You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Re: Fantasy Band Draft

Weird AL Yankovic is a genius! Not just as a satirist but also as a musician and he can sing too. It would worked as a cool choice!

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

K, with 13 people

the only way to make this work is to give 3 byes

Figure I can have someone on Facebook randomly put 1 through 13 in a mixed up order....  first two and the last gets a bye.

Then we do matchups, each person gets to explain their band and why their band is better, give an idea how the dynamics would work etc and then we vote
U can also talk shit and diss the opposing band against u and why yours is better etc.
thoughts?

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Sounds like a fair idea. Go for it!

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

My band should just get a first round bye by default.  The only way it will lose is if people vote against me and not the band, so it will keep someone else in longer than they would have otherwise.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

Hopefullypeople won't vote based on popularity of poster or friend ships etc.

just be honest. no one should get butt hurt. its all in fun.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Since my band is unique in the fact it has no dead icons and is the only band in this game that could realistically get together and whip up an album in 6-8 weeks, it will probably get shit on immediately. If anyone deserves a bye, it's me.  16

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

.  The only way it will lose is if people vote against me and not the band, so it will keep someone else in longer than they would have otherwise.

-D- wrote:

Hopefullypeople won't vote based on popularity of poster or friend ships etc.

I'm with these two. This is a great community and I hope no one plays favorites or frowns upon members they have issues with. That Madness series and album tournaments  we had seemed to go fair and square so let's keep that vibe going.

I temp banned Buzz once but I promise not to hold it against you. tongue

The only way it will lose is if people vote against me and not the band

Arrogant much? 16 I know that's your personality but that statement is funny. You have a great lineup(picking Dolenz was either pure madness or genius). An AMAZING lineup for sure but definitely NOT guaranteed to win.......regardless of who picked that lineup.

I cant wait to dissect these lineups. They're all great in certain ways but some have weaknesses.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

Why yes I am, thanks for noticing.  smile

I meant in a first round matchup.  There are a few bands that could compete with mine for the title, but I think mine has to be top 2-3 just because of who is in it.  Obviously anything can happen with the small voting pool we have, but if these were put out on something like RS to vote on, there's little doubt I would be near the top.  Doesn't mean my band is "better" than others, but I think it would be more popular with the general public.

Board footer