You are not logged in. Please register or login.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

Re: Megadeth Singer Doubles Down on Government Shooting Claims

monkeychow wrote:

Well...yes...it's highly inaccurate to call it Nazi...I'm just saying I can see the logic that if you think your own rights are consistently being diminished then it makes sense for citizens to be vigilant about protecting and upholding those rights - or they get eroded by a process of stealth, inaction and apathy.

But it seems like in many western nations if you dare to suggest something could be better, blind national pride arises and tells the speaker to fuck off, when we'd all have a lot more reasons for pride if we listened to fair review.

That said, I think mustaine is wrong in this specific instance, it sounds a little paranoid.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:

A little paranoid? More like over the top paranoid. Our rights are being eroded every year, but it's been going on for many decades. Just the way it is. The system is so corrupt that I've pretty much given up on us being able to turn it around. My hope is simply that it goes at a slow enough pace that I won't be alive to see the day when we do have a totalitarian government.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Not that this comes as a shock, but I sadly have family members that buy into this stuff.

The rumors and BS that go around gun clubs and the NRA is laughable. Awhile back I had to debunk the Obama/ATF ammo debacle with my uncle which was called out as fake TWO YEARS AGO.

He was still running around going off about how "he couldn't believe how anyone can vote for that nigger".

Usually it's those with that mindset are the type of people spouting off about this stuff. They are the dumbest of the damn dumb.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

In real life you always get a somewhat polite reaction to controversial opinions. When a distant celebrity does it however the gloves really come off and you see how crazy people think you really are. 16

Dave is fortunate enough to be able to espouse what he believes is true when it isn't accepted as such. He is unfortunate though to have to rely on alternative authorities like Alex Jones for his information.

But of course that shooting was staged, if it happened at all. Most news are.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

For the record, I don't think the shooting was staged at all, but I value the idea that we live in a society where people like Mustaine are around to question what we are told, and to keep people thinking and not asleep at the wheel of their lives.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Dave only feels punished because he's a Conservative in a sea and a business of not just liberals, but staunch liberals.

Guess what?

When I talk about my political or spirtual beliefs, and feelings on Obama where I live, with my color (White), with my accent, in a sea of camo-wearing, black-hating, God fearing, honkies.... i'm hated and punished too.

Point is -- like The Bandit said "Where you're standing at any given time in the world, decides how dumb you are"

Dave can take from that what he wants. Stop feeling so persecuted.

Board footer