You are not logged in. Please register or login.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

Re: "Better" Video Discussion

RussTCB wrote:

removed

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

RussTCB wrote:

A video comes with WITH Robin, Bucket and Brain? "What the fuck is this?? Those guys weren't even in the band when the damn album was released?!?!?!" (fists shaking to the high heavens)

Also: "How many people are in this fucking band, anyway?"

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
RussTCB wrote:

Another thing is the "damned if you do, damned if you don't" aspect of it as far as fans are concerned:

A video comes out without Robin, Bucket and Brain? "OOOOH AXL! YOU DIRTY FUCKER! TRYING TO PASS OFF THE NEW GUYS AS THE ONES WHO RECORDED BETTER!!!!" (fists shaking to the high heavens)

A video comes with WITH Robin, Bucket and Brain? "What the fuck is this?? Those guys weren't even in the band when the damn album was released?!?!?!" (fists shaking to the high heavens)

I see it as "do your stuff in time". The ever-changing line-up and the zillion postpones of the album were ridiculous, no wonder that the video concept suffered from the rotation. If they didn't realize by the end of 2008 that Robin had gone, then they were fools. Axl fucked it up. The whole post 1996 GN'R history, to be fair.

BTW he still doesn't get it. He's advertising this current line-up like it would be the original that "returns to the Ritz" or the one that made AFD. He'll never learn, he'll never change, hence he'll always fuck up his and his band's chances. Maybe in the end it looks like that he has to decide between two bad things, but he made his bed. Never forget that all the roads that lead to these situations were chosen by Axl.

Naltav
 Rep: 70 

Naltav wrote:
RussTCB wrote:

Another thing is the "damned if you do, damned if you don't" aspect of it as far as fans are concerned:

A video comes out without Robin, Bucket and Brain? "OOOOH AXL! YOU DIRTY FUCKER! TRYING TO PASS OFF THE NEW GUYS AS THE ONES WHO RECORDED BETTER!!!!" (fists shaking to the high heavens)

Yeah, this whole gnr-saga post 1993 has been so fueled with changes, things that could've been etc etc. At this point it's possible to argue that they should do this and that differently no matter what they decide to do.

The easiest way to try and keep up with this band, is to try to let go of all the baggage of the past and just roll with whatever comes our way.

If you gonna analyze every move they make or have made, you'll end up like one these fans that gets upset all the time. To me, it's just not worth it.

When I saw this video and saw that stuff with BH, Robin and Brain, I thought for 2 sec: "Hm, how did they plan to...? Why is...?" 
Then I went: "Aww, fuck it! Cool video to a great song! Done!"

otto
 Rep: 83 

otto wrote:
RussTCB wrote:

If the animation one was released there would be none of that to be complained...

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:

The question is how long will Ashba and Bumble wait around for Axl to make his next move or will history repeat itself...

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

The video is a rough cut. That's not the final version.

But what is this animated video people keep talking about?

sandman
 Rep: 30 

sandman wrote:

wow! i missed all of this. is the video still available for download somewhere?

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

Damn still haven't seen it

Sky Dog wrote:
misterID wrote:

The video is a rough cut. That's not the final version.

But what is this animated video people keep talking about?

from msl documents...a few versions...can't remember where animated info came from but I think it was legit.

016. Better video treatment v1

028. Better video treatment v2

020. Chinese Democracy video treatmeant

023. Street of Dreams video treatment

Board footer