You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Re: "Better" Video Discussion

I want to see the other treatments especially the CD and SOD ones! big_smile

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

I will post my thoughts on this video four years from now. 16

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

What's even more sad is the top video on the Guns official website is Sweet Child  O' Mine. Especially since this band is trying to move forward; but still using the image of 21

otto
 Rep: 83 

otto wrote:

Somebody once contacted one of the firms that are associated with GN'R about the Better video and they replied with something about the animation video and the live one. I guess that's why there's Better v1 and v2 on MSL documents and I'm pretty sue MSL confirmed this as well.

The video treatments could very well be the ones on the screens for songs. Allegedly this is the one for Catcher In The Rye:

otto
 Rep: 83 

otto wrote:

This is the comment on the video:

"Guns n Roses was hiring amateur video producer to make videos for them. This video was played on screen behind the band during their tour. People keep on complain that it isnt official. its not OFFICIAL but it WAS played at their concerts."

Why I think this is legit: it was not force fed on forums or anywhere else and found by accident when someone was searching for a live version. If it was someone trying to promote themselves using GN'R, the name of the producer/director would be easy to discover and it's nowhere in sight. The video seems at par with productions that are played on the screens at concerts. It's very well done and it's not associated with anything else anywhere else...

But it was never confirmed, so..

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:

After seeing that cut of the video, this was funny.

Lars Ulrich wrote:

There was a couple of clips of me in the video and they asked if I would sign off on it. When it got to me, I signed off on the one clip. ... There's a shot of me and Axl embracing backstage at some concert, and I signed off that.

- source

No sign-offs to "shots of me puking into a trash can and being carried off the backstage".

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

This UziSuicidal LLC who keeps getting videos taken down is not actually connected with the band in any way, right? I really wish someone would lawyer up and take the fucker down.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:
misterID wrote:

The video is a rough cut. That's not the final version.

But what is this animated video people keep talking about?

from msl documents...a few versions...can't remember where animated info came from but I think it was legit.

016. Better video treatment v1

028. Better video treatment v2

020. Chinese Democracy video treatmeant

023. Street of Dreams video treatment

Ohhhhh, okay, I know what you're talking about. The director admitted to making a treatment for it. Just looked it up:

The concept for the Better video is pretty wacky. Not sure if the video ever actually got made as I only have the video treatment and some rough sketches. Nicholas Peterson was slated as director. Set in a surreal world of desert rocks and valleys, the video is an allegory of a man who fell in love and couldn't let go.

According to the director, the video would be a mixture of traditional stop motion animation puppets and 2-D hand drawn animation.

The main character is named Stanley, a man who attempts to turn himself into a bird like creature to win the love of a wounded bird woman.

Sounds like a perfect Robin video. Too bad it wasn't made for TIL.

Board footer