You are not logged in. Please register or login.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

Re: DUFF MCKAGAN Joins SLASH On Stage In Seattle

metallex78 wrote:

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?m … mID=176760

Duff McKagan joined his VELVET REVOLVER and ex-GUNS N' ROSES bandmate Slash on stage last night (Friday, July 13) at Showbox SoDo in Seattle, Washington to perform two GN'R classics, "It's So Easy" and "Paradise City".

After the show, Slash took to his Twitter account to say, "Thanks to Duff McKagan for coming down & jamming a couple tunes as well. Made it a perfect night. #itssoeasy#"

[youtube]uPvH6TFxurI&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]

[youtube]vM7v0Ks3628&feature=channel&list=UL[/youtube]

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

Duff is spineless.  Playing with Slash, while Slash is clearly blocking the progress of the band formerly known as Velvet Revolver. 

I kid, I kid.

Just having some fun with those that had issues with Izzy playing with Axl.  In all seriousness, I think it's cool as hell.  The more moments like this, the better.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Pretty much my thoughts exactly. I bet Duff isn't "spineless" anymore all of the sudden. roll

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

Duff is spineless

nothing wrong with it, not even necessarily a "Negative"

but he just seems to do whatever

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

It's always so great to see them together.

Not to sound like I'm a proponent of Faldor's joke...but I do actually find it a little surprising. As I do question the real reason behind VR not regrouping. Seems something is going on. Perhaps rather than personality conflict it's simply that they just don't agree on musical directions but it's all in a friendly way rather than aggressive.

But i've noticed in Slash's pro-Appocolyptic Love interviews he's been pretty blunt about how much more he's enjoying this band than his other bands - and now he's mapped out a year tour followed by Slash solo album 3 - can't see VR getting much done....

But it's a shame cos I love Duff and Matt with Slash....I wish Slash's solo band was done with them...but I guess they're too big stars and it's really just Slash's own thing.

But you think Myles, Slash, Duff, Matt would be greater by far than the current Slash band (no offence to them). But to me Solo 1 + 2 could have been done as the reboot of VR with new singers.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:

People who can't comprehend that some see an obvious difference whether they agree witht at difference or not,  between Izzy playing with Axl right after the RRHOF and Duff playing with Slash here are spine.....errrr clueless.

ppp

ppp wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

It's always so great to see them together.

Not to sound like I'm a proponent of Faldor's joke...but I do actually find it a little surprising. As I do question the real reason behind VR not regrouping. Seems something is going on. Perhaps rather than personality conflict it's simply that they just don't agree on musical directions but it's all in a friendly way rather than aggressive.

But i've noticed in Slash's pro-Appocolyptic Love interviews he's been pretty blunt about how much more he's enjoying this band than his other bands - and now he's mapped out a year tour followed by Slash solo album 3 - can't see VR getting much done....

But it's a shame cos I love Duff and Matt with Slash....I wish Slash's solo band was done with them...but I guess they're too big stars and it's really just Slash's own thing.

But you think Myles, Slash, Duff, Matt would be greater by far than the current Slash band (no offence to them). But to me Solo 1 + 2 could have been done as the reboot of VR with new singers.

I would imagine Slash likes this band better.  It's the same situation as Axl, they are his employees not his equals. In VR and GNR, that was not the case. This band allows him to call the shots.

Plus Duff said before that he was looking for a singer that would dwarf Scott, and Myles can't do that. I think that is where part of the problem lies. They are looking for different things.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:

Myles is a far better singer than that hack Scott Weiland. I'm happy that Slash left that band behind, where he even had to fight for Slither to make the album. AL is Slash's best work in 15 years. I'm happy that the guitar solos and the great music is back again.

Mikkamakka

Mikkamakka wrote:
Bono wrote:

People who can't comprehend that some see an obvious difference whether they agree witht at difference or not,  between Izzy playing with Axl right after the RRHOF and Duff playing with Slash here are spine.....errrr clueless.

Yeah, Slash N' Duff did the HOF together, so it's not a miracle that 2 or 3 months later they play again.

Mikkamakka

Mikkamakka wrote:

Better quality

http://www.youtube.com/watch?gl=HU&v=6ESqzBmE1mw

Slash's guitar looks awful. CC DeVille lent it to him, or what?

Board footer