You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: 2012 NFL Season

Sky Dog wrote:
misterID wrote:

Fucking Demps... Fucking DEMPS!!!! You are no longer my break out player... Or secret weapon. Thanks a lot.

I don't care if the Dolphins suck this year, but please, if you're going to suck, suck it large. Get the first pick and get a crazy deal for Barkley. Then pick MINGO!

I have a feeling that The Rams are going to make a play for Barkley. Fisher has a hard on for all things USC, Bradford isn't his guy... They have a shitload of picks to work with. I think it could happen, especially if Bradford has a down year and gives them an excuse.

Dolphins need Csonka, Mercury Morris, and Griese...oh and Jake Scott at safety. Then, they may be on the right track. 16

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:
misterID wrote:

Fucking Demps... Fucking DEMPS!!!! You are no longer my break out player... Or secret weapon. Thanks a lot.

I don't care if the Dolphins suck this year, but please, if you're going to suck, suck it large. Get the first pick and get a crazy deal for Barkley. Then pick MINGO!

I have a feeling that The Rams are going to make a play for Barkley. Fisher has a hard on for all things USC, Bradford isn't his guy... They have a shitload of picks to work with. I think it could happen, especially if Bradford has a down year and gives them an excuse.

You've watched the man coach before.  You know his MO.  He'll overachieve with shitty/mediocre teams and underachieve with good/great teams.  He get between 6-8 wins out of the Rams.  That'll put their pick in the 8-16 range.  Now the real question is whether or not the Redskins will stink enough for the Rams to get enough ammo to trade for the top pick.  More likely Fisher will just take the best available OT.  They don't really need a DE.  And I can't for the life of me see him spending a Top 10 pick on a WR.

Chris Johnson is absolutely worthless.  I can't wait for the Titans to jettison his ass after the year.  The Titans haven't beat SD ever.  The last time the franchise won in SD was in 1990 when they were known as the Houston Oilers.  I'm not feeling real good about their chances since Ryan Matthews practiced in pads today and their run D stinks.

And I started Cutler today in my FF league over Matt Stafford.:headbang:

Last comment/question:  Why does Mario Williams seem to get injured so much?  I've read that he has a wrist injury now.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

Buzz better hope Da' Bears start protecting Cutler or he won't be around long.

The good news is I got to bed early last night!

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

Cutler remains the reason I can't become a believer in the Bears.  I think they have a very good overall team, but I just can't see him playing consistently well enough to lead them to a Super Bowl.  His offensive line was bad, and has been bad, but he hasn't done much to help out either.  He was awful last night, especially after talking it up heading into the game.  Seriously, Chicago?  You beat the Colts at home in week 1.  Is that really something you should be crowing about?

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
faldor wrote:

Cutler remains the reason I can't become a believer in the Bears.  I think they have a very good overall team, but I just can't see him playing consistently well enough to lead them to a Super Bowl.  His offensive line was bad, and has been bad, but he hasn't done much to help out either.  He was awful last night, especially after talking it up heading into the game.  Seriously, Chicago?  You beat the Colts at home in week 1.  Is that really something you should be crowing about?

The Bears sucked early last year and were playing as well as anybody when Forte and Cutler got hurt.  The D was good, special teams good (except for the fake FG).  The offense is completely new and I think it will take some time to get where they need it to be.

I still believe in Cutler.  Always have (liked him in Denver too), always will.  I do understand why many don't though.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

After seeing the Packers last night, I'm going to say the 49ers are the best in the NFC so far.

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:

The problem with Cutler is that yes, he has moments of pure athletic brilliance in the regular season. When the going gets tough though, he can fall apart. He simply cannot fall behind 2 scores because his decision making goes right out the window. Certainly not conducive to playoff football.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Same as it ever was.  Bears have been like this for decades, going back to the near invincible mid 80s team. They cant come from behind. Period. A few games here and there but zero consistency. The high powered fast scoring 49ers along with the Skins and Giants prevented them from going to multiple SBs, which that Bears team deserved.

Ravens are the Bears of the AFC.

I've been wanting a Bears-Ravens SB for years.

Bro-mero
 Rep: 23 

Bro-mero wrote:

Buzzsaw:

The Bears are more talented than the Packers.  They almost beat them in the playoffs two years ago with a third string QB.  After absorbing another idiotic Mike Martz fueled slow start, they were playing as good as anybody in the NFL last year when Forte and Cutler got hurt.

The Bears drastically improved their offense coming into this season.  Cutler was pretty good with nobody at WR; he'll be even better with Marshall outside and a healthy Earl Bennett (Cutler's recent go to guy) in the slot (think Welker).  Devin Hester will be single covered if teams double Marshall.  More importantly, there's no Mike Martz.  I can't begin to tell you how many problems he caused by himself. 

Their defense is far superior to GB.  Their ground game is far superior to GB.  Their ST are far superior to GB.  The only advantage (and granted it's a big one) GB has is Rogers over Cutler.  I think the rest of the gap offensively has closed that Rogers over Cutler isn't enough to keep GB ahead any more.  Cutler was pretty good last year and threw no red zone interceptions last year.  Many say he's top 10 already.  If he builds on that the Bears will be in great shape.

Sure, I'm drinking the koolaid.  I admit it.  And certainly health is pretty much a requirement for all teams, but I really think the Bears are set to be very, very good this year if they don't lose Cutler.

Giggity

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

It's WAY to early to make any determinations on any team in the NFL.  Wait until we get through October at the earliest.  How many times do teams start out 4-0 and then fold the rest of the way.  Or the Giants twice have barely made the playoffs and gone on to win the Super Bowl.

The Packers defense looked a lot better last night.  They were probably fueled by Cutler and co. running their mouths about how they'd have their way against the Pack.  They certainly shut them up.  The Packers offense though, has not been very sharp these first two games.  Now I suspect they'll be fine in the long run, but they're not there yet.

As for the Bears, as much as I don't trust Jay Cutler to lead a team to the promised land.  I think the Bears overall have a very solid team.  In fact, I think they're a better constructed team than the Packers.  I just think that Rogers is so much better than Cutler, that it more than makes up the difference.  The Bears may be built better for the post-season, but again, I don't trust Cutler enough to take them to the top.  He may have 1 good playoff game, maybe even 2.  But I have a hard time seeing him winning 3 or 4 in a row against really good competition.

All in all, the Packers needed that game a lot more than the Bears last night.  GB couldn't start the season losing their first two games AT HOME.  And the Bears couldn't keep quiet, so the outcome was predictable.  I don't think you can take too much out of what we've seen so far.  One thing's for sure though, Cutler has some pretty poor history at Lambeau.  Something tells me it won't be any easier in January, if it comes to that.

Board footer