You are not logged in. Please register or login.

otto
 Rep: 83 

Re: Richard Fortus interview

otto wrote:

Yes, me! 16

Ali
 Rep: 41 

Ali wrote:
ottosporteman wrote:

Yes, me! 16

Yes, I know.  I meant besides you 16

Ali

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

apex-twin wrote:

To a degree, I agree with you on that. Motley Crue has books and sideprojects going for it along with their own, new stuff with the original lineup and they have toured insane. Their last album, Saints of Los Angeles, went gold just like Chinese Democracy.

My point being, CD, a legendary album before its release, got the same treatment Axl's glam-rock peers had to work their asses off for. Only Axl didn't break a sweat in promoting his stuff.

For their next albums, I'd say both bands start at a low point in comparison. The Crue convinced respectable amounts of audiences that they have their vintage sound intact. Guns need to reinvent themselves as a single unit instead of a baggage claim for post-Slash guitar players.

You could almost say both bands (for different reasons) are in a peculiar situation: a sophomore slump after that comeback season. You're here. Cool. What's next? The most riveting outcome would be for Axl to let Ashba and Tommy write a ripping rock album, and truly, call it Guns N' Roses.

It's really the only way to upstage Chinese Democracy. big_smile

I'd like to see more of a band feel to the next album. Scrap all the old material and re-record from scratch, none of this pasting Fortus licks over Buckethead solos recorded five years earlier. Write and record as a unit. Hell, give Tommy a lead vocal, like Duff and Izzy on UYI.

struck
 Rep: 0 

struck wrote:

That will b awesome if they all got there shit together and release a new disk. Now not only looking forword to the new ADLER disk coming out but just maybe a new GNR disk. I hope its more heavier than CHINESE.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

Great if true, the fact they've been recording is a good sign. No clues as to the substance of the recordings though, if it's just Fortus and Dizzy recording some ideas I'm none too fussed. If the whole band's been together and laying stuff down then that's a great sign imo.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

I just read it as rerecorded stuff that was already recorded.  I don't read anything else into it.  Just an attempt to make sure those not around aren't making money off the next album.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

It kinda contradicts what Ron said about them not having even recorded together at all.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

apex-twin wrote:

To a degree, I agree with you on that. Motley Crue has books and sideprojects going for it along with their own, new stuff with the original lineup and they have toured insane. Their last album, Saints of Los Angeles, went gold just like Chinese Democracy.

My point being, CD, a legendary album before its release, got the same treatment Axl's glam-rock peers had to work their asses off for. Only Axl didn't break a sweat in promoting his stuff.

For their next albums, I'd say both bands start at a low point in comparison. The Crue convinced respectable amounts of audiences that they have their vintage sound intact. Guns need to reinvent themselves as a single unit instead of a baggage claim for post-Slash guitar players.

You could almost say both bands (for different reasons) are in a peculiar situation: a sophomore slump after that comeback season. You're here. Cool. What's next? The most riveting outcome would be for Axl to let Ashba and Tommy write a ripping rock album, and truly, call it Guns N' Roses.

It's really the only way to upstage Chinese Democracy. big_smile

Indeed my good sir! I know DJ wants to make a big mark on this record and show that he can put some rockers on there to please the fans. He's a good writer for that kind of stuff and hopefully those are the kind of songs that he has been showing Axl. I do want to see a great balance of the guitar players on these recordings. I'm hyped; but I shouldn't get too overly excited until I see the actual product being advertised. cool

Ali
 Rep: 41 

Ali wrote:
Aussie wrote:

It kinda contradicts what Ron said about them not having even recorded together at all.

They may not have recorded TOGETHER, but individually recorded some parts for various songs.

Ali

Board footer