You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: Album cover and trailer for new Soundgarden album

Axlin16 wrote:
Ben Matlock wrote:

Yeah, music news of the decade that's for sure. The description of the album sounds insane and the two clips we've heard so far back it up. Glad that all members have contributed. Down on the Upside has some mind blowing songs but its mainly a Cornell/Shepherd album.

Sky Dog wrote:

damn, now THAT is what I expected from new Gnr back in the early 2000's..

The difference in being batshit crazy vs together and focused.

Yep. Sad when you think about it. 

They even recorded on tour. GNR couldn't finish up a 12 year old album during the past couple years of recording? They should have finished that relic and recorded a new one with time to spare.

Surprisingly enough -- you're right. I mean not to say you're right, but what a SHITTY SHITTY comment on the music industry, that a Soundgarden return really is THIS big.

They are a great band, but at the same time there were so many missed moments (thinking GN'R & Metallica immediately) of the bands from that day that this full Soundgarden return has been probably the most anticipated thing in the rock scene in a decade for me, because I was really not hard for that Van Halen deal, even though there was alot more fan fare around that.

Alice In Chains returned, but at the same time Layne being gone is like Chris being gone from SG or Eddie from PJ. Big hole. AIC still impressed coming back in 2009.

But this Soundgarden thing... goddamn i'm ready man. My state of mind right now, this mother fucking return is the EXACT thing I need to hear. Everytime I heard "Live To Rise" on the radio and Kim's guitar solo kicks in, my dick gets so hard I could shift gears with the fucker.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Since you haven't been online in awhile, did you hear the first clip they released promoting the album?

The single Been Away Too Long is being released on the 27th. Someone jumped the gun about an early radio launch.

Live to Rise was killer. Strange how some hardcore fans bitched about it. While meant only for the soundtrack, it was the perfect song to launch this thing.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Yeah I heard that. Don't remember when, but I went to YouTube and typed in "Soundgarden new 2012" because I hadn't heard anything on the album, and that video popped up. Sounds good. Real good.

Today is the 27th, i'll be looking for Been Away Too Long.

Board footer