You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

Re: US Presidential Debates

The 1st of 3 Presidential debates just wrapped up in Denver. Did people watch it? What did everyone think?

I'd give Romney the win by a slight margin, which I think is a bit of an upset. I want to see what other people think before getting into more specifics though.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Romney mopped the floor with Obama. Total beat down. Even MSNBC noticed it. Total domination.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:

I watched it and from an outsiders perspective it blows my mind that a large portion of Americans are willing to back such a manipulative, shady, arrogant, semantic playing clown like Romney.

You guys are fucked if you elect a guy who's sole purpose seems to be padding the wallets of his buddies. At least Obama wants what's best for everyone not just the highest  5% or so of income earners in America.

Yes Romney was more slick in his answers tonight but wow does he ever not give a shit abot the average person. Obama comes off genuine wheras Romney comes off as a greaseball.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

Bono, we agree about a lot of shit, but Obama is as corrupt as they come.  You can tell he is out of his league with out a teleprompter.  He hasn't done anything to earn 4 more years.  He won off Hope and Change.. Nothing happened.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Romney is full of shit, and I will not be voting for him.

But he fucking OWNED Obama tonight. I was joking with some friends who forgot about the debate and I said, "didn't you hear, Obama signed the contract! He's giving Romney a title shot tonight!"

Just kidding around, you know. Needless to say when we were watching it, I was kinda shocked. About 10 minutes in I already saw that Romney was working Obama into a shoot and it was a done deal at that point.

However, I still think Romney came across as the heel of the night, despite the obvious 1, 2, 3. I think another moment was Romney obviously using his family to get the face time at the end to show off, while Obama quickly limped off the stage.

The better question now is, was it real? Or did Obama let it happen to let Romney get cocky and over-confident, and Obama's gonna come back with a vengeance?

I will say this, check around with these fact check deals, and many times I was yelling at the TV screen, TONS and TONS of times Romney pulled bullshit GOP stats out of his ass, and other times just flat out LIED.

What bothered me was... Obama did not SEIZE those opportunities to call him out. He just grunted, looked down at his notes and just let it pass. Maybe Obama's letting him get over-confident, but he just seemed to kind of phone it in tonight, and several times Obama was reminiscent of Bush with his "uhhhs", and "fuzzy math" heh heh heh.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
Axlin12 wrote:

I will say this, check around with these fact check deals, and many times I was yelling at the TV screen, TONS and TONS of times Romney pulled bullshit GOP stats out of his ass, and other times just flat out LIED.

What bothered me was... Obama did not SEIZE those opportunities to call him out. He just grunted, looked down at his notes and just let it pass. Maybe Obama's letting him get over-confident, but he just seemed to kind of phone it in tonight, and several times Obama was reminiscent of Bush with his "uhhhs", and "fuzzy math" heh heh heh.

This!

Even I know how full of shit Romney is and how many "facts" were completely made up. It's insane to me that a large number of Americans can see that and be like "yeah Romney for Pres!" Obama's expressions were great though. You could see it on his face that he knew Romney was full of it.  But like you Axlin I was  kinda surprised to see Obama "uhhh" his way through tonight.

Maybe it's a game plan like you said. He's luring Romney in maybe? 16  Who knows. I'll be interested in seeing the next one.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

Obama is so unorganized he didn't know what to day back because he simply doesn't know what the fuck he is talking about. He isn't that smart. What a beat down.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I gotta agree. For as much unnecessary shit as Bush got, Obama doesn't strike me as a brain surgeon either.

He looked unorganized and uninterested. I don't know if he's still butt hurt that the White Sox choked and lost the AL Central in the final week of the season, or what his deal was.

His facts were alot more spot on than Romney's, even fact checkers have pretty much backed that up -- so what was the problem? Like you mentioned, Obama delivered those facts like a man that didn't really even know what he was delivering.

Which is really really odd.

Obama delivered the exact same facts during the Democratic National Convention, with much more confidence and conviction. He knows what he's talking about, or at least knows how to deliver the news of it to you and viewers.

But not tonight, he was flustered by his own facts. About the only moment of the night Obama had an uptick, was he pretty much called out Romney on his lies about Obamacare, but even still not really with enough conviction to really sell it.

This was a MAJOR opportunity for Obama to pounce on Romney and WORK -- HIM.

Even Romney was wise enough to STAY THE FUCK AWAY from the Obamacare subject, and Medicare. Why? Because he knows he knows nothing about it. Republicans didn't even bother reading that mandate, because their precious insurance companies and homeboys were gonna lose money on the deal having to be forced into competition, rather than free money and free hikes on a daily basis.

Romney didn't challenge the issue, because he knew he was lost in it, plus he didn't want to denounce Medicare in the process. He didn't let Obama bait him.

Problem is, Obama didn't push it. So what happeneed?

Obama basically gave Romney's lack of talking about Obamacare come across as "knowing better of Obamacare", than Obama.

Last night was literally a pure example of Obama "snatching defeat from the jaws of victory".

He gave that debate to Romney.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

Both sides lie.  Both sides suck.

I didn't watch the debate, and I won't watch the others either.  I don't care what they say because the reality is they don't end up doing most of it anyway and the other party stops them from doing the rest.  I'm sick of the whole thing.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

NO TELEPROMPTER

Board footer