You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Re: Slash vs. Bill Gates (Welcome To The Jungle....!)

Neemo wrote:

i thought it was pretty friggin cool.... 9 3 it was pretty damn close and his own embellisment on his own riff so he can play it however he likes IMO besides he prolly hasnt even played wttj in 12 years or more

i think some of you are jealous that slash is gettin all the gnr credit these days wink its ok guys it really is 15 16 19

btw was he playing slither at the end?

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

back in November he said he hadn't played SCOM since the last GnR show...

AtariLegend wrote:

SLASH Plays 'Sweet Child O' Mine' For The First Time In A Decade - Nov. 15, 2007....According to MTV News, he explained when he got nervous at the camp: "Only once tonight so far which was trying to remember the solo to 'Sweet Child O' Mine' cause I haven't played it since probably the last GUNS N' ROSES show....

same prolly goes for wttj, thats all I'm saying 19

Locomotive98
 Rep: 17 

Locomotive98 wrote:
Neemo wrote:

i thought it was pretty friggin cool.... 9 3 it was pretty damn close and his own embellisment on his own riff so he can play it however he likes IMO besides he prolly hasnt even played wttj in 12 years or more

i think some of you are jealous that slash is gettin all the gnr credit these days wink its ok guys it really is 15 16 19

btw was he playing slither at the end?

Amen to that Neemo.

I bet Slash hasnt been rehearsing WTTJ for 10 years now so we'll cut him some slack.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Neemo

Neemo wrote:
russtcb wrote:

I don't care that he sounded like shit. Slash has always been sloppy. What bothered me the most was him showing up at an electronics industry event to advertise a video game with Bill Gates.

he's on the cover of GH3 of course hes gonna show up at a few events regarding it...and lets face it if anyone can pay to get him there for 15 seconds its bill gates 16

elmir
 Rep: 53 

elmir wrote:

it was shit that he just walked on and off.....but other than that....Slash kicks major ass....its his riff....he can play it anyhow he wants....

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
russtcb wrote:

What bothered me the most was him showing up at an electronics industry event to advertise a video game with Bill Gates.

I think we're referring to what rusttcb is saying about it being "lame" not how he plays the song, but the fact he shows up for 30 seconds at some electronics convention??! It's like something out of the Simpsons.

Also, didn't Slash play WTTJ with Camp Freddy?! I though Chester Pinkenson or whatever from Linkin Park sang with them. Myb that was PC.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I don't have a problem with this. Axl fans should be happy anyways. Slash continually props up the GNR legacy while Axl seems intent on destroying it. Slash helping the legacy increases the chances of more tickets being sold on the next tour.

While Axl gets laughed at in just about every media outlet, Slash gets kudos across the board. No can can deny not just his past contributions to the legacy, but his current contributions as well.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Robman
 Rep: 5 

Robman wrote:

saying slash hasn't played it in 10 years is bull shit, chances are he has picked up his guitar sometime in the last decade and randomly played that song, every guitar player does it, its not like you forget something like that.

Board footer