You are not logged in. Please register or login.

drborken
 Rep: 6 

Re: "Blood in the Water" (NEW idea discussion)

drborken wrote:

In all fairness, if there is anything to have learned from the last however many years, it's that literally anything could happen when it comes to GnR.

That being said, part of me knows it's crazy to get my hopes up for a single on Friday, but that doesn't mean I'm not crazy excited at the chance something could happen.

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:

And we will all go nuts over a single!

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

I am gettin' too old for this shit, makes me feel bad for those of you who are REALLY to old for it. 16

Scabbie

Scabbie wrote:

I don't think forums should shut down, but perhaps creating a general music forum with a dedicated GNR section (underneath the general area) would help rebalance priorities...

Scabbie

Scabbie wrote:

Although I'm the first to admit that would probably make fuck all difference for me!

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
russtcb wrote:

I don't see what's wrong with hoping for the best.

I hear you. Although...creating expectations if the fastest way to get disappointed. You know how when people tell you a movie is bad and turns out it's kinda ok, it's better than if they tell you it's awesome then it sucks? big_smile

I look at it like this. If I went to work and they told me there would be a random guitarist today. And then it turned out to be DJ I'd be thrilled. If they'd told me there would be Slash (in your case Robin Russ) today, and then it's DJ, I'd be annoyed....so it's all about what you expect and hope.

To be honest I'm not sure where this "something will happen friday" optimism has come from. I'd love something to happen...but who started it?

1. A troll claiming to be from UMG but acting how no employee from UMG would ever behave. Happened to capitalise on a partial leak - but one it turns out others saw months ago.

2. Fernando quoting a line from "Anything Goes" and giving the start date of the Russian tour. Maybe he was hinting at more, but if the tour is playing in city where GNR hasn't played before, then his entire post could be about the tour. It seems pretty clear to me it was since the date he listed is the first performance date.

So I hope something happens, and I'll be the first to go nuts if it does, but to be honest, other than the possibility of a full leak coming from a hoarder...I think the next few months will be about the tour...and this sample will be like jackie chan...tantalising...

Hope I'm wrong...i just see no basis for us all to pick a random date and think something is happening that day big_smile

IRISH OS1R1S
 Rep: 59 

IRISH OS1R1S wrote:

I'm all for new music and like the rest of you, wish for a new album, but that clip sounded like crap (to me). Hopefully if its real its just an intro to a song because it ain't doing it for me.

I am sure its fake, but if not, I hope its one of the weakest songs they have for a new album...............................Not impressed.

Rex
 Rep: 50 

Rex wrote:

If nothing happens tomorrow, how many fridays left in the year?

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

To be optimistic for a change

if Axl is gonna continue this Touring business.. he is gonna have to give something NEW to tour on eventually

even the European and South American fans will stop seeing the same ole shit tour eventually

Sky Dog wrote:
IRISH OS1R1S wrote:

I'm all for new music and like the rest of you, wish for a new album, but that clip sounded like crap (to me). Hopefully if its real its just an intro to a song because it ain't doing it for me.

I am sure its fake, but if not, I hope its one of the weakest songs they have for a new album...............................Not impressed.

I'll have to agree...I do like the vocal delivery and the chorus/melody but the music is just too pop or whatever for me. Honestly, sounds like something my daughter would listen to.

Board footer