You are not logged in. Please register or login.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

Re: Best band Finals Russ vs BLS

-D- wrote:

RUSS:
Elvis Presley (Vocals)
Randy Rhodes (Guitars)
David Gilmour (Guitars)
John McVie (Bass)
Taylor Hawkins (Drums)
Prince (Utility)

VS:

BLSPride:
Layne Staley (Vocals)
Dimebag Darrell (Guitars)
Tony Iommi (Guitars)
Cliff Burton (Bass)
John Bonham (Drums)
Billy Gibbons (Utility)

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Sorry Russ! Your band would be so much fun to listen to; but BLS's band would have better chemistry in terms of each of them being in the similar genre and they would gel together seamlessly. Tony and Dime's guitar attack would be pure bliss in terms of their mastery! Over Layne's strong legendary vocals that are perfect for either punk, metal, alternative, and post grunge. Bonzo..what do I even need to say? Not a big Metallica fan; but Cliff's playing would fit perfectly with these guys.  Billy Gibbons could produce a cool southern metal Pantera sounding record with huge thrashing with melodic rhythm by adding his own personal touch and getting these guys to become an unstoppable force in music.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Extremely tough decision for me since I'd be a fan of both of these fantasy bands and would get my money's worth for any of these epic performances.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

I think BLS has the more COHESIVE unit

BUT

Hearing Prince/Gilmour guitar solo battle....

DAMN

Gotta go Russ

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

Look who crashed the party 16

Being the most heavy band outta this tournament I am very very please to be in the final. People got what I was trying to do. I think D put it well, COHESIVE unit. You look at my line up and you think a band. You look at Russ' line up and you think individual talents. I won't get too into but I think my band flows better and would just sound better on a stage playing music together. I've said about all I can say through out these rounds so I dont wanna repeat myself.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

bls for reasons already stated throughout the tourney

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

I voted for Russ because if nothing else, I learned through this process and some other threads that at the end of the day I am not a metal fan; I am a pop fan, and this is the second best pop band in the competition and the best remaining.

Yes, even when voting for Russ' band, I still get a dig in at all of you for not voting the best band through to the finals...it's a very buzzsaw thing to do (that last little bit was for Stacey...if I'm going to get hit in Vegas, I'm going to get my money's worth out of it).

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Sky Dog wrote:

BLS, the only thing about your band that isn't cohesive is the addition of Gibbons to a metal lineup. You need a utility keyboard player and this is your man.......Viv Savage who also played keyboard bass for the one and only Spinal Tap. 9

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0RjIDuS … re=related

Board footer