You are not logged in. Please register or login.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

Re: State of GNRevolution (PLEASE READ, discuss)

buzzsaw wrote:
Axlin12 wrote:

I wanted to seperate this part to tell you guys all something very personal.

And I mean this from my heart...

GN'R Evolution has not just been an Evolution about Guns N' Roses. That's not what the 'Evo' means.

It's us

The Evolution of US. You guys here, know me more as a person, than my own friends do. My so-called friends. For years I proclaimed "internet friends to not be real friends", but thing is, the reality is, you are.

I literally have NO friends that dig music the way I do, or you guys do. I have no one to take to a Guns N' Roses show, that will enjoy it the way I do. That if I turn around and review it, and you guys get it (or slam me for 20 pages), regardless... you're talking about it.

You guys understand more about me, than people in my everyday lives. I have no other musical outlet to talk about the things I love, a musical experience that is almost spirtual for me. With all of the highly intelligent, highly passionate, fair-minded, logical people here... I wouldn't have that. And for that, i'll be forever grateful.

And like BLS said, we have our arguments, but I don't think anyone here means truely hurtful feelings. One time I got Neemo to flip on me, and I never even got mad, because I wanted the dude to be honest. He probably hated my guts, but that's what I wanted out of him. That's the beauty of this place. Even when we cuss somebody out and tell them to go fuck themselves, it's with such a passion, that you can't help but respect it and validate it. You can't get that ANYWHERE.

What is GN'R Evolution?

We are GN'R Evolution. How? Every person here, came from somewhere else. Whether longtime poster, or longtime lurker, or both, we all were on another board.

And we all found our way to Evo.

Why?

Because we are apart of the Evolution of what is the righteous, true, honest, intelligent, well versed, philsophical Guns N' Roses.

WE are the Evolution. For we have come full circle. Evo is the best, the brightest, the most honest, the most passionate, the most loving, and the front line of everything it means, should mean, and SHOULD BE to be a fan of Guns N' Roses.

We are the Special Forces of Guns N' Roses fans.

GN'R Evolution

Dude, this is just an emotional response.  You'll feel different when you've had some time to look back on it.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

The PERFECT response Buzz. I laughed 'til I teared up. You knew the exact thing to say.

Love 'ya man. 22

johndivney wrote:

we should do a poll of our fave GnR songs to re-energize & reconnect. list our top 20 songs, write about a few of ur faves & get some sucker to tabulate the results into an almighty countdown.

When I get the time, I have an interest in posting a massive ranking of the entire GN'R catalog. It's a big undertaking, that should be fair and understandable.

Not only would it be something different, but it would get people talking. I just haven't decided one thing... should Chinese be included or not? Personally I think so, because it would be cool to see where the fanbase includes the new Guns songs, among the obvious classic back catalog.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Furbush
 Rep: 107 

Furbush wrote:
russtcb wrote:

On the subject of how well we all know each other, I've found that over the years whenever I mention something I read on here I've evolved from going through the "...it was said on an internet forum" to just saying "this dude I know said..."

I'm talking about when I'm discussing a movie or whatever. For example I was talking to my room mate yesterday about trying to go see Prometheus at some point this weekend. At one point I said "I'm on the fence because I've heard from a couple people who's opinion I trust on movies, one hated it, the other loved it". I was referring to our "Most Recent Movies" thread here.

Same thing happened after Somebody That I Used To Know blew up. When it just got huge on US radio, a friend of mine texted me and said "hey, am I crazy or did you play that Gotye song for me like 2 months ago??" to which I replied "Yeah, but I can't take credit. A buddy of mine from Canada put me up on it way back then". I was talking about the thread Bono created about the song way before it blew up here, but I said it that way because that's how I think of it: A buddy told me about it, not that some stranger on a forum started a thread.

That doesn't happen and has never happened with anywhere else I've ever posted on the internet.

I do the same thing...

Funny you mention the Gotye thing. I listened to that shit as a result of that thread... Then did a blog post along the same lines, and a week later, my friend was like... "Hey, you gotta hear this shit on my iPhone!" sure enough, I mentioned that "some friends" had turned me onto the dude a couple of weeks prior... I consider you all friends... And like Russ said, ANYWHERE else, it would be "shit I was discussing on the internet"

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:
russtcb wrote:

On the subject of how well we all know each other, I've found that over the years whenever I mention something I read on here I've evolved from going through the "...it was said on an internet forum" to just saying "this dude I know said..."

I'm talking about when I'm discussing a movie or whatever. For example I was talking to my room mate yesterday about trying to go see Prometheus at some point this weekend. At one point I said "I'm on the fence because I've heard from a couple people who's opinion I trust on movies, one hated it, the other loved it". I was referring to our "Most Recent Movies" thread here.

Same thing happened after Somebody That I Used To Know blew up. When it just got huge on US radio, a friend of mine texted me and said "hey, am I crazy or did you play that Gotye song for me like 2 months ago??" to which I replied "Yeah, but I can't take credit. A buddy of mine from Canada put me up on it way back then". I was talking about the thread Bono created about the song way before it blew up here, but I said it that way because that's how I think of it: A buddy told me about it, not that some stranger on a forum started a thread.

That doesn't happen and has never happened with anywhere else I've ever posted on the internet.

I've done the same thing. For the first 2-3 years here, I would reference "internet friend".

Now I just say "a dude I know", or "a friend of mine".

Some of us on here, especially those who've got more time in and more posts, we've talked so much that we know what the others are gonna say before they say it. You can figure out my response alot before I even make it. I can figure yours out. When someone talks GN'R. The same applies to all the regulars here.

I told someone the other day who was talking Pink Floyd, and I said "a friend of mine met Roger Waters the other day", and I was talking about you.

A few years ago I would've been REAL relucant to do that. But honestly, at this point... everyone here knows me better as a person and what makes me tick and what's personal to me than my own friends. So why hold back?

And like you said... you don't get that ANYWHERE on the internet. What we have here is unprecedented, especially among the GN'R boards.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Yeah I totally feel the same way actually, feel like I'm proper friends with a few people on here even though we've never met in person. And there's a couple of people I have met from here too who are awesome. 5

Sky Dog wrote:

You Aussies would be a fun group to hang out with as would any of the Europeans...no doubt. I actually think we all would get along in person. A lot of different cultures so it would be pretty cool. Plus, we could set up a ring and watch Id and Bono do a steel cage match.

Actually, my best guess is that they would like each other in person. They would chuckle, drink a beer and look for the closest good looking chick they could find.....then fight over her!

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

I volunteer to special referee the Bono/ID cage match.

Trust me, it's ending in two stunners and beer bash.

19 22

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

otto
 Rep: 83 

otto wrote:

Yeah, I`m here in Paris now, moving to Hamburg to catch Tom Petty tomorrow.

USA Roadtrip tomorrow. It would be a double high to meet you guys!
smile

Board footer