You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Furbush
 Rep: 107 

Re: How In The Hell Do We Not Have A Breaking Bad Thread?

Furbush wrote:

Just finished up the 5th season. Good Lord. Anyone else as into this amazing show as me? I need to talk about this shit. A year long wait after THAT cliffhanger is probably going to kill me.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:
Furbush wrote:

Just finished up the 5th season. Good Lord. Anyone else as into this amazing show as me? I need to talk about this shit. A year long wait after THAT cliffhanger is probably going to kill me.

And what's going to kill even more is the fact that THERE ARE ONLY 8 EPISODES LEFT!!!!

Anyone else want the show to just keep going on?  It's some of the best television made in recent years (if not ever, as well).

Furbush

Furbush wrote:

Russ... Do yourself a solid and start hitting this show on netflix. I know you're a guy that appreciates good television. The second half of season 5 isn't airing until next summer. Don't wait.

If you've ever trusted anyone ever... Trust Furbush (tylerdurden) on this one, baby... Great show. Possibly my 2nd favorite show of all time behind The Wire . Meet me back here... Readyyyy... GO!

johndivney wrote:

polluxlm & i were talking about it briefly in the recently watched movies thread...

this season has been superb.

it does bug me this idea of splitting the final season into two. but it's a minor quibble really.
i do have a litany of minor quibbles w/the show (i've always hated jesse for example.. most of my mates seem to identify w/him tho, i can't fucking stand him & wish he'd been killed off in s01 lol!)

but overall all it's such an entertaining & fun show, it really is top notch tv.

i kinda assumed they're were going to go down this road plot-wise a few seasons back, or whenever it was they finally announced when the show was ending. but it's still played out p well.

i won't miss his annoying wife, her sister or jesse when the show does end. i do miss

Hidden Text:

gus & mike tho & even gale!

. but walter is one of the great tv characters ever, up there w/tony soprano & stringer bell. one minute i fucking love him & would love to be him, the next minute he does something so despicable it's not even cool! & it's been that rollercoaster from the fucking get-go. it has been a great show.

& it's great for loadsa reasons. the direction & camera shots for example have been incredible - shovel-cam anyone?! & the mash-up of genres & styles, one minute it's like the a-team trying to concoct some crazy scheme or explosion to rescue a dire situation the next minute it's a soap-opera then it's a police show. & there's so much more...

it's just the standard bearer of what great tv should be. it's brilliant brilliant fun, & often very very funny too.

johndivney wrote:
Saikin wrote:

Anyone else want the show to just keep going on?  It's some of the best television made in recent years (if not ever, as well).

i actually thought it coulda ended last season. that they dragged it out a little too long.

but i was wrong.
they are ending it too soon!!

johndivney wrote:

also:

Hidden Text:

there's no happy ending coming for walter. the cancer's back/his brother-in-law's gonna get him/the sexy madrigal chick & the other dealers surely won't just let him 'out' &?? what about todd? is jesse gonna save the day? even for jesse that'd be a stupid fucking move!

Furbush

Furbush wrote:
johndivney wrote:

(i've always hated jesse for example.. most of my mates seem to identify w/him tho, i can't fucking stand him & wish he'd been killed off in s01 lol!)

He was actually supposed to be killed off in season 2... But, the writer's strike delayed production... And during the break, they decided that Cranston and Paul had a great onscreen chemistry, and changed it up...

Furbush

Furbush wrote:
johndivney wrote:
Saikin wrote:

i actually thought it coulda ended last season. that they dragged it out a little too long.

but i was wrong.

In all seriousness... The show could have ended after that last episode. It would have been both maddening and open ended. ..but great.

Rex
 Rep: 50 

Rex wrote:
Furbush wrote:
johndivney wrote:
Saikin wrote:

but i was wrong.

In all seriousness... The show could have ended after that last episode. It would have been both maddening and open ended. ..but great.

It could...and I would hate my fuckin life haha

Board footer