You are not logged in. Please register or login.

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

Re: Slash in CD sessions 2001? Illusions reunion in 96?

apex-twin wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

I'd have killed to hear some of those chinese tracks with Slash parts. I'd also love to hear the stuff they would have written in 96 or whatever.

Bob Ezrin of Pink Floyd/Dark Side of the Moon fame gave Axl an evaluation of CD around that time. He liked three songs.

Wonder if those three were the ones with 21 pencilled in on them?

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

So AFTER Slash got kicked out of a show in Vegas, he jammed on some CD stuff? Hmmmm

killingvector
 Rep: 21 

Good stuff.

Explains circumstances behind the infamous name issue.

Pretty much what we all thought.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

Just read it again... Those songs must have come out of the 1996 sessions.. Maybe Slash reused them somewhere...  Like Anastasia? lol.....

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

KV, it does explain some, but it paints Axl as even more of a paranoid type guy than we thought.  Blaming Slash for everything and stuff he didn't even do.

killingvector

Smoking Guns wrote:

KV, it does explain some, but it paints Axl as even more of a paranoid type guy than we thought.  Blaming Slash for everything and stuff he didn't even do.

That's your opinion. The author does mention that Slash openly spread these stories in the press which festered the wound between the two even more.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

The author also speaks about 2001 opportunity Slash had to work on some CD stuff, but had to admit to shit he didn't even do to be allowed to work on those songs. That is what Canter said, not me.

killingvector

The author makes the distinction clear that Axl and Slash both think they are in the right, hence the need for the individual for an apology.  The author also makes it clear that Axl is very angry at Slash b/c his former colleague aired his side of the 'name change' story in public.

If you re-read the last G&R sessions, it is Slash who took his songs and left. That sounds like Slash was suffering a bit of egotism if you ask me.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

Timothy%20White_Keith%20Richards.jpg

Whatever you do, don't leave the band.

Too bad he was too young to listen.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
killingvector wrote:

If you re-read the last G&R sessions, it is Slash who took his songs and left. That sounds like Slash was suffering a bit of egotism if you ask me.

I agree. But then I also think both guys do their bit to make things difficult. Like Slash probably has an ego, but then he was probably offended by the Paul Huge re-record incident, and generally offended by being made into an employee - when GNR was famous as much for his unique playing as it was for Axl's unique voice.

I know in bands things tend to create underlying bad blood...and it sort of festers..and you get more and more annoyed.

Meanwhile slash has his problematic ways...he was a pretty serious junky back then. But so does Axl - he was increasingly becoming reclusive, nocturnal..and realistically him changing those songs probably would have added at least a year if not more to the production time.....

I can see how it all just got too hard.

Shame though. I think if Axl had been allowed to rework the 5'Oclock songs with his own content it would have been as good as AFD. There's amazing fucking guitar on that album.

Board footer