You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: London, May 31 (14 Years and Dead Flowers w/ Izzy!)

Axlin16 wrote:

Yeah but I don't think demand was ever really a question.

Even Axl's fanatical South American fanbase seem to be up the ass immediately on these things. That has to be more than 100 people.

So John do you think they are even recording this show, or was it just a Better video situation. They say "in a few weeks", and the concert will never surface?

johndivney wrote:

i think that's a possibility.

or rather, i think that's a more likely scenario than them giving something the fans can enjoy at their own convenience.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

Lack of sales would be my thought too. Though making some money would be better than making no money. Not sure on the costs of making this a "live" pay per view event. Maybe they save themselves cash by dropping out since not enough people signed up.

I had also heard that the stream was only going to be available "live" and not for 24 hours after the show, as was the case in the past. So if you weren't available for that exact 3 hour time period during the day you were out of luck. My line of thought regardless. If I can't see it "live" it's not really worth paying for. And I'd consider myself a pretty loyal fan. So yeah, I could see lack of sales being an issue.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Well this stinks. (Plankton's voice) hmm Oh well. Hopefully they fix this issue and do some more streams with benefits sometime soon.

otto
 Rep: 83 

otto wrote:

I happen to work for a live streaming company on some projects...

In order for the stream to happen, a "guarantee fee" is needed, in order to cover expenses with internet connection, IT team deployed to the place where the stream will happen, etc. Let's say the "guarantee fee" is $2500.
Once they sell enough to cover that, the streaming is on. After this value is met, everything until $5000 goes to the host of the event. After each part is even, income is split 50/50.

My thoughts on this: either they didn't cover the minimum fee or didn't sell enough to be reasonable for GN'R. Let's say, using the example above, that they sold $2990 and perhaps to GN'R the $490 isn't enough, given the performance may be not THAT well, will end up on Youtube anyway, blah blah blah.

To make the concert available to download is a different beast altogether. GN'R has a film crew on EVERY concert and they'll record it anyway. The only expense they'll have is to have some post-prod and host it to minimum to none expenses.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

That's a good analysis on the whole process. Your position sounds quite intriguing.

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

wouldn't they have known/projected days ago what the approximate sales were gonna be?

another possibility is that axl is lacking in confidence today.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Another possibility is that everybody knew they wouldn't debut anything new, so what's the point...

Board footer