You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Re: ADLER: Debut Album Details Revealed

Smoking Guns wrote:

D, you cannot deny his talent, he smokes Ashba and likely Fortus.

otto
 Rep: 83 

otto wrote:
-D- wrote:

Still havent bought it. Seeing jacob rape SCOM and do the douche guitar stuff turned me off. Ill buy it soon though

Thought that was pretty disrespectful... Lame for a nobody, altough talented he is nobody so far..

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

He is a Huge Slash fan and was hot dogging. At least he tries to play Slash's solos vs dumbing them down like Ashba does.

smoke
 Rep: 77 

smoke wrote:

I'm with D- that dude just turns me off even though he's obviously a great player. He comes across to me as souless and douchey. He goes through all those "hotdogging" moves with just an expressionless too-cool-for-school look. Nonetheless, I'm buying the album.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

I agree. I don't care for it, but the album is AWESOME!  He sounds great as does Lonnie Paul who has some killer solos!!

Gibbo
 Rep: 191 

Gibbo wrote:

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

D, you cannot deny his talent, he smokes Ashba and likely Fortus.

I agree. The dude rules, Maybe not against Fortus, but based on what i've heard, he's a far more capable guitarist for the GN'R sound than DJ.

Although in fairness, Richard Fortus is GNR's rhythm player. Other than the occasional three-man solos, Richard has never really been given the chance he was originally supposed to have to be GNR's lead guitarist, which he'd be far more capable of. Based on what we've heard, Richard has the closest tone and feel to Slash of anyone of the new Guns.

fortus

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

Damn, Habit is a pretty cool tune as well!!!  D, stop hatin, Bunton is a huge Slash fan...

Gibbo
 Rep: 191 

Gibbo wrote:

Been listening to this all week at work killer album a must have. After hearing this album ill give adler alot more creidit for helping create ATD \nn/

smoke
 Rep: 77 

smoke wrote:

I love Steven's style and the sound he brings, but I don't think he's got a single writing credit on the album.

Board footer