You are not logged in. Please register or login.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

Re: 12 GN'R shows in Las Vegas

polluxlm wrote:

Appetite for Cash.

I'm actually surprised it hasn't happened before. What other place to be without a new album and a tired setlist than Vegas?

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

Well, I'm excited about it for 2 reasons. 

1) I haven't seen Axl sing live since 1992.  The band does a pretty solid job playing the songs I enjoy hearing and they don't play much off of CD.  I also have found that even songs I don't love tend to sound different live, so I may like the live versions better.

2) I love Vegas.  I would pretty much see anybody in Vegas and be happy about it, so while this is a negative to you, it's a positive to me.  I wrote them off as a nostolgia act a long time ago, so I don't find anything about this to be troublesome.

On top of that, I may get the chance to hang out with Russ, so that's just a bonus.  I may go from meeting no evo members in person to meeting 5 in the next few months.  Pretty cool if you ask me.

Sky Dog wrote:

looking at the setlists from the last tour...you will get 7 AFD songs and 6-7 CD songs....about the same. Now, how the hell is this tour gonna be any different? It's not. You just need to hope they don't cut stuff like Estranged and Civil War.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

And I hope you guys have a great time, dude.

I would bet Axl has no idea about that poster; it reeks of Fernando. But this level of detachment from things makes it very, very difficult to see his side of things when he blasts former managers for doing this same thing. Remember Merck and pushing the old merch? I think this is even worse than that.

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

looking at the setlists from the last tour...you will get 7 AFD songs and 6-7 CD songs....about the same. Now, how the hell is this tour gonna be any different? It's not. You just need to hope they don't cut stuff like Estranged and Civil War.

In a perfect world, I'd prefer a UYI heavy set (I prefer it to AFD).  I can live with 7 CD songs - it's probably less than 1/3 of the show. 

I'm least looking forward to the solos.  I remember being pretty bored with the Sorum/Slash solos on the UYI tour, and I was a fan of them. 

I also want to apologize for raining on people's parades in the past.  I know I did it, and at the time I felt justified in doing so.  I was much harsher than people have been in this thread, so I can see where I probably pissed off some people that were really looking forward to shows.  I'm genuinely sorry for that.

Intercourse
 Rep: 212 

Intercourse wrote:

If I was partying in Vegas sure I would hit this up and enjoy.
I just never saw this kind of thing for GNR.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

I also want to apologize for raining on people's parades in the past.  I know I did it, and at the time I felt justified in doing so.  I was much harsher than people have been in this thread, so I can see where I probably pissed off some people that were really looking forward to shows.  I'm genuinely sorry for that.

Did some alien kidnap and brainwash you? I want the old Buzz back. 16

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Did some alien kidnap and brainwash you? I want the old Buzz back. 16

No, I'm just getting wiser in my old age.  To prove it's still me I have to say it's hard to believe that I could get even wiser than I was, but it's happened.  big_smile

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:

GNR seem to be doing everything now other than releasing new music. I still think they should release as much as they can under a new album or re-release, close the lid on Democracy and then just move on with the new band.

I'm sure the Vegas shows will make a great night out though.

Board footer