You are not logged in. Please register or login.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

Re: Gods of Metal June 22nd

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

speaking of the basketball game interview....holy fuck...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3TvV4LNAbI

where the hell did the eyebrows go.......metrosexual!

Weird weird weird weird weird he talks like a completely different person. Mellow, almost childlike!

Compare it to that brief clip of Axl in the bar talking about Slash a while back. Totally different people.

I wander whether he travelled the world in disguise

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Scabbie wrote:

The longer he leaves the next album the more it builds up again.

He's spent all the "build ups" he had.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I've always wondered about that basketball interview too.

It's like Axl with no devil in his heart. That guarded darkness that always seems there when he gives interviews just seems totally absent.

Axl often seems fun and jovial in footage...but there's usually an intensity to him where you can tell if you pushed him he'd light up...but that guy in this footage seems so mellow...like you could hit him and he'd apologise for annoying you...

Makes me wonder if it was extremely high use of anti-depressents or some other kind of medication.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

russtcb wrote:

Not to be all fanboy, but this angers me so much every time I see it:
http://i47.tinypic.com/jq2adh.jpg

They are uneducated in rock history! neutral

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
Scabbie wrote:

The longer he leaves the next album the more it builds up again.

He's spent all the "build ups" he had.

Agreed, which is why I think no new album is happening no time soon.

At the same time Axl fucks himself with the diehards. Axl already fucked himself with the casuals with passing on the HOF reunion.

I pretty much agree with most in this thread, and the reason it is downright trying for me lately to come in here any more often than each week.

Guns N' Roses does absolutely fucking nothing today, and has no reason to exist. Alot of people say, "it's still alot better than the 2003-2005" period.

I've always disagreed. I remember that period, and today is far worse. You want to know why?

When GN'R was inactive from 2003-05, nobody cared because they literally weren't doing anything at all.

2012 is far worse. They are actually touring!

...and nobody cares. Each tour the attendence has gone further down. Are they finished? Not yet, but at the same time it shows when even the die-est of the diehards are basically becoming 'indifferent' to what Axl and his band are doing.

They aren't even passionate enough to hate him anymore, because he literally does NOTHING to promote himself or give validity for his existence in the music scene.

Sky Dog wrote:

the european tour is doing very well...fyi. It's a cash grab, but it has done well.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
Axlin12 wrote:

Guns N' Roses does absolutely fucking nothing today, and has no reason to exist. Alot of people say, "it's still alot better than the 2003-2005" period.

I've always disagreed. I remember that period, and today is far worse. You want to know why?

When GN'R was inactive from 2003-05, nobody cared because they literally weren't doing anything at all.

2012 is far worse. They are actually touring!

...and nobody cares. Each tour the attendence has gone further down. Are they finished? Not yet, but at the same time it shows when even the die-est of the diehards are basically becoming 'indifferent' to what Axl and his band are doing.

They aren't even passionate enough to hate him anymore, because he literally does NOTHING to promote himself or give validity for his existence in the music scene.

I see what you're saying and agree on some level, but the band is still touring and playing great shows as far as I can tell.  So they're still highly relevant for the crowds that are able to see them on any given night.  I myself am a little burnt out on this tour because they already hit the US and probably won't be back for some time.  So in that sense, I'm ready for a new album.  The same way, fans OUTSIDE the US were ready for a new album when the US tour was announced.  THAT didn't effect them personally, so it wasn't a top priority.  Same thing here.  It has nothing to do with GNR being finished or things being better when they're inactive.  Some of us are just ready for ROUND 2.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
russtcb wrote:

Not to be all fanboy, but this angers me so much every time I see it:
http://i47.tinypic.com/jq2adh.jpg

What's funny is that they fixed it later in the interview. 16

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote: