You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Re: Tour or album

russtcb wrote:
Aussie wrote:

My guess is a band member leaving will come first - well after silence.

Voted "Another Tour" but meant Silence.

I would imagine Aussie is right on with this guess.

I chose another tour for right now. Maybe some silence and recording; but doubt it. hmm  Axl needs to realize that it doesn't have to be this way!

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Voted silence but like some others I believe one or two people will exit stage left. Any member not interested in a nostalgia head trip and wanted to move forward will finally bail. All major departures in the CD era seem to be for that reason and the nostalgia is worse now than it was then.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

Greatest Hits vol 2 with 2 new songs

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
Ben Matlock wrote:

Voted silence but like some others I believe one or two people will exit stage left. Any member not interested in a nostalgia head trip and wanted to move forward will finally bail. All major departures in the CD era seem to be for that reason and the nostalgia is worse now than it was then.

I don't really see the reason for anyone to leave at this point.  The paycheck is good, and they're free to work on other projects when GNR isn't active, and there's been a fair amount of free time in the past.  DJ has managed to release an album for Sixx AM while in GNR. Tommy is still working with Soul Asylum and they have an album coming out.  Ron has worked on solo stuff and toured with Lita Ford.  Richard has done solo stuff and toured with Thin Lizzy.  Frank, Chris, and Dizzy all have their side projects.  I don't think their work in Guns N' Roses is holding them back all that much.

I'm sure they'd all like things to be handled a little differently and for the band to actually "move forward", but it's out of their control.  If they want to quit on principle then I guess I could see that, but business wise it wouldn't seem like a smart idea.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

Silence is so 2005. They won't stop now. Unless they are forced.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

DCK

DCK wrote:

Canada? Australia?

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

They came to Oz in 2007 and again in 2010.

DCK

DCK wrote:
russtcb wrote:
DCK wrote:

Canada? Australia?

I couldn't remember when they were in Australia last time, but I know they were in Canada in 2010 for a tour. I supposed they could go there again. I don't know what the interest level was last time.

The only was a US Tour could be a success in the eyes of the media is if they did a full Up Close & Personal style tour. Showed up every night, went on time at a reasonable hour and killed it every night.

It would take a week or two to build or word of mouth and decent sales, but it could be done. But an arena tour with little to no advertising, etc, would be an awful idea at this point.

If at this point it is an awful idea, what was 2002 with a brand new unknown line up and no album??

Board footer