You are not logged in. Please register or login.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

Re: Pot Legalization Is Coming (RS Article)

tejastech08 wrote:
Axlin12 wrote:

Oh the facts support that Tejas.

More people have become addicted and died and innocents died from alcohol-related abuse and violence than ANY of are 'hard' drugs COMBINED x 1,000.

Of course part of that is the fact that it's legal. If you legalized cocaine and heroine, I think there would be pretty big problems with those too. Heroine in particular is the deadliest of all. Granted, a bunch of prescription drugs out there are opiates and can have the same effect if abused (Heath Ledger with 3 opiate prescriptions).

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I think Ledger used 2 opiates. I think he combined Vicodin and Oxycodone, then threw in Xanax. Plus drank.

But themselves, just one of those above drugs with Xanax, creates a heroin like effect and slows breathing. Him throwing in the extra opioid, and you're through. It just slows your breathing to a point you go dizzy and that's that.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:

I just remember the news saying he had 3 opiate-based prescriptions from three different doctors around the world. Don't know if that was shitty reporting or what. But it is a valid issue, especially if doctors aren't careful enough to make sure their patients are staying away from double-dipping like that.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

The thing is Tejas, getting ahold of those multiple prescriptions at the most for a normal person is the difference of a month -- at the most.

You could easily have another doctor prescribe you another med because of a variety of reasons, and still get it filled as long as it's out of that time period. Add in mail-order, and pharmacy shopping... you could have several different opiate meds all at once.

Rarely do the big corporate pharmacies check all that much. The mom and pop places are the ones still left with throwback pharmacologists that actually read their patients dosing and make sure they are not mixing meds.

They are far more knowledgeable about it, than any doctor.

Throw in a big celeb like Heath Ledger... and you've got carte blanche.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

Like a low level drug dealer, doctors also get a cut from their pushing. Of course it's not going to be hard to find one who doesn't give a fuck.

Pot legalization is coinciding with the coming ban on home gardening and Codex Alimentarius forcing all food to be GMO'ed. I don't see why they would legalize something they can't control. The present situation is pretty damn profitable for them.

Board footer