You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Re: 12 GN'R shows in Las Vegas

RussTCB wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

I'd lean toward it being real.

I was thinking about what they could do to make this tour different...without having to actually do any new material....and all I can come up with is deeper cuts from the back catalogue.

Obvious choices:

-Double Talking Jive (Easy to Sing when Axl's voice is burnt, and begging for a 3 tarist jam session at the end)
-Breakdown - not too hard to sing.
-Locomotive (just to take back all the slash songs wink )
- Coma (but it's hard to sing)
- Move to the City (cos it worked in the UYI days)
- Mamma Kin

I started to think on the "Appetite For Democracy" theme the other night and thought "Hmm... I wonder if they'll include something from 'Incident finally". I could see either Since I Don't Have You or Hair of the Dog getting added to the list you've got up there.

Down on the Farm is the obvious choice since you don't really sing for this song. That would work great for Axl and the band if their were any vocal problems. Hearing Appetite front to back would be an interesting to hear; but I rather they try new things instead. The songs you suggested would be alot of fun to hear as well. I love the cover of Since I Don't Have You.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Mikkamakka wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

I'd lean toward it being real.

I was thinking about what they could do to make this tour different...without having to actually do any new material....and all I can come up with is deeper cuts from the back catalogue.

Obvious choices:

-Double Talking Jive (Easy to Sing when Axl's voice is burnt, and begging for a 3 tarist jam session at the end)
-Breakdown - not too hard to sing.
-Locomotive (just to take back all the slash songs wink )
- Coma (but it's hard to sing)
- Move to the City (cos it worked in the UYI days)
- Mamma Kin

Knowing his latest performances, Axl will die on stage if he tries to sing Locomotive or Coma. DTJ and Breakdown would sound ridiculous on the Mickey Mouse voice, too.

I've never understood why they didn't play the Axl songs off UYI. Fans would love to hear Yesterdays or Dead Horse, they are easy to play, easy to sing (well, you need some breath for DH), so they'd be obvious choices. Even Back Off Bitch, Right Next Door to Hell or Since I Don't Have You would be better than the same old.

Yesterdays and Dead Horse are on my list of favorite GNR songs! So that would be quite a treat for me and many others to hear. I'm hoping Going Down is a real option to use during the set.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I'm fine seeing more UYI songs worked into the set. I'm a fair guy. But I do agree with Mikka that Axl will be Loco if he tries to sing Locomotive.

Listened to the 2nd night at Bridge School... wasn't much better.

Will
 Rep: 227 

Will wrote:

Hadn't seen these posted smile

60105821233097529012.jpg

403559_486016248105134_1580414468_n.jpg

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

It's embarrassing that Axl can't be troubled to be there, but every single employee is.

Will
 Rep: 227 

Will wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

It's embarrassing that Axl can't be troubled to be there, but every single employee is.

How do you know he wasn't the one taking the photo? tongue

Sky Dog wrote:

Come on Buzz, he's trying to support the real Guns N' Roses....he is just trying to get "Guns N Roses" some publicity for THEIR big AFD anniversary show.

This little run of nostalgia may put me on the dark side for good. Sorry to be an ass but it's simply a put off to me that they may do a straight run through of AFD on the anniversary with none of the people who were on the record sans Ax. Meh....kinda pissing me off to be honest. An Izzy or Duff appearance isn't going to save the day either. AFD is a sacred rock and roll classic at this point and should be treated as such by Axl. If the Flaming Lips or Phish (bands known for covering classic rock albums) want to do it, fine. But, classic Gnr members should treat it with respect....especially the 5 who created it. Bad idea in my opinion.

and ps, Russ, I know Waters does it with The Wall and Dark Side. However, it is a slightly different dynamic as he was literally the mastermind and producer of all the songs. Simply put, he played a larger role in the songwriting process for Floyd than Ax did for Gnr.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:

Does Pittman also play in a Duran Duran tribute band or what?

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:
Axlin12 wrote:

Listened to the 2nd night at Bridge School... wasn't much better.

No the whole thing was very sad.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

Bridge thing was worst thing I've ever seen/heard.

I still cringe when people refer to this as the "Legendary" Guns N Roses.

no it isn't.

Board footer