You are not logged in. Please register or login.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

Re: 12 GN'R shows in Las Vegas

-D- wrote:

Wait I haven't been paying attention

they are calling this Appetite for Democracy??

LOL

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

It's already been said but please.........MOVE ON!!  Like madagas, I cant even laugh anymore. Its went beyond pathetic and laughter. That poster is shameful. However, the "management" has no shame.

This will be like Motley Crue's Vegas stint. Same tired bullshit, different night.

I have ZERO interest until new music materializes. The promise of new music wont cut the mustard either. Only action(insert Soundgarden example here).

To those thinking they'll record while in Vegas I have this to say.......

Ron admitted about a year ago that they haven't recorded jack shit since his minimal contributions to CD, so what makes you think Vegas would be any different? If you cant record in 5 years, 2 weeks will provide nothing but head trips down memory lane. It's reaching the point where fans are gonna have to realize this is nothing but a nostalgia act. Looking for new music? Look elsewhere.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
Ben Matlock wrote:

To those thinking they'll record while in Vegas I have this to say.......

Ron admitted about a year ago that they haven't recorded jack shit since his minimal contributions to CD, so what makes you think Vegas would be any different? If you cant record in 5 years, 2 weeks will provide nothing but head trips down memory lane. It's reaching the point where fans are gonna have to realize this is nothing but a nostalgia act. Looking for new music? Look elsewhere.

I don't think ANYONE is expecting them to work on new music while in Vegas.  More like wishful thinking.  Something we've gotten quite good at over the years. 17

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
faldor wrote:

More like wishful thinking.  Something we've gotten quite good at over the years. 17

Use Your Illusion was the perfect title. tongue

Intercourse
 Rep: 212 

Intercourse wrote:

I just wonder what has happened with 'the boss' and his value system.

He seems happier than ever yet the bar for GNR is at an all time low (if you discount doing nothing at all which, at this stage I almost prefered - at least I could dream things would be great again).

recently he has been freely and agressively plundering the imagery around the old lineup to hock his wares; he obviously has NO interest in his current guys forming a solid identity with the fans.

So what is the plan? We've studied this guy for decades yet I just don't understand what is going on now or is going to happen. Things are nutty:

- Old AFD merchandise shipped the fanbase

- A Ritz show where only one man who was at the '88 one was there for the
   whole thing.

- Appetite style poster is back up in Vegas to celebrate 25 years of an album
   that nobody who played on that album is around to play.

- Izzy blanking his most devoted fans and old bandmates at the RRHOF but
   still flying to France to play a fucking wedding, a move so cheesy that even
   an employee of Axl Rose went on twitter to complain about.

This is all stuff I just don't get.

Gibbo
 Rep: 191 

Gibbo wrote:
Intercourse wrote:

He seems happier than ever yet the bar for GNR is at an all time low (if you discount doing nothing at all which, at this stage I almost prefered - at least I could dream things would be great again).

recently he has been freely and agressively plundering the imagery around the old lineup to hock his wares; he obviously has NO interest in his current guys forming a solid identity with the fans.

So what is the plan? We've studied this guy for decades yet I just don't understand what is going on now or is going to happen. Things are nutty:

whole thing.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
Intercourse wrote:

whole thing.

Despite all their talk and the wishes of some parts of the fanbase, they are hungry for money. They are middle-aged men who lost their ambition, but got used to a lifestyle. Here lies the answer.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

smoke
 Rep: 77 

smoke wrote:

Yeah I don't know how I made it 5 pages without knowing about the Appetite for Democracy bs. Wow, that's lame.

Intercourse
 Rep: 212 

Intercourse wrote:

Who would have thought that Slash is no longer the lead player for the 'whore' moniker cast upon him by the Axlamics?

Appetite for Democracy..maybe that's the name of Axl's wedding band?

Board footer