the same token. He's a manic obsessive whose talent and paranoia have worked for and against each other with spectacular and pathetic results in equal measure.

This is not Watergate, its just a rock n roll band who lost perspective.

I've been lurking here for a hot minute lol, but I'm glad the freak show is over.  I must say it's funny how some show their colors and and still expect all these years, for Axl to do whatever THEY want him to do.  Whether one agrees with it or not I still respect the decision and won't  call him a little "this or that" (i.e. loser, coward, p*ssy, among other jabs lmao) just cause he didn't do what I as a complete STRANGER wanted him to do.

And to intercourse, maybe Axl feels the same way about he others always dishing on him and  whatever he did whenever/whatever. The "not honorable way to live your life part" who the hell are you to tell some one how to live THEIR lives, even if it is Axl's ?   If anything if I hadn't spoken to someone in I dunno how long and they came up to my house unnanounced and not sober then I'm thinking like, "really man lol!"  If you can't come correct to me in an un inebriated manner and sit down man to man or woman to woman and need to be be high/drunk or whatever in order to just wanna "talk" to me then it's not the other mother f*cker whom you're trying to talk to who has the problem it's YOU.  That said Axl or Beta or whomever was a little too thirsty by running to tell folks that Slash said this or that while he was over there.

And another thing "trying to make everyone forget old GNR" what is with folks with that ignorant statement?  So you really think that Axl is trying or wants to do THAT?  Hell in that case we might as well forget about his ass as well, since he was apart of old GNR.   That also means he is trying to get folks to believe that the new band had something to do with their intial success/or that folks won't ever stop wanting a reunion, or that folks should stop caring about the old members, then in that case he still wouldn't have talked to any of the old members after 1990s. So you don't think he knows that already, that some folks will never see this band as GNR period, new/old or whatever?

I mean some of the "fans" really needs to get over feelings hurt about the HOF and Axl's antics already cause some of you are starting to believe ANYTHING about him at this point.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

Great, another person that thinks he gets to decide what a "fan" of GnR is.  Welcome #3,847,591,956...I hope you enjoy your stay!

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

Axl's problem is.. he has a perception from people that he is a selfish prick/asshole who only cares about himself.

Showing up hours late to concerts and then no showing this only gives more ammo to those perceptions.

its like, sometimes, u have to realize something is BIGGER than u, and just do something u don't want to for the people who helped make u.

Axl built up so much momentum and good will with fans to the point, no one was even screaming about Slash or anything. but now.. i have a feeling, this will set him back a little bit.

sure he will win people back over.. but he def dug another hole he had completely came out of.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:
gibbo wrote:

who were the two fat black guys taking over??

that made me uncomfortable for some reason. LOL

Intercourse
 Rep: 212 

Intercourse wrote:

The "not honorable way to live your life part" who the hell are you to tell some one how to live THEIR lives, even if it is Axl's ?

Hmmm..cool your jets there bub. I never told Axl anything. I just think that releasing that statement to the press about a private attempt to make peace is dishonorable. I'm not telling anybody anything, just expressing an opinion because we are in a forum.

and..oh look...

That said Axl or Beta or whomever was a little too thirsty by running to tell folks that Slash said this or that while he was over there.

you seem to be agreeing with me.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
russtcb wrote:
war wrote:
Saboteur wrote:

after watching clips from RRHOF. I agree 100% with a comment posted on youtube.

"This event has served to show the world a couple of things:
• How bad Axl has become as a performer
• How bad his "Guns N' Roses" band is in front of these guys
• How disrespectful for the fans and egomaniac Axl is, when he must have been there and at least say "thank you for make me a millionaire with the music this lineup created".
• That this guys are simply irreplaceable.
• What a good frontman and vocalist Myles is. Superb!"

yes, i too disagree with just about all of this....if axl was so inept as a performer and so helpless without the old band people on the boards and online adn at the rrhof performance wouldn't be so upset with him.

i agree that the original lineup is where it's at but not just for axl for slash, and duff, etc.

both sides can be relatively successful without each other but magic can only happen together.

myles can't hold a flame to axl as a front man or vocalist.

Disagree with all points as well. In the end it seems that people are going to see and hear what they want to with respect to Guns N' Roses.

You know we all give Axl hell (not Russ.... j/k), but that's the thing I love about this board, and the thing that never changes. We can give the guy HONEST shit, but then turn around and praise Caesar in the same breath. It is EXCLUSIVE to Evo, and nowhere else in GN'R fandom.

I pretty much disagree with most of it also.

1. Axl might not be on top of his game right now, even sliding from 2010 Axl. But he is NOT a bad performer, I can attest to this in person. He's still one of the great showmen and rock frontmen of all time.

2. Axl's GN'R is NOT bad. As a backing band, i'd rather have Slash, Gilby, Duff, & Steven/Matt just for the 'sound' and 'feel' being more accurately duplicated to the traditional GN'R sound, but Axl's GN'R are INSANELY talented, and VERY good.

3. This one I agree with. Axl is egomaniacal and was an asshole to his fans completely for bailing on this in his grandstanding, ME-first attitude.

4. Ehh, yes and no. Slash has never really been truely replaced (let's all be honest, and leave the fanboy shit at the door). Izzy has never been replaced either, even Axl would agree. But Duff & Steven... yeah, they've been replaced, and successfully. Tommy is on an even keel with Duff imo, as they seem to be the same exact guy with the same background, except Duff's a Seattle blonde and Tommy is a mid-west brunette is about the only difference. Frank Ferrer is the best drummer they've ever had. Steven's feel and attitude, with more technical proficiency.

5. No. Myles does sing SOME songs better than Axl today, such as Sweet Child O' Mine (Myles SMOKES Axl's ASS on SCOM). But I still prefer Axl elsewhere. Specifically Axl Rose crushes Myles on Civil War, Rocket Queen, especially Jungle, Brownstone, and usually Nightrain. Axl also is better on My Michelle and some of the other off-songs Myles sings from GN'R.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Great, another person that thinks he gets to decide what a "fan" of GnR is.  Welcome #3,847,591,956...I hope you enjoy your stay!

No they're not new.

It's just paxcow has returned. That's all. Diehard Axl fanatic.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

Buckethead replaced him. He could also function in the role of Izzy. Biggest mistake Axl ever made was not being able to keep him around.

Whether Bumble can do that justice remains to be seen, but I doubt his songwriting ability is any place near that of either BH or Izzy. DJ is meh, I'd be surprised seeing him reach the heights of Finck.

I think we're likely to see a follow up composed mainly of the stuff made by the 2000 band. What worries me is if Axl doesn't feel the new guys are up to it we could be in for another long haul.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:
ninic wrote:

I've been lurking here for a hot minute lol, but I'm glad the freak show is over.  I must say it's funny how some show their colors and and still expect all these years, for Axl to do whatever THEY want him to do.

"Show their colors"

OMG what a lame ass statement. Only an absolute hardcore Axlite thinking this is some sort of 'war' would make a statement like that.

"True colors"

Like were all Slash fans secretly trying to bring Axl down. What is it, 2002?

I thought this shit was settled years ago.

ninic wrote:

Whether one agrees with it or not I still respect the decision and won't  call him a little "this or that" (i.e. loser, coward, p*ssy, among other jabs lmao) just cause he didn't do what I as a complete STRANGER wanted him to do.

roll

So long time fans, equating to MILLIONS across the world, are strangers. That or... paying customers. But that's okay, let's play the tired "Axl Rose doesn't owe you" card.

Let's not take into account that Axl SAID he'd be there, and then renigged literally within days of the event.

He pussed out, plain and simple. And if he's got a problem with that, whenever he thinks he's ready, he can call me up.

ninic wrote:

And to intercourse, maybe Axl feels the same way about he others always dishing on him and  whatever he did whenever/whatever. The "not honorable way to live your life part" who the hell are you to tell some one how to live THEIR lives, even if it is Axl's ?

Because Axl is making money off of other people's work and name sake puts him in a special clause of "answering for his actions".

It's what I like to call The GN'R Fan Anti-Trust Protection

ninic wrote:

If anything if I hadn't spoken to someone in I dunno how long and they came up to my house unnanounced and not sober then I'm thinking like, "really man lol!"  If you can't come correct to me in an un inebriated manner and sit down man to man or woman to woman and need to be be high/drunk or whatever in order to just wanna "talk" to me then it's not the other mother f*cker whom you're trying to talk to who has the problem it's YOU.  That said Axl or Beta or whomever was a little too thirsty by running to tell folks that Slash said this or that while he was over there.

Yeah Slash was a pussy drunk then, and a liar. I agree.

But I thought Axl said no to the Hall because he was some bad ass rocker turning down the Hall?

So it IS about the old band members.

ninic wrote:

And another thing "trying to make everyone forget old GNR" what is with folks with that ignorant statement?  So you really think that Axl is trying or wants to do THAT?  Hell in that case we might as well forget about his ass as well, since he was apart of old GNR.   That also means he is trying to get folks to believe that the new band had something to do with their intial success/or that folks won't ever stop wanting a reunion, or that folks should stop caring about the old members, then in that case he still wouldn't have talked to any of the old members after 1990s. So you don't think he knows that already, that some folks will never see this band as GNR period, new/old or whatever?

Of course he's not trying to forget about old Guns.

It's the only place he can make any money is off of songs written by 80% of people who are no longer with him, by his choice.

But when fans bring up the reunion, Axl and/or "his people" immediately use the excuse of "get over it", "divorce happens", "move on this is a new band".

Yet Axl runs out there and performs shows that consist of 66% old GN'R and 11% covers, and even those covers are covers that were hand-selected and performed by old GN'R.

But hey, let's not remind them the old guys aren't there, right? We're trying to move on.

While we're at it, we might want to also try to stop getting promoters in Europe, Asia & South America to STOP trying to sell new GN'R shows with Slash's image ALL OVER IT, which has been going on since new GN'R started trying to do international tours.

But yeah, Axl's not living in the past, we're moving on. But oh wait, yeah we are living in the past, because Axl wants to acknowledge himself and those songs for the fans.

Hmmm, seems like Axl's got it pretty much all figured out. He's a walking religion. He cannot be disproven under any circumstances, living in the past, living in the future, it's all the same, because there's always some smart ass retort to prove Axl right floating around out there even though Axl's own letter contridicted itself half way through.

ninic wrote:

I mean some of the "fans" really needs to get over feelings hurt about the HOF and Axl's antics already cause some of you are starting to believe ANYTHING about him at this point.

Kind of like new GN'R fans actually thinking they're getting new music anytime soon. 14

GET OVER IT, it's not happening. I don't know why you fans take it so personally.

And why do I say this? Because i'm a reunion fan, and a new GN'R fan.

If if "new album" fans want to understand the plight of a reunion fan... how badly do you want that new album? Alot right? Well, welcome to being a reunion fan.

Board footer