You are not logged in. Please register or login.

otto
 Rep: 83 

Re: "Better" Video Discussion

otto wrote:

909263d6_2291482-not_sure_if_serious.jpeg

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

no seriously, i like it.

sure its not a big production but its still cool and it works.
I mean shit, SCOM and PC were basically shots of band playing song etc.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

It's cool that it's lots of live and backstage footage, but it's edited poorly, and ends up just looking messy.

-D-

-D- wrote:

My only issue is the song lasts FOREVER

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
-D- wrote:

no seriously, i like it.

That's the thing.  Videos aren't what they once were.  The days of 20 million dollar budgets for a lavish music video are long gone.  Especially considering the lack of label support coming out of the gate this time around.  This video certainly was "good enough" to do the trick with the obvious issues aside (3 EX-members in the video, among others).

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

I reckon if Robin had stuck around, they would've released it. But replacing him with Ashba in the video would be absurd (particularly if previous band members like Buckethead were still in there) and adding him to the video while leaving Robin in would be equally absurd (there would be five guitarists in there).

Plus I doubt they had time to do a ground-up re-edit like that.

otto
 Rep: 83 

otto wrote:

When they were supposed to have released it, near the end of 2008 (Axl chats), Robin situation was still unclear and DJ wasn't part of the band yet.

It would have been perfect, even if Robin wasn't in the band, given that Izzy appeared on Live And Let Die after he was gone.

Another missing opportunity for Axl.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

-D- wrote:

no seriously, i like it.

Agreed! 5

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
ottosporteman wrote:

When they were supposed to have released it, near the end of 2008 (Axl chats), Robin situation was still unclear and DJ wasn't part of the band yet.

It would have been perfect, even if Robin wasn't in the band, given that Izzy appeared on Live And Let Die after he was gone.

Another missing opportunity for Axl.

I don't know about that.  I mean, yes they could have released the video even with the uncertainty of Robin and it would have done the trick.  BUT, I could see the other side of things.  How do you promote this "epic" album when the 2 main guitarists are no longer in the band?  So yes, they could've released the video and left it at that.  But I'm not sure it would've made much of a difference.  You needed Axl's participation, without that, you've got nothing.  Not releasing the video is only one piece of the puzzle, and a very small one at that.

-D-

-D- wrote:

As i said all along, Robin really fucked  Axl over and I think was a giant reason the promo on Axl's end sucked

Board footer